Post Pandemic: Make These Key Changes for Your Child's Immunity
Published On Nov 11, 2020
How does someone determine that the pandemic is over? The coronavirus was declared a pandemic because this was an entirely new virus and no one had any sort of immunity towards it which made easy work for the disease to run rampant throughout the world. There would come a time when most of the world would have developed immunity for the disease, and the virus would not be able to affect the whole world this much easier. That would be declared as the end of the pandemic. This immunity may be naturally acquired immunity or be obtained from immunisation.
What Should Be Your Post Pandemic Plan For Your Child’s Immunity?
This is the most prominent question: what is the plan after the pandemic? Most people would come up with a very common answer which is travel. It is to note that although most of the world now has immunity while traveling most of the people would have their children with them and in case, they are small, it is less likely that they would have the same immunity levels. To travel, you must first increase the immunity of your child. Follow the given steps to improve your child's immunity post-pandemic:
- Take Care of Immunisation: There is a very high probability that the post-pandemic immunisation charts and dosage would change for the kids. It is in the child's best interest that you as a parent peed heed to it and understand the entire scenario. Keep the immunisation of your child up to date.
- Include Nuts, Leafy Greens, and Veggies in Diet: Nuts one of the most important constituents in building immunity. They are the treasure trove of omega-3 oil and micronutrients. Seasonal fruits and veggies, especially the leafy green ones, are very important in improving the child's immunity.
- Increase Physical Activity: Cardio and strength training have been found to be beneficial for improving and building immunity. Include your children in these activities and encourage your children to participate in the sporting events as well.
- Inculcate Hands Hygiene: Teach them to wash their hands for at least 20 minutes and inculcate this habit into them. Clean hands will lead to fewer occurrences of prevalent diseases and would prevent the immune system of the child from getting overexerted.
- Improve the Sleep Pattern: It is important to get sleep for good immunity, and it is more important to have a good sleep pattern. Take care that your child's sleep pattern is according to time requirement. Is not just important to get the hours, it is also important that you get those hours of sleep timely.
- Increase Protein Content: Increase the amount of protein in their diet because they are needed for the manufacture of the cells which constitute the immune system.
The children may still be vulnerable towards contracting the infection as they may or may not develop immunity towards this. It is highly advised to the parents to take special care of improving the immunity of their kids by following the reasons. It is also advised to get your child insured against the major diseases, especially against covid-19 because along with physical immunity, financial immunity is also a must. Health Insurance is an absolute necessity.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.