Best 100cc bikes in India 2023
Updated On Oct 16, 2023
Best 100cc bikes in India: Price, mileage, and features
In India, motorcycles are more than just a means of transport. They embody a sense of freedom, economy, and convenience for millions across the country. For those who are on a budget but still seeking efficiency and reliability, 100cc bikes are the perfect companions on the Indian roads. In this blog, we explore the top 12 best 100 to 125 cc bikes in India that you can buy.
Table of Contents
- List of top 12 best 100cc bikes in India
- 1. Hero HF Deluxe (Rs. 60,000 onwards)
- 2. Hero HF 100 (Rs. 55,000 onwards)
- 3. Hero Splendor Plus (Rs. 70,000 onwards)
- 4. Hero Splendor Plus Xtec (Rs. 75,000 onwards)
- 5. Bajaj Platina 100 (Rs. 63,000 onwards)
- 6. TVS Sport (Rs. 64,000 onwards)
- 7. Honda CD110 Dream (Rs. 70,000 onwards)
- 8. Honda Livo (Rs. 75,000 onwards)
- 9. TVS Star City Plus (Rs. 72,000 onwards)
- 10. TVS Radeon (Rs. 60,000 onwards)
- 11. Hero Passion Xtec (Rs. 71,000 onwards)
- 12. Hero Passion Pro (Rs. 74,000 onwards)
- What About the Bajaj Discover 100 cc bike price in India?
- Which are the new 100cc Bikes in India?
- What are the Benefits of a 100cc Bike?
- How to Choose the Right 100cc Bike for Your Needs?
- Important Tips to Consider
- Final Thoughts
List of top 12 best 100cc bikes in India
Looking for the top 100 cc mileage bikes in India? Here are a few options to consider!
1. Hero HF Deluxe (Rs. 60,000 onwards)
- Mileage: With an impressive mileage of around 83 kmpl, Hero HF Deluxe is designed for those who travel long distances daily.
- Engine: Powered by a 97.2 cc engine, it is reliable and provides enough thrust for city commuting.
- Features: The bike offers features like an electric start, i3S technology (which helps save fuel), and an advanced braking system for safety.
- Design: It sports a robust and straightforward design, aimed at utility and ease of use for the daily commuter.
2. Hero HF 100 (Rs. 55,000 onwards)
- Mileage: The Hero HF 100 is another mileage champion with around 83 kmpl, making it a highly economical choice for daily commuting.
- Engine: It boasts a 97.2 cc engine that is known for its reliability and consistent performance on Indian roads.
- Features: Though it’s a budget bike, the HF 100 doesn’t compromise on essentials. It offers a comfortable ride, a sturdy build, and an attractive design for its price point.
- Design: With a simplistic yet stylish design, this bike appeals to riders who prefer functionality with a dash of style.
3. Hero Splendor Plus (Rs. 70,000 onwards)
- Mileage: Delivering a fantastic mileage of approximately 81 kmpl, the Hero Splendor Plus is a favourite among individuals looking for fuel efficiency.
- Engine: With a 97.2 cc engine, the Splendor Plus is a powerhouse in the 100cc segment, providing a smooth and pleasant riding experience.
- Features: It is equipped with features like i3S technology, an always-on headlamp for safety, and an easy kick-start or self-start mechanism.
- Design: The Splendor Plus sports a timeless design that is universally loved and recognized, making it one of the best-selling bikes in the country.
4. Hero Splendor Plus Xtec (Rs. 75,000 onwards)
- Mileage: Offering an impressive mileage of around 80 kmpl, the Hero Splendor Plus Xtec is a wise choice for cost-conscious consumers.
- Engine: The bike is powered by a 97.2 cc engine, which is both fuel-efficient and capable, providing a seamless riding experience.
- Features: The Splendor Plus Xtec comes with a digital-analogue meter console, a side stand indicator, and the i3s technology, which helps in saving fuel.
- Design: With a sleek and modern appearance, this model stands out for its aesthetically pleasing design without sacrificing the practicality and comfort it offers to riders.
5. Bajaj Platina 100 (Rs. 63,000 onwards)
- Mileage: With a commendable mileage of 80 kmpl, the Bajaj Platina 100 is one of the most economical bikes available in the Indian market.
- Engine: It's powered by a 102 cc engine that ensures a smooth and reliable riding experience every time.
- Features: The Platina 100 boasts features like 'ComforTec’ technology for a smoother ride, anti-skid braking, and LED DRLs, making it a safe and comfortable choice.
- Design: Its elegant and streamlined design, along with attractive graphics, make it a visually appealing option for riders of all ages.
6. TVS Sport (Rs. 64,000 onwards)
- Mileage: TVS Sport is renowned for its remarkable mileage of approximately 95 kmpl, making it an ideal choice for daily commuters.
- Engine: The bike operates on a 109.7 cc engine, delivering dependable performance for routine use.
- Features: It comes equipped with a sporty graphics design, a long seat for enhanced rider comfort, and an economic powertrain that assures a delightful ride without burning a hole in your pocket.
- Design: With its contemporary appearance and a range of vibrant colours to select from, TVS Sport is not only a performer but also a show-stealer on the roads.
7. Honda CD110 Dream (Rs. 70,000 onwards)
- Mileage: Offering a respectable mileage of around 74 kmpl, the Honda CD110 Dream is a fuel-efficient motorcycle meant for everyday use.
- Engine: The 109.51 cc engine embedded in the CD110 Dream provides a smooth and steady riding experience, suitable for urban commuting.
- Features: The bike includes features like a silent start, a longer and more comfortable seat, and an integrated headlamp beam & passing switch, making your rides smooth and hassle-free.
- Design: With its simplistic yet appealing design, the Honda CD110 Dream is designed for riders who prefer efficiency and reliability over flashy aesthetics.
8. Honda Livo (Rs. 75,000 onwards)
- Mileage: With a competitive mileage of approximately 74 kmpl, the Honda Livo is a prudent choice for those looking to maximise fuel efficiency.
- Engine: This motorcycle is powered by a 109.51 cc engine that guarantees a smooth and efficient riding experience, making it perfect for daily commuting.
- Features: Some standout features include its attractive graphics, longer and more comfortable seat, advanced front look, and stylish design, offering a blend of comfort and style.
- Design: The Honda Livo boasts a sharp and dynamic design, appealing to riders who appreciate a sleek and modern appearance in their motorcycles.
9. TVS Star City Plus (Rs. 72,000 onwards)
- Mileage: The TVS Star City Plus offers an impressive mileage of about 86 kmpl, making it one of the most fuel-efficient choices in the 100cc segment.
- Engine: It operates with a 109.7 cc engine, delivering a power-packed performance while ensuring a smooth riding experience.
- Features: The motorcycle comes with features like an LED headlamp, a USB mobile charger, and a semi-digital speedometer, providing utility as well as performance.
- Design: With its elegant styling and a variety of colours available, the TVS Star City Plus is as visually appealing as it is efficient and reliable.
10. TVS Radeon (Rs. 60,000 onwards)
- Mileage: TVS Radeon shines in fuel efficiency, offering a commendable mileage of approximately 73 kmpl, making it an economical choice for daily commuting.
- Engine: Powered by a robust 109.7 cc engine, the Radeon ensures a balance between performance and efficiency.
- Features: It boasts features like a unique Royal Style Design, Synchronized Braking Technology, and a durable build, aimed at providing a comfortable and safe riding experience.
- Design: With its premium chrome ascents and elegant design, TVS Radeon appeals to riders looking for a bike that’s as stylish as it is functional.
11. Hero Passion Xtec (Rs. 71,000 onwards)
- Mileage: Delivering an impressive mileage of around 75 kmpl, the Hero Passion Xtec is a fuel-efficient masterpiece in the 100cc bike segment.
- Engine: It runs on a 110 cc engine, providing sufficient power for both city rides and longer commutes, offering a versatile riding experience.
- Features: The bike comes equipped with a digital-analogue meter console, LED DRLs, and triple-tone graphics that make it stand out on the road.
- Design: With its sporty look and dynamic styling, the Hero Passion Xtec is a favourite among riders who want a bike that looks as good as it performs.
12. Hero Passion Pro (Rs. 74,000 onwards)
- Mileage: Hero Passion Pro is celebrated for its splendid mileage of around 68 kmpl. This feature is particularly enticing for those who use bikes heavily in their daily routines.
- Engine: This model is equipped with a 113 cc engine, which is sufficiently powerful for city rides and ensures a smooth riding experience without any hassle.
- Features: The Passion Pro offers Auto Sail technology, comfortable seating, a digital-analogue meter console, and i3s technology (idle start-stop system) that enhances its overall utility and efficiency.
- Design: With its vibrant colours and stylish graphics, the Hero Passion Pro doesn’t compromise on looks, making it a great choice for individuals who like their ride to be both efficient and aesthetically pleasing.
What About the Bajaj Discover 100 cc bike price in India?
The Bajaj Discover 100cc series is a popular choice among riders looking for a reliable, economical, and efficient daily commuter. With its thoughtful design, advanced features, and affordable price point, it caters to the needs of a wide range of consumers.
Features of Bajaj Discover 100cc Series:
- Engine: The Discover 100 series is powered by a 4-stroke, single-cylinder, air-cooled DTS-i engine. The DTS-i technology facilitates efficient combustion, providing a balance of power and fuel efficiency.
- Performance: With approximately 7.5 to 10 bhp power and 7.85 Nm torque (may vary by model), the Discover 100cc offers a smooth riding experience. The bike has a 4 or 5-speed gearbox depending on the variant, allowing for comfortable city commuting and highway riding.
- Fuel Efficiency: One of the standout features of the Discover 100cc series is its impressive mileage. It offers fuel efficiency of around 84 kmpl to 91 kmpl, making it an economical choice for daily commuters.
- Suspension System: The Discover 100 series boasts telescopic front forks and nitrox twin rear shock absorbers, ensuring a comfortable ride even on bumpy roads.
- Braking: Equipped with drum brakes on both front and rear wheels, the bike provides efficient stopping power. Some variants may have an optional front disc brake.
- Design: The bike flaunts a sleek and stylish design with attractive graphics. Its design elements are not just for aesthetics but also improve aerodynamics, providing a stable ride.
- Instrument Console: The Discover 100cc series features an analogue speedometer and fuel gauge, along with a low battery indicator and other essential warning lights.
- Storage and Convenience: With an under-seat storage space and sturdy grab rail, the bike is designed for convenience for both the rider and the pillion.
- Lighting: The bike comes equipped with powerful halogen headlamps that provide excellent visibility during night rides, along with LED tail lamps and crystal turn indicators.
Ex-Showroom Price (approx.)
Bajaj Discover 100
Rs. 52,000 - Rs. 58,000
Bajaj Discover 100M
Rs. 49,000 - Rs. 54,000
Bajaj Discover 100T
Rs. 51,000 - Rs. 56,000
- Prices are approximate and are subject to change.
- The ex-showroom prices listed above are for the base model and may vary based on the city or state of purchase.
- For the most accurate and current prices, it’s recommended to check the official website or contact the nearest authorised dealer.
Which are the new 100cc Bikes in India?
Hero HF 100:
- Price: ₹55,000 (approx)
- Powered by a 97.2 cc fuel-injected engine
- Generates 8 bhp and 8.05 Nm of torque
- Offers a 4-speed gearbox
- Known for its excellent mileage and efficiency
2. Hero Splendor Plus Xtec:
- Price: ₹75,000 (approx)
- Comes with a 97.2 cc engine
- Smart sensor technology with programmed fuel injection
- Equipped with an auto sail technology, allowing for a smoother ride in traffic
- Integrated USB charger and all-new instrument cluster with a digital-analogue combo console
3. TVS Radeon Refresh:
- Price: ₹65,000 (approx)
- 109.7 cc Dura-Life engine
- Ecothrust Fuel injection (ET-Fi) technology
- Improved mileage and long-lasting engine life
- LED DRLs and a USB mobile charger provision
What are the Benefits of a 100cc Bike?
- Fuel Efficiency: 100cc bikes are renowned for their incredible fuel efficiency, which is crucial for daily commuters. It is a critical factor to consider when looking for a new 100 cc bike in India.
- Affordability: These bikes are usually more affordable not just in terms of initial purchase price, but also in terms of maintenance and repairs.
- Lower Insurance Premium: With smaller engines, the insurance premium for 100cc bikes tends to be lower, making them cost-effective in the long run.
- Ease of Handling: Lightweight and easy to manoeuvre, 100cc bikes are perfect for new riders and those who prefer a bike that’s easy to handle in heavy traffic.
- Lower Emissions: Given their smaller engine size, 100cc bikes generally produce fewer emissions, making them a more environmentally friendly choice.
How to Choose the Right 100cc Bike for Your Needs?
When considering a 100cc bike for your daily commute or casual riding, it's essential to evaluate the following factors:
- Budget: Know how much you are willing to spend not only on the purchase but also on the maintenance, insurance, and other ongoing costs.
- Fuel Efficiency: Look for bikes with high mileage to save on fuel costs, especially if you plan on using the bike extensively.
- Brand Reputation: Opt for brands known for their reliability, quality, and after-sales service.
- Purpose: Define what you primarily need the bike for: daily commuting, short trips, or just casual riding.
- Features: Look for necessary features like start-stop systems, digital consoles, comfortable seats, and storage space.
- User Reviews & Ratings: Read reviews and ratings by existing users to understand the bike's performance and any common issues faced.
Important Tips to Consider
- Test Drive: Always take the bike for a test drive to get a feel of its handling, comfort, and performance.
- Insurance: Opt for comprehensive insurance that covers theft, damages, and third-party liability.
- Maintenance Cost: Understand the maintenance cost and service intervals.
- Warranty & After-Sales Service: Check the warranty provided and ensure there are service centres nearby for easy access to repairs and maintenance.
- Resale Value: Consider bikes with good resale value if you plan to upgrade or change your bike in the future.
Choosing a 100cc bike is an excellent decision for daily commuters looking for a cost-effective and efficient mode of transportation. These bikes are not only affordable but also offer fantastic mileage, making them perfect for navigating through city traffic. By considering the factors listed above and understanding your unique requirements, you can select a bike that will serve you reliably for years to come.
- What makes a 100cc bike the better option?
100cc bikes are well-known for their affordability, exceptional fuel efficiency, and minimal maintenance requirements, which make them perfect for daily commuting.
- Which 100cc bike offers the best mileage in India?
The TVS Sport claims to offer a mileage of 95 km/l under standard test conditions, which is one of the highest in the 100cc category.
- Are 100cc bikes suitable for long drives?
While 100cc bikes are efficient and economical, they are best suited for city commuting and short distances due to their limited power and performance.
- What is the maintenance cost of 100cc bikes?
100cc bikes generally have lower maintenance costs due to their simpler and more durable design, as well as their efficiency.
- Should I purchase a used 100cc bike?
Purchasing a used 100cc bike may be a wise choice if it has been well-maintained and is in good shape by its previous owner.
- What characteristics does a 100cc bike have?
When selecting a 100cc bike, look for characteristics like dependable suspension, comfortable sitting, an effective braking system, and controls that are easy to operate.
- Can I use a 100cc bike for daily commuting to work?
Yes, 100cc bikes are ideal for daily commuting due to their excellent fuel efficiency and ease of manoeuvrability.
- How often do I need to service my 100cc bike?
Regular servicing is crucial for maintaining the performance and longevity of your bike. Typically, a 100cc bike should be serviced every 2000-3000 kilometres or as per the manufacturer's recommendations.
- Are spare parts easily available for 100cc bikes?
Yes, since 100cc bikes are popular in India, their spare parts are readily available at authorised service centres and spare part shops.
- Do bikes with 100cc engines have warranties?
A manufacturer's warranty, which typically covers the bike for a predetermined amount of time or miles, is typically included with most new 100cc bikes. For precise warranty information, get in touch with the bike's manufacturer.