All About Outstation Emergency Cover in Car Insurance
Published On Nov 24, 2021 10:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Unforeseen accidents on the road are not only a dampener to your mood, but can also cause severe trouble. Read on to find out how an outstation emergency cover with your car insurance can help you avoid that.
Table of Contents
A car trip is always a fun and exciting idea. It can help you relax and catch a break from the humdrum of everyday life. However, you must always be prepared for all contingencies involving your car from small incidents like a tire puncture to more serious incidents like bigger accidents. An outstation emergency cover comes in great help at that time, especially if you are going to a relatively remote area.
What Is an Outstation Emergency Cover?
An outstation emergency cover on your car insurance policy, as the name suggests, will provide emergency aid in case you and your car are involved in an accident or inconvenience while travelling out of the station. The insurance company bears the charges that are incurred due to the accident once your car is repaired. The cover is provided under the terms and conditions of the original car insurance policy. This is really helpful as emergency situations can incur heavy charges which are more convenient to be paid by the insurance company.
Features of an Outstation Emergency Cover
The following are some of the most essential features of the outstation emergency cover.
1. This add-on cover is available with comprehensive car insurance policies. However, it is not available with third-party car insurance.
2. Since it is an add-on cover, it has a separate premium that will be levied once it is purchased to be added to the basic car insurance policy.
3. By outstation, this add-on means that the emergency situation has to take place outside a 100km radius of the address that has been registered against the car.
4. There are a limited number of claims that can be made against this add-on in a single financial year for the car insurance policy.
5. When a claim is made against this cover, it does not affect the No Claim Bonus (NCB) of the car insured, which is a huge benefit that helps you take your car out without any worries.
6. The validity of this add-on is usually 1 year or 3 years according to what is purchased by the policyholder.
Benefits of Outstation Emergency Cover
The following are the benefits of having an outstation emergency cover.
First and foremost, this cover of course gives the policyholder incredible peace of mind and lets them go on journeys without any stress. With this cover, emergency car repairs are no longer a cause for not going on trips because you can readily avail of them.
Easy Availability of Repairs
Being away from home and in a strange place can make it difficult to readily look for repair shops to fix your car in an emergency. With an outstation emergency cover, you can easily get your car repaired at a network garage of your insurance company. Most insurance providers have a sufficient web of network garages.
An outstation emergency cover is one of the most beneficial covers that you can purchase. In the unfortunate case of having an accident when you are travelling, immediately contact your insurer and follow the correct procedures to avail of the benefits available. Usually, the car affected is taken to the nearest network garage for an inspection. If all looks well, your vehicle will be readily repaired and you will receive the compensation once the bill is sent to the insurer.
How To Lower Premium of Your Car Insurance?
Top Factors That Determine The Premium of Your Car Insurance Plan
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.