How to Buy Car Insurance Online?
Published On May 08, 2023 10:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
How to Buy Car Insurance Online?
Car insurance up to third-party coverage is mandatory in India. Individuals driving without an active car insurance plan may be penalised. You can compare different plans online and buy the one that best suits your needs. Read on for a detailed guide to buying car insurance online.
Table of Contents
What is Car Insurance?
Car insurance is a type of motor insurance that protects your vehicle against theft, damage, and other losses. It provides financial and legal protection to the policyholders. You can choose between two types of car insurance plans-
- Third-party Car Insurance: With this type of car insurance, the policyholders get coverage only for loss or damage that happened to third-party liabilities. You can not claim this plan in case of your own vehicle damage.
- Comprehensive Car Insurance: A car insurance plan provides coverage for both third-party and own damages. The policyholders may have to pay a higher premium against a comprehensive car insurance plan.
Benefits of Buying Car Insurance Online
From clothes to groceries, everything can be bought online with ease. Then why not a car insurance policy? Similarly, to other important requirements, now you can buy car insurance online. Here’s a runway to some benefits of comparing and buying an insurance plan online.
- Quick Process: You can easily compare different plans online and secure your vehicle without any hassle. All you have to do is to provide some details, choose a plan, and get insured quickly and conveniently.
- Minimal Paperwork: Unlike offline mode, the policyholder can purchase insurance easily without indulging in the tedious paperwork process. You can simply purchase a car insurance plan by providing some basic information like the car model, registration number, and others.
- Affordable: It is worth buying car insurance online as it helps you save money. You can save on your travel costs and the commission amount that needs to be paid to an insurance agent.
- Multiple Options: When you buy a car insurance plan online, you get the choice to compare a wide variety of plans. You can compare these plans on the basis of sum assured, premium, inclusions, and exclusions.
Process to Buy Car Insurance Online
Policyholders can easily buy car insurance online at InsuranceDekho. Here’s a step-by-step guide you can follow to conveniently insure your car.
- Visit the official website of InsuranceDekho. Select “car insurance.”
- Enter your car details, such as model number, registration number, and others.
- A list of car insurance plans according to the details you provide will be displayed on your screen.
- Compare plans online and select the one that best suits your needs.
- Make a premium payment online and complete the purchasing process.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing Car Insurance Online
Whether purchasing a car insurance plan online or offline, it is crucial to keep some factors in consideration. Some of these factors are highlighted in the section below.
- Type of Plan: Analyze your insurance needs and choose the type of car insurance plan that is most suitable for you. Ideally, it is wise to purchase a comprehensive car insurance policy, as it provides both third-party damages and your own cover.
- Claim Process: Another important factor that you should consider is the claim process. Mishaps can happen anytime, therefore, select an insurer that provides customer support seven days a week. Furthermore, ensure that you compare the claim settlement ratios of the companies.
- Network Garages: Compare the companies on the basis of the network garages associated with them. It will ensure that you can avail yourself of the cashless feature without bearing hefty repair costs. You can locate the nearest network garage and get the damages recovered by an insurance company.
- Add-on Cover: Enhanced coverage will certainly help you during uncertain times. Therefore, always compare insurance plans on the basis of the add-on coverage offered. You can purchase these add-on covers with your standard car insurance policy and enjoy comprehensive protection against loss or damage.
- Insured Declared Value (IDV): It is the maximum amount that the insurer pays in case of a total loss. A premium is directly proportional to the insured's declared value. Therefore, in cases of high IDV, you may have to pay a higher premium.
In conclusion, you can easily buy car insurance online at InsuranceDekho. The policyholders can compare plans offered by some of the best insurance companies in India. When comparing plans, ensure that you consider the above-mentioned factors and make a smart decision.