Best Diesel Cars in India 2023
Updated On Oct 15, 2023
Diesel Cars in India
Did you know that many people in India prefer diesel cars over others? This is because they are known for their longer lifespan, great performance, and fuel efficiency. If you're planning to buy a diesel car, keep reading to know about the best diesel cars in India, along with tips to keep in mind when buying one!
Table of Contents
Why are diesel cars popular?
First of all, it is important to know why diesel cars are so sought-after. Driving a diesel car can be a great experience, thanks to its torque-rich performance and overall mileage. This is especially true on highways. Additionally, there have been a lot of advancements in diesel technology, ensuring that the cars emit lower levels of noise and pollution.
Factors to Take Into Account When Selecting a Diesel Car
There are a few key considerations when choosing the perfect diesel vehicle. These consist of:
- Fuel Efficiency: Better fuel efficiency means lower expenses when you're refilling diesel. Diesel rates are also lower than petrol rates.
- Performance: Make note of the torque and power.
- Comfort and Convenience: Look at features related to comfort and convenience.
- Safety: Make sure the car has up-to-date safety measures for a secure experience.
- Servicing costs: Please also check for car servicing costs, it’s generally costly to service a diesel car given that the parts wear and tear soon
Let's examine the best diesel vehicles that are grabbing attention in the Indian market in 2023 while keeping these important considerations in mind.
India's Top Diesel Cars for 2023
1. Mahindra XUV700
With its striking appearance and opulent interiors, the Mahindra XUV700 has become a leader in the diesel market.
- Performance: Equipped with a sturdy 2.2-liter mHawk diesel engine, it boasts an amazing torque output together with a power-packed performance.
- Features: It provides a high-end experience with features like an AdrenoX connectivity suite, a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, and a panoramic sunroof.
- Safety: It ensures a safe driving experience with seven airbags, ABS with EBD, and cutting-edge driver-aid technologies.
2. Kia Seltos
The Kia Seltos' sleek appearance and lovely interiors have allowed it to carve out a niche for itself.
- Performance: With its ideal balance of power and fuel efficiency, the 1.5-litre CRDi diesel engine offers a smooth and powerful driving experience.
- Features: It adds elegance to your daily trips with features like a Bose Premium 8 Speaker Sound System, a Smart 8.0-inch Heads-Up Display, and a Smart Pure Air Purifier.
- Safety: Its high-strength steel frame, six airbags, and vehicle stability management all work together to keep its occupants safe.
3. Hyundai Creta
The dynamic performance and luxurious interiors of the Hyundai Creta have made it a popular choice in the Indian market.
- Performance: Its 1.5-liter U2 CRDi diesel engine produces a powerful and smooth driving experience over a variety of terrains.
- Features: The 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, Blue Link communication capabilities, a panoramic sunroof, and other contemporary comforts are all included in the Creta.
- Safety: A safe and secure ride is ensured by safety features like electronic stability control, six airbags, and hill-start assist control.
4. Tata Harrier
In the diesel market, the Tata Harrier is a formidable competitor because of its striking appearance and potent engine.
- Performance: It has a 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine from Kryotec that delivers a strong torque output and energetic performance, particularly on highways.
- Features: Packed with features including IRA-connected car technology, a 9 JBL speaker system, and a panoramic sunroof, it makes for a fun driving experience.
- Safety: It promises a secure ride with six airbags, an electronic stability programme, and hill hold control.
5. Ford Endeavour
The Ford Endeavour can give you an exhilarating driving experience, thanks to its strong body and great performance.
- Performance: With a 2.0-litre EcoBlue diesel engine, it has a strong output of power and torque, which makes it perfect for off-road excursions.
- Features: It is an adventurer's dream, with a panoramic sunroof, SYNC 3 infotainment system, and Terrain Management System.
- Safety: A secure driving experience is ensured by safety features such as a high-strength steel body structure, a hill launch aid, and seven airbags.
Extra Advice for Potential Buyers
- Research: Evaluate the features, capabilities, and costs of several models.
- Test Drive: To experience the handling and performance of the car, always go for a test drive.
- Service Network: Before making a choice, take into account the brand's service network and reputation for after-sales care.
- Resale Value: Take a look at your diesel car's possible resale value since it may prove to be an important factor 5-7 years down the line. It would also be worthwhile to check the IDV (Insured Declared Value) of the selected model type based on the vehicle age, IDV gives the best possible proxy for Resale value / actual depreciated value of the car.
- Car Insurance Amount: Depending on the model, please keep a keen eye on the add-ons provided and car insurance amount. Generally Zero Depreciation car insurance cover is not provided after 5 years for a diesel car.
Diesel vehicles are still a popular option for many Indian buyers in 2023, particularly for those who place a high value on power and fuel economy. The Mahindra XUV700, Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta, Tata Harrier, and Ford Endeavour diesel versions are examples of how diesel technology is developing and providing drivers an efficient yet thrilling driving experience. For the best mileage, diesel cars such as these are great options.
Remember that picking the ideal car is a big choice, and you should take a lot of things into account, such as performance, safety features, and fuel economy, to make sure you get the one that best meets your wants and tastes.
1: In 2023, why would someone pick a diesel car over an electric or gasoline-powered one?
The answer is that diesel vehicles are better for long-distance and highway travel since they have more torque and use less gasoline. Even in 2023, people with long daily commutes may still favour diesel cars due to their strong performance and low fuel use.
2: Is owning a diesel automobile in India a financially viable option?
In the long run, owning a diesel automobile can be economical, particularly for people who drive a lot of miles every day. Even if the original cost was higher, over time the improved mileage and cheaper fuel costs may have covered the expenditure.
3: Are diesel vehicles more resilient than gasoline-powered vehicles?
Diesel engines are renowned for their dependability and lifespan. If they receive routine maintenance and repair, they have a longer lifespan than their gasoline-powered equivalents since they are designed to endure greater compression ratios.
4: In 2023, what safety characteristics should I look for while purchasing a diesel vehicle?
In order to ensure a safe and secure driving experience in 2023, take into account safety features like multiple airbags, an electronic stability programme (ESP), an anti-lock braking system (ABS) with electronic brakeforce distribution (EBD), hill-start assist, reverse parking sensors and cameras, and a sturdy body structure.
5: How can I make sure my diesel car is getting the best fuel economy?
Answer: To guarantee optimal fuel efficiency for your diesel vehicle, follow maintenance regimens, use engine oil of the required grade, keep tyre pressure at its ideal level, and drive at modest speeds to get greater gas mileage.
6: In 2023, would there be possibilities for luxury diesel cars in India?
Yes, you will be able to purchase a luxury diesel vehicle in India in 2023 from well-known manufacturers like Mercedes-Benz, BMW, and Audi. These vehicles provide an opulent driving experience because of their potent diesel engines, luxury interiors, and cutting-edge technologies.