Types of United India Car Insurance Plans
Published On Aug 18, 2023
Types of United India Car Insurance Plans
Car insurance is essential for protecting your vehicle and ensuring financial security in case of accidents or damages. United India Insurance offers various car insurance plans tailored to meet diverse needs. In this blog, we will explore the different types of United India Car Insurance plans, helping you make an informed decision for safeguarding your precious asset. Let's dive in!
Table of Contents
Types of Plans under United India Car Insurance
United India Car Insurance offers two types of plans:
The Package Policy provides comprehensive coverage by combining own damage and liability coverage.
Coverage under Package Policy for Own Damage includes:
- Loss due to accidents caused by external means
- Fire due to self-ignition
- Burglary or theft
- Damage caused by terrorist activity
- Coverage against riots or strikes
- Protection against natural disasters like earthquakes, floods, cyclones, landslides, etc.
- Coverage for loss of accessories due to burglary/theft
- Liability for bodily injury or death of third parties
- Liability for damage to third-party property
- Personal accident cover for the driver/owner
Liability Only Plan:
The Liability Only Plan fulfils the mandatory requirements of the Motor Vehicle Act, covering the policyholder against liabilities arising from third-party losses.
Coverage under the Liability Only Plan includes:
- Legal liability for death or injury of third parties
- Coverage for the loss to third-party property
- Cost of claims as decided by the court
- Incurred expenses related to the claims
- In the event of the insured's death, indemnification of liabilities under the policy
- Personal accident cover for the driver/owner for death or disability resulting from accidents while travelling, dismounting, or mounting the vehicle.
- Full coverage of legal liabilities arising from accidental damage, death, injury, or loss of third-party property.
- Cost of claims as decided by the court.
- Incurred expenses related to the claims.
Both plans provide specific and essential coverages to meet the policyholder's needs, ensuring financial protection against various risks on the road.
Discounts Offered by United India Car Insurance Plan
United India Car Insurance extends various discount benefits to its policyholders:
- Vintage Cars Discount: For vintage cars certified by the Vintage and Classic Car Club of India, a 25% discount is applicable on Own Damage (OD) rates. The coverage for these vehicles includes Agreed Value policies.
- Automobile Association Discount: Members of the Automobile Association of India receive a 5% discount on their insurance premiums.
- Specially Modified Vehicles Discount: Vehicles that are specially modified or designed for handicapped, blind, physically or mentally challenged individuals are eligible for a substantial 50% discount on the OD premium.
- No Claim Bonus (NCB): Policyholders can enjoy a No Claim Bonus by not making any claims during the policy term, leading to a discount on their premiums during subsequent renewals.
Applying for United India Car Insurance Plan
Obtaining United India Car Insurance is a simple and straightforward process. Just follow these steps:
- Access the website https://uiic.co.in/product/motor and log in.
- Select your preferred policy type.
- Fill in the required information on the subsequent page, such as vehicle registration number, vehicle class, manufacturer, model, year of purchase, capacity, and additional covers, if desired.
- Based on the information provided, the estimated premium will be displayed.
- If you are satisfied with the premium amount, proceed to make the payment online.
By following these steps, you can easily apply for United India Car Insurance and secure coverage for your vehicle with convenience and ease.
Exclusions Under the United India Car Insurance
Before filing a claim, it is essential to be aware of the exclusions in the United India car insurance settlement, which include:
- Utilising the vehicle for purposes other than the specified use.
- Driving and causing damage while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any intoxicating substances.
- Damage resulting from self-neglect.
- Exclusion of coverage for electrical or mechanical breakdowns.
- Loss caused by nuclear war.
- Consequential loss refers to losses that are not a direct result of an insured event.
- Using the vehicle outside the specified geographical area, as mentioned in the policy terms.
- Being mindful of these exclusions helps policyholders understand the circumstances in which their claims may not be covered and enables them to make informed decisions while filing claims.
United India Car Insurance offers two comprehensive plans: the Package Policy and the Liability Only Policy. The Package Policy provides all-around coverage for both own damages and liabilities, while the Liability Only Policy fulfils the mandatory requirements of the Motor Vehicle Act. With these distinct options, policyholders can choose the best-suited plan to protect their vehicles and ensure financial security in times of need.
Q1. What car insurance plans are offered by United India?
United India provides two types of car insurance plans: package policy and liability-only policy.
Q2. Is it possible to substitute a vehicle under the existing United India car insurance?
Yes, the replacement of a vehicle is allowed on a pro-rata basis, subject to adjustments in the premium and the remaining policy period.
Q3. Is it necessary to have insurance for an unused car?
Yes, as per the Motor Vehicle Act, it is mandatory to have car insurance with third-party cover for any vehicle, regardless of whether it is in use or not.
Q4. Does car insurance cover engine failure?
Engine failure falls under the coverage of comprehensive car insurance and is not covered under the third-party liability policy.
Q5. How can I cancel my car insurance policy?
Cancellation of the policy can be done before its expiry. You can visit the nearest branch of United India and fill out the surrender form for the cancellation process.