Know About Day Care Treatment Cover
Updated On Nov 17, 2020
Health insurance ensures an individual against all the medical treatment charges that may be incurred when the policyholder goes for any treatment listed in the policy. The reimbursement of the policy is either done by providing a lump-sum in case of diagnosis of a disease or the treatment charges are borne by the insurance company to the pre-mentioned limit.
Various medical and surgical procedures that required hospital stays for more than a few days can be done quickly due to the advancements made in medical technology. Such procedures are known as Day Care Treatments or Day Care Procedures. These procedures require that the patient spend less than twenty-four hours in the hospital.
Daycare procedures are covered if they are included in the insurance policy. So, before purchasing an insurance policy, the customer should look for a broad range of surgeries and procedures covered rather than looking for specific procedures and surgeries as that would be more efficient and more helpful in the future. The factors to be considered and the daycare treatments provided by an insurance policy are policy type, coverage amount, Number of members to be included, policy term, co-payment, etc.
Commonly Accepted List of Daycare Procedures
Several procedures are regarded as Day Care Procedures. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Coronary Angiography
- Cataract Surgery
- Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy
- Bone fracture and joint-related surgeries
- Certain injury-related dental surgeries
- Liver aspiration
Benefits of Daycare Procedures
Multiple benefits are offered by daycare procedures, which are covered under health insurance plans. They are given below:
1. Peace of Mind: Hospitalization requires a large amount of money, which may cause stress to the patient, leading to harmful effects on their health. Suppose the insurance policy they own contains coverage for all the expenses of treatments and other costs incurred like daycare treatments. In that case, the patient can feel a sense of relief and focus only on getting better.
2. Cashless Treatment: By predetermining the need for surgery or treatment of a family member, the policyholder can avail of the benefits of cashless transactions for the daycare procedures by discussing it with the insurance policy provider.
3. Tax Saving Benefit: Suppose one purchase a health insurance plan which has the daycare coverage option. In that case, it serves as an advantage as one can save expenses on tax, i.e., they can avail tax benefits for premiums paid for the plans as a direct result of the section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961.
4. Quality Treatment: Network hospitals provide the best daycare treatments for both individuals and family members alike. One can avail of the best remedies if they have a health insurance plan which covers Day care treatments.
Health insurance policies are an essential part of ensuring one’s quality of life and health. The Day Care Treatments are an added benefit of an insurance policy. So, when purchasing a health insurance policy, the customer must ensure that Day Care Treatment can be available under the policy and are covered.
You May Also Like to Read: Common Daycare Coverage Under Health Insurance
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.