What is Anti-Theft Device and Its Impact on Car Insurance Premium?
Published On Nov 19, 2021 11:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Installing an anti-theft system certified by the Automobile Research Association of India is one of the greatest strategies to prevent automobile theft (ARAI). This gadget will improve the vehicle's security while also lowering the insurance rate.
Table of Contents
Installing anti-theft equipment improves the vehicle's security while simultaneously lowering insurance prices. Car thefts have decreased significantly in India as a result of the installation of anti-theft equipment. Because there are fewer theft claims as a result of the installation of such devices, insurance firms offer significant savings on rates. If the vehicle is equipped with an anti-theft device, the auto insurer can usually earn a reduction of up to Rs. 500 on the insurance cost. Third-party insurance coverage does not qualify for this discount.
Anti-theft Devices and Their Effect on Automobile Insurance
Anti-theft devices are equipment that aid in the security of a vehicle. It's a must-have for anyone who lives in a high-crime region. In their high-end vehicles, Toyota, Ford Motors, and Mahindra all have an anti-theft system as standard equipment. Anti-theft devices employ a variety of technologies to achieve their goal; these devices might be simple locks or alarms, and there is a strong link between anti-theft devices and automobile insurance. The anti-theft systems improve the car's security, make it easier to track, and function as a disincentive to theft. Car owners who install this device in their vehicles are rewarded with lower insurance prices by insurance providers.
Installing authentic anti-theft gadgets that are approved by the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) is necessary for India to receive premium discounts. Following the installation of the anti-theft device, automobile owners should notify the firm of the security measure through email or phone. If the car is still taken after the anti-theft device has been installed, the insurance provider will reimburse the claim without delay.
Different Types of Anti-Theft Devices For Your Car
The ARAI has certified a number of various types of anti-theft systems for four-wheelers in India. The following are the devices:
- System of GPS Tracking: These gadgets assist in determining the vehicle's current position.
- Car Security: If somebody tries to tamper with the automobile, this gadget will sound an alarm, notifying anyone around.
- Electronic Immobilizer: Some automobile keys have technology that transmits signals to the vehicle's engine to start it. The automobile will not start without these signs. As a result, these are high-tech equipment that assists in keeping the automobile secure.
- Switch to Kill: This gadget features a switch that turns off a portion of the automobile engine, immobilizing it until the switch is turned on. To prevent criminals from accessing these switches, they might be housed in a discreet position within the vehicle.
- Mechanical Immobilizers: These aren't high-tech and aren't very pricey. Mechanical mechanisms are used in these gadgets to stop the automobile from moving. Gear lock, tire lock, steering lock, and other mechanical immobilizers are examples.
These aren't high-tech or very expensive. These devices employ mechanical mechanisms to prevent the car from moving. Examples include gear locks, tire locks, steering locks, and other mechanical immobilizers. Automobiles are quite valuable. Car theft is a typical occurrence; but, depending on where you live, the numbers may be greater or fewer. Car theft is always a risk, no matter how secure the parking space is. Anti-theft gadgets can be quite useful in this situation.
Anti-theft devices are reasonably priced, ranging from Rs. 3,000 (basic alarm device) to Rs. 17,000 (advanced alarm device) (GPS enabled system). However, they can assist in significantly lowering insurance prices. While it is nearly impossible to prevent a car from being stolen, there are several warning systems that may be used to lessen the likelihood of a vehicle being stolen. This is the primary goal of a vehicle's anti-theft equipment. Ensure that the anti-theft system you intend to put in the car has received approval from the Automobile Research Association of India (ARAI). Getting this anti-theft device will not only increase the vehicle's security features but will also reduce the amount of auto insurance premium you will have to pay.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.