How To Renew Oriental Car Insurance Plans?
Published On Jun 21, 2021 10:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Read this article to get simple steps to renew your car insurance policy from Oriental Insurance company.
Table of Contents
Having a car insurance policy is very beneficial. It helps you to avoid unwanted expenses that could be burdening. With the increase in the number of accidents due to increased traffic, car insurance has become more than just an obligation. Purchasing your car insurance from Oriental Insurance company will give you the optimal coverage you require.
Oriental Insurance Company has a 91.76% Claim Settlement Ratio which indicates its reliability. It also has over 3,100 network garages facilitating a seamless cashless repair facility for its policyholders. With optimal coverage options, Oriental Insurance assures your financial safety while you drive your car. However, your car insurance policy should be valid to avail of these facilities. In this article, you can get simple steps to renew your car insurance policy with Oriental Insurance.
Steps To Renew Your Car Insurance Policy With Oriental Insurance
Oriental Insurance has enabled its customers to renew their car insurance policies online on their official website without hassle. The following are the steps that you can follow to renew your car insurance policy online -
1. Visit the official website of Oriental Insurance company.
2. Under the motor insurance category, click on the ‘Renew’ tab to proceed.
3. The website will take you to a page that will provide you with two options. If you are renewing your car insurance purchased from Oriental Insurance, click on ‘Renewal Of OICL Policy’. On the other hand, if you are renewing car insurance that you purchased from another company, click on ‘Renewal of non-OICL policy’.
4. You will be required to provide the policy number of your existing or expired car insurance policy.
5. You will then be taken to a page where you can pick the type of car insurance policy along with the additional covers.
6. Once you select the policy plans, you will receive the insurance quote.
7. Pay the premium of the car insurance policy using internet banking or your debit/credit card.
8. You will receive a confirmation on the screen of successful payment.
9. The policy documents will be sent to you in your email which you can download.
10. Hence, your car insurance policy is renewed successfully.
Importance of Renewing Your Car Insurance Policy Regularly
Like every other insurance policy, your car insurance also has an expiry date. Your car insurance claim will be rejected if filed after the expiry of the policy term. Thus, it is very important to renew your car Insurance policy regularly to stay covered. The following are the reasons why you need to renew your car insurance premium -
Accidents Are Unpredictable
There are many possibilities of getting into accidents even if you are not using your car. Accidents, be it any sort, are unpredictable. In case of theft or damage caused due to any natural disaster or vandalism, you will not be able to file a claim if your car insurance policy has expired. This can result in a huge financial loss. Thus, renewing your policy regularly will help you to be financially secure in case of such misfortune events.
Discounts On Premium
When your policy has expired, you will have to purchase a new insurance policy that will have a higher premium amount. Renewing your car insurance policy regularly will avail you of many discounts on your premium. The NCB is one of the biggest discounts that you can receive on your car insurance premium. Some insurance companies also offer loyalty discounts on your premium if you renew your insurance with the same company. Thus, you will be saving your money on the premium and also enjoy discounts.
Having a car insurance policy is mandatory for every car owner according to the Indian Motor Vehicle Act. Renewing your car insurance policy regularly will save you from unwanted legal complications and also keep you financially safe from the liabilities that come along with owning a car. Thus, renew your car insurance regularly and drive safely.
What Are The Different Types Of Car Insurance?
Points to Consider When Buying Car Insurance in India
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.