Cashless Car Insurance Claims Can Be Made In 5 Simple Steps
Published On Nov 20, 2020 12:00 PM By InsuranceDekho
Cashless Car Insurance Claims helps the policyholders to get their insurance without making cash payments with the help of Network Garage.
Indian roads are filled with a variety of people, some of them drive carefully while some drive carelessly. However following all the traffic rules and taking all the required precautions is imperative but nobody can predict uncertainties which can put your safety or maybe the safety of your beloved car at risk. This is the reason it is important to have a car insurance plan. A car insurance plan provides coverage against financial losses which may arise if your car is damaged. The coverage is applicable only when the losses or harms are caused because of an accident or a natural calamity or any other liability because of any theft or accident. It helps you to avoid any kind of expenses made by you in any such event. Along with this, car insurance companies also provide any easier option of clean cashless insurance.
Types Of Insurance Claim
There are two types of car insurance claims which are as follows:
1. Car Insurance Cashless Claims
Under a car insurance cashless claims the policyholder is not required to make any payment for the repairs at the network garage. The car insurance company directly settles the payment on behalf of the policy holder with the network garage. In case the policy holder wants to avail for cashless claim the nick the damage must be under the scope of car insurance policy
2. Car Insurance Reimbursement Claims
Initially all the cost incurred on the damage of the car has to be made by the policyholder. Later on the policyholder can approach their insurance provider for the reimbursement of the payment made by them for the claim however the reimbursement depends upon the terms and conditions of the car insurance policy. In this case of car insurance reimbursement claims the policy holder has to submit the bills and receipts to the insurance provider. Once the verification of the claim form and required documents is complete the expenses will be reimbursed by the car insurance company.
Read Here: Cashless Car Insurance Claims Explained
Following are some of the steps which must be followed for a cashless car insurance claim process.
Steps for a Cashless Car Insurance Claims
- The very first thing that you must do is to inform your insurance provider about the theft or accident or own damage.
- In case of injuries or/and death involved you must immediately file FIR
- If the car is damaged severely it is advised that you should not move anywhere till the time you call the insurance company and they send a surveyor for your help.
- The surveyor sent by the insurance company will conduct scrutiny of the car and will get it towed to the network garage.
- The network garage presents an estimated cost of repairs to you and the surveyor. Once the cost is approved by the insurance company the network garage starts with the process of repairs.
- You must submit all the necessary documents to the car insurance surveyor/inspector.
How To File Car Insurance Claim After An Accident?
Significance of Different Car Insurance Add-Ons
The best car insurance companies provide instant help to their customers regardless of wherever they are. Insurance Companies make direct payment to the garages in any event of cashless car insurance claims, having a Cashless Car Insurance Claims is a hassle free process which one can opt for!
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.