All You Need To Know About Car Insurance In Digi Locker
Published On Dec 22, 2021 10:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Want to keep your car insurance policy handy? Read along to know about Digi Locker to keep your car insurance policy in handy.
Table of Contents
One of the most crucial obligations when driving a motor vehicle on Indian roads is to have the appropriate documentation with you, since you may be requested to provide them at any time by a traffic cop or official. This might be a difficult task to remember and keep in mind. The solution comes in the shape of Digilocker, which allows you to digitally carry your papers with you. The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has launched an initiative. Digi Locker allows us to access genuine digital documents. According to the Information Technology (Preservation and Retention of Information by Intermediaries Providing Digital Locker Facilities) Rules, 2016, digital papers have the same validity as physical documents. This service is available on both mobile and the web. You can get your registration certificate and driver's license, as well as a variety of other documents such as e-Aadhaar and more, using the DigiLocker service. Furthermore, you can import papers issued by registered educational, financial, and insurance organizations.
Things to Know About Car Insurance in DigiLocker
Digi lockers are smartphone apps that enable drivers to carry their motor-related papers in digital forms, such as their registration certificate (RC) and driver's license. This does not imply that the papers have been scanned. Rather, it is an officially authorized digital format of papers that is lawful to use and accepted by transportation authorities and government personnel. The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has created a platform called Digi Locker. It has the capability of digitizing a motorist's information from VAHAN, including their driver's license and RC information.
Benefits Of Digi Locker
- Traffic offenses will face harsher fines as a result of the 2019 revisions to the Motor Vehicles Act in the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill.
- This would include fines for not having appropriate documents on hand when a traffic cop asks for them. It is acceptable to present these papers online as a move toward citizen facilitation.
- This comprises your driver's license, PUC (Pollution Under Control) certificate, and registration certificate, among other important papers (RC).
- This is a crucial step since the sanctions for being caught by an official without appropriate paperwork have increased as a result of the 2019 change.
- Driving without a valid driver's license now carries a penalty of Rs 5000, which is a huge increase.
- As a result, these applications are really handy since they allow you to have your papers on you at all times, removing a burden off your shoulders in terms of convenience.
The Best Way to Store Documents in Digilocker?
The method of storing your papers in DigiLocker is straightforward, and you may sign up for the programme using your Aadhaar number. Then, using the registered database, obtain your papers, which may include your registration certificate and driver's license. Almost all motor insurance firms are linked to Digi Locker, which allows policyholders to save their digital auto insurance policy documents as well as their two-wheeler insurance policy paperwork. However, because this digital instrument or programme is not meant to save your PIC, you will need to preserve a physical copy.
You may now keep your official papers, such as your driver's license and RC, digitally using these applications. Due to the increased fines for missing papers and the added convenience of having the paperwork with you at all times, this is incredibly handy. In today's world, when practically everything is accessible at the touch of a button, it only makes sense to digitize all of your critical papers in a way that allows us to recover them quickly.
Also read - Do you need Insurance to Test Drive a Car?
Everything You Need To Know About Your Car’s PUC Certificate
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.