10 Ways To Save Money On Car Insurance
Published On May 06, 2022 10:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Let’s discuss some tricks on how to get the best deal on your car insurance policy.
Because of lousy roads and bad traffic conditions in our country, it is a good thing that getting motor insurance is mandatory by the law. Does spending less hinder the true quality of the promised benefits? If done smartly, you can save some money without affecting the quality of your insurance benefits. Let’s discuss how.
10 Ways to Cut Costs on Car Insurance
Here are 10 tips to help save some money without affecting the benefits of an insurance policy.
- Compare Rates of Insurance - The market is full of competitive insurance companies that are willing to offer you policies at similar price brackets. It is important to gauge the best combination of required features while choosing to buy one.
- Take Benefits from Multi-Vehicle Offers - If you have two or more cars in your family, don’t opt for separate insurance policies. Instead, put all the cars under the same bracket to get a huge ground of benefits under a relatively smaller premium.
- Increase Optional Deductibles on Older Vehicles - The more you agree to pay from your pocket on repairs, the less you have to pay the premium.
- Avoid Extra Modifications - The more you make alterations to your car features, the premium keeps dumping on to cover for the extra features. It is a common mistake that people make and suffer in the future as they had to pay both for the alterations and the extra premium.
- Avoid Unnecessary Add-ons - First, evaluate the urgency of buying an add-on, then decide whether to buy it or not. Putting up unnecessary add-ons to the premium might soon become a burden. Instead, you can save that amount as an emergency fund.
- Drive Safe - Keeping a clean driving record can lead to discounts between 10%-20% on the premium. It is a rare piece of knowledge that most drivers don’t know about. Road violations and fines can accumulate as certain points are assessed to the driver by the insurance company. The higher the points, the higher would become your premium amount.
- Use Public Transport - With the increasing fuel rates, it is a good move to use public transits more than using your personal vehicle. The more you use your car, the more it is prone to accidents and damage.
- Install Anti-Theft Devices - Anti-theft devices can increase the chances of your car's safety manifold. This can also be shown to claim discounts on the premiums.
- Insure a Smaller Car - The size of your vehicle can also determine the amount of premium you have to pay for the insurance.
- Look for Additional Discounts - Policies might offer you discounts if you pay a 6-month premium or a yearly payment in advance or pay through online methods.
Always remember that cheap car insurance is not a good option as there the question of the credibility of the insurance company arises. You can save some money smartly without compromising on the insurance quality overall. Furthermore, the less you drive, the more you get mileage-related discounts from an insurer. Research all the possible places for grabbing discounts and price cuts before buying car insurance.