Two Wheeler Insurance Cashless Claims Made Easy
Updated On Oct 24, 2020
Here are a few steps that you need to follow to avail of cashless services under your two-wheeler insurance policy. Steps to make a third party bike insurance claim easily.
Two-wheeler insurance cashless claim allows you to get your two-wheeler repaired in a cashless manner in case of a mishap. The only condition to avail this benefit is to visit a network garage and take services. All you need to do is pay the specified deductible amount and take home the repaired bike. Deductible is a pre-decided amount from the total claim amount that the insured pays in order to avail policy benefits.
A network garage is the one with which an bike insurance company has a tie-up and where the expenses related to the services availed by you are directly paid by the insurance company. So, even in case of a mishap, keep calm as your two-wheeler insurance policy is protecting you financially.
Here are a few steps that you need to follow to avail cashless services under your two-wheeler insurance policy:
Steps To Make A Third Party Bike Insurance Claim
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to make a claim under your third party bike insurance policy:
- If you meet an accident and hit a third party or a third party vehicle, then the first step is to immediately inform the police and the insurance company.
- After the registration of claim, the insurance company will forward the case to Motor Insurance Claim Tribunal Court for the verdict.
- After verifying the case, the tribunal court will decide the claim amount to be paid. The amount will be paid by the insurance company as per its share of liability.
Steps For Own-Damage Claim
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to make a claim under your a comprehensive or a standalone own-damage bike insurance policy:
- If your two-wheeler is damaged because of an accident or other in any other misfortunate event, then immediately inform the insurance provider. You are required to file an FIR in case of an accident. Do not forget to inform the insurance company within the stipulated time so that it can initiate the claim process timely.
- After receiving the intimation from you, the insurance company will appoint a surveyor. The surveyor will assess the extent of damage and send an assessment report to the insurance company for approval. Post approval, the network garage will repair your bike.
- The insurance company will settle the repair expenses directly at the garage in case you have availed the services at a network garage or will reimburse you the amount in case service has been availed at a non-partner garage.
Steps For Theft Claim
In the event of theft of your two-wheeler, follow the below steps:
- In case your two-wheeler gets stolen, immediately file an FIR and inform your insurance provider about the same.
- Submit required documents including driving licence, registration certificate, insurance policy document, along with the original bike keys.
- After the submission of the documents, the police will begin an investigation to trace the bike. The police will try to trace your bike for 90 days after which the police will issue a non-traceable report for your vehicle. After this a Non Objection Certificate (NOC) and the insurer will begin its investigation to find the bike. In case the insurer is not able to find the bike, the claim settlement process gets initiated.
- The insurance company will settle the claim by paying you up to the two wheeler IDV.
Having a two-wheeler insurance policy is only beneficial when you know the right process to make a claim. So, go through the same thoroughly to avoid any discrepancy in future.
You May Also Like To Read:
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.