How to Check Premium of National Car Insurance Plan?
Published On Aug 28, 2023
How to Check Premium of National Car Insurance Plan?
Owning a car means you'll need at least a third-party car insurance to legally drive on Indian roads. If you're eyeing the National Car Insurance, you're probably asking, "What's it going to cost?" Don't worry; we've got your back. In this quick read, we'll guide you through simple steps to check the insurance price, also known as the 'premium'. Ready? Let's explore!
About National Car Insurance
National Car Insurance isn't just any insurance provider; it's one of the most trusted names in India, with deep roots tracing back to its long-standing history. Imagine a company that's been around for ages, seen the ins and outs of the car insurance world, and still stands tall. That's National for you!
- What's impressive about National is its sheer size and commitment to its customers. With over 10,500 dedicated staff members, they ensure you're always taken care of. And it's not just about the numbers; it's about the quality of service. Their car insurance, for instance, is top-notch. If you're considering getting on board, use their handy online tool - the National car insurance premium calculator. It simplifies things, showing you exactly what you might pay.
- But what if you run into some car troubles? That's where their expansive network of over 3100 cashless garages comes into play. These aren't just any garages; they offer cashless claims, meaning less stress for you. And guess what? If you're ever in a pickle, their 24x7 helpline is there to assist.
- Perhaps one of the most reassuring bits is their claim settlement ratio - a whopping 85.71%. That's a clear sign of reliability. With over 1730 offices scattered across the country, National ensures that quality service is never far from reach. In simple terms, with National, you're in good hands.
Why Checking the Premium is Essential?
So, you're thinking about car insurance. That's a wise move! But before you go ahead and sign any papers, there's a vital step you shouldn't skip: checking out the premium. If you're wondering what the premium is, it's simply the amount you'll be paying for your insurance. It's like the price tag on that new pair of shoes you've been eyeing. And just like you'd check the price before buying those shoes, you should do the same with insurance. Here's why:
- Avoid Unexpected Costs: Knowing the premium upfront helps you avoid those unwanted surprises. It's a bit like ordering food at a restaurant – you'd glance at the menu prices before ordering, right? By knowing what you'll be spending, you can make sure it fits comfortably into your budget.
- Customize Your Coverage: Different people have different needs. Some might want all the bells and whistles, while others just want the basics. You can tailor your plan by understanding how different features impact the premium. It's like building your own burger – you pick what goes in.
- Budget-Friendly Choices: Let's face it; everyone has a budget. By checking the premium, you ensure you're not accidentally going overboard and ending up with a bill you can't handle.
- Discover Savings Opportunities: Here's a fun fact - sometimes, making small tweaks to your plan can help you save big bucks. By being aware of the premium, you can adjust and find the best bang for your buck.
- Peaceful Nights: Once you've checked and are happy with the premium, it gives you a sense of calm. Knowing you're covered without breaking the bank means one less thing on your mind.
How to check the premium of National Car Insurance Plan?
Checking the premium for your National Car Insurance has never been easier! Follow this straightforward guide to get an estimate tailored for you:
- Visit the Official Website: Start by heading to the official National Insurance website. It's your gateway to all things insurance-related.
- Select Private Car: Once you're on the website, find the section that lets you choose the type of insurance you're interested in. Pick "Private Car" - that's your ride, after all!
- Enter Your Details: On the next page, the National Car Insurance Premium Calculator will be waiting for you. This is where the magic happens. You'll need to provide some information:
- Car Details: Get your car's details ready – things like make, model, and year of manufacture.
- Personal Information: You might need to provide some personal info too, so keep those details handy.
- Fill in the Blanks: The calculator asks you about stuff like a 3-day repair option, cashless assistance, free pickup, self-video option, and more. Don't worry, just check the boxes that apply to you.
- View the Plan: Once you've provided all the necessary details, the calculator will work its magic. It'll display the estimated car insurance price.
- Adjust as Needed: Now comes the fun part. You have the flexibility to play around. You can change the Insured Declared Value (IDV) – that's the value of your car. You can also add or remove add-ons to see how they affect the premium.
- Get Your Price: As you make changes, the premium amount will update accordingly. You'll see how different choices impact your cost.
Getting car insurance shouldn't be a guessing game. Checking the premium, or the cost, of your National Car Insurance Plan is super important. It helps you know exactly what you'll be paying and ensures you get the right cover for your buck. So always take a moment to use the tools available, like the premium calculator, before making a decision. By doing this, you'll drive with confidence, knowing you've made a smart and informed choice.
Q. Why do I need car insurance?
A. First, in many places, it's the law to have it. If you're caught driving without insurance, you could get a fine or even lose your driving license. Secondly, car repairs can be super expensive. If you have an accident or someone hits your car, insurance can help you handle those costs without burning a hole in your pocket.
Q. What are premiums, and how are they decided?
A. A premium is just a fancy word for the amount you pay for your insurance, usually every month or year. The amount you pay depends on several things: the type of car you drive, how old it is, where you live, and even your driving history. So, if you have a brand-new sports car and live in a busy city, you might pay more than someone with an older car in a quiet town.
Q. What's a deductible?
A. A deductible is the amount you pay out of your pocket before the insurance starts to cover costs. Let's say your deductible is 500, and you have a repair that costs 1,500. You'll pay the first 500, and the insurance will cover the remaining 1,000.
Q. Are there different types of car insurance?
A. Yes! The most common ones are:
Liability: Covers costs if you're at fault in an accident.
Comprehensive: Covers things like theft, fire, or damages not from a crash.
Collision: Pays for damage to your car from an accident, no matter who's at fault.
Q. Can I switch my car insurance?
A. Definitely! If you find a better deal or aren't happy with your current insurance, you can switch. Just make sure there's no gap between the old and new insurance, so you're always protected.