Long Term Bike Insurance for 3 Years
Updated On Oct 18, 2023
Bike Insurance for 3 Years
Navigating through the busy streets of India on a bike is both exhilarating and challenging. While the bike gives you the liberty to manoeuvre through traffic, ensuring it’s safeguarded against unforeseen risks is paramount. This brings us to the pivotal point of bike insurance. A guardian angel for your motorcycle, bike insurance is not just a legal necessity but a shield that protects your pocket from unexpected expenses.
Table of Contents
- What is Long-Term Bike Insurance?
- Objective of Long-Term Bike Insurance for 3 Years
- Features of Multi-Year Bike Insurance
- Why Do You Need Long Term Bike Insurance?
- What is Covered Under Long Term Bike Insurance?
- What is Not Covered Under Long Term Bike Insurance Policies?
- Types of Multi-Year Two-Wheeler Insurance
- Benefits of Buying Long-Term Two-Wheeler Insurance
- How to Buy a Multi-Year Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy Online?
- What is the 3-Year Bike Insurance Price?
- Points to Keep in Mind Before Buying a 3-Year Bike Insurance
- Final Thoughts
What is Long-Term Bike Insurance?
Long-term bike insurance, as the name suggests, is an extended shield of protection for your beloved two-wheeler. Unlike traditional yearly renewal policies, long-term bike insurance allows you to insure your bike for a period of up to three years or more. It’s like an extended vacation from the yearly hassles of renewing your bike insurance, paired with enhanced protection and benefits.
With a long-term insurance policy, your bike is covered against theft, damages due to accidents, natural disasters like floods or earthquakes, and third-party liabilities for a prolonged period. This forward-thinking approach not only ensures continuous protection of your bike but also saves you from the turmoil of annual renewals and the consequences of policy lapses.
In a nutshell, long-term bike insurance is about broader coverage, less fuss, and more savings. It’s about riding through the streets with an extra layer of assurance, knowing that you and your bike are secured for the long haul. So, buckle up as we delve deeper into the comprehensive world of long-term bike insurance, and equip you with insights to make an informed decision for safeguarding your two-wheeled companion.
Objective of Long-Term Bike Insurance for 3 Years
Long-term bike insurance, specifically designed for a period of three years, comes with the core objective of offering extended, hassle-free protection to your bike. Here’s what the long-term policy primarily aims for:
- Continual Protection: With a three-year policy, rest assured that your bike is continuously protected against unforeseen incidents without the interruption of annual renewals.
- Avoidance of Lapse: There’s no room for policy lapses or unprotected periods due to missed renewals, ensuring that your bike always has the coverage it needs.
- Comprehensive Coverage: It offers comprehensive coverage, ensuring that your bike is protected against theft, accidental damages, third-party liabilities, and natural or man-made calamities.
- Convenience: Say goodbye to the tedious process of yearly renewals. A three-year policy means less paperwork, and less worry about expiry, and renewal, making it a convenient choice for bike owners.
- Fixed Premium: Enjoy the benefit of a fixed premium rate, avoiding yearly hikes, and changes in the premium amounts due to regulatory changes or other factors.
Features of Multi-Year Bike Insurance
Multi-year, or long-term bike insurance, comes packed with features that offer an enhanced protective shield and convenience to the bike owners. Here’s a look at some of the prominent features:
- Extended Tenure: The policy covers your bike for a period of three years, freeing you from the yearly renewal rituals.
- No-Claim Bonus: Multi-year policies often come with attractive No-Claim Bonus (NCB) benefits, rewarding you for claim-free years, which could be quite substantial over the longer term.
- Third-Party Liability Coverage: The policy includes third-party liability coverage, protecting you against legal liabilities due to injuries or damages caused to third parties.
- Own Damage Cover: It offers coverage against damages to your own vehicle due to accidents, theft, or natural and man-made disasters.
- Personal Accident Cover: The policy includes personal accident cover, ensuring that the owner-driver is financially protected against accidents resulting in disabilities or death.
- Flexibility: Despite being a long-term policy, it offers a certain degree of flexibility, allowing for inclusion of add-ons or modifications during the policy tenure.
Riding a bike should be about freedom, the joy of exploring roads, and feeling the wind against your face, without the worry of unforeseen risks and damages. And that's what a long-term two wheeler insurance aims to deliver - peace of mind to enjoy your ride to the fullest!
Why Do You Need Long Term Bike Insurance?
- Legal Compliance: Having at least a third-party bike insurance is a legal requirement in India. Long term insurance ensures that your bike is legally covered for an extended period without any breaks in policy due to non-renewal.
- Continuous Protection: Long term bike insurance ensures that your bike is perpetually protected against a multitude of risks such as theft, accidents, or natural calamities.
- Cost-Effective: Opting for a long-term policy could be more cost-effective. It locks the premium, protecting you from yearly premium hikes due to inflation or regulatory changes.
- Convenience: It’s convenient as it eradicates the need for yearly renewals. It saves time and effort, freeing you from the annual task of policy renewal.
- No-Claim Bonus (NCB) Benefits: Long term policies often offer better NCB benefits. The NCB is not lost due to a single claim over the three years and accumulates, providing substantial discounts.
- Avoidance of Policy Lapse: Having a long-term policy ensures that there are no risks associated with policy lapses, which can often happen with annual policies due to missed renewals.
What is Covered Under Long Term Bike Insurance?
Long term bike insurance comes with a wholesome coverage that is aimed to offer extensive protection to your vehicle. Here’s a list of coverages that it typically includes:
- Third-Party Liability: Covers legal liabilities arising due to injury or damage caused to a third party by your bike.
- Own-Damage Cover: Protects your bike against damages caused due to accidents, theft, vandalism, natural disasters like floods, earthquakes, etc., and man-made disasters like riots.
- Personal Accident Cover: Provides a personal accident cover to the owner-driver, offering compensation in case of permanent disability or death due to an accident involving the insured bike.
- No-Claim Bonus: In case you do not make any claims during the policy period, a no-claim bonus or discount is offered on the premium when you renew the policy.
- Inclusions through Add-Ons: There’s also an option to enhance the coverage by opting for various add-ons like zero depreciation cover, engine protection cover, roadside assistance, etc., for a more comprehensive protection.
A long-term bike insurance policy is curated keeping in mind the broader needs of a biker, ensuring that your journey remains uninterrupted and your peace of mind remains intact.
What is Not Covered Under Long Term Bike Insurance Policies?
While long-term bike insurance policies offer extensive coverage, there are certain exceptions and exclusions where the policy won’t apply. Here are some things typically not covered:
- Wear and Tear: General wear and tear or ageing of the bike is not covered. Components that undergo regular wear, like tyres and tubes, are excluded unless damaged during an accident.
- Mechanical or Electrical Breakdown: Failures or breakages relating to mechanical or electrical parts of the bike are not covered under the standard policy.
- Drunk Driving: Any damage or liability caused while driving under the influence of alcohol or any intoxicating substance is not covered.
- Driving without a Valid Licence: The insurance won’t cover accidents or damages that occurred while the bike was being driven by someone without a valid driving licence.
- Usage Beyond Limitations: If the bike is used beyond its defined limitations, such as using a private bike for commercial purposes, the policy won’t cover damages.
- War or Nuclear Risk: Damages due to war, mutiny, nuclear risks or similar perils are typically excluded.
Types of Multi-Year Two-Wheeler Insurance
When looking at multi-year or long-term bike insurance, you’ll find there are generally two prominent types you can opt for:
1. Third-Party Liability Insurance:
- This is the minimum legal requirement and covers damages to a third party caused by the insured two-wheeler.
- It includes compensation for third-party injuries and property damage.
2. Comprehensive Insurance:
- It covers third-party liabilities as well as damages to the insured two-wheeler due to theft, accident, natural calamities, or fire.
- It can also include a personal accident cover for the owner-driver.
- Add-ons like zero depreciation, roadside assistance, and others can also be included to enhance the coverage of your 3 year comprehensive bike insurance.
Choosing the right type of multi-year insurance involves assessing your needs, risks, and the level of protection you seek for your two-wheeler, and selecting a policy that offers peace of mind and hassle-free riding experience. Remember, understanding the inclusions and exclusions is key to making the most of your long-term bike insurance.
Benefits of Buying Long-Term Two-Wheeler Insurance
Having long-term or multi-year two-wheeler insurance comes with an array of benefits that can make your riding experience more secure and stress-free. Here’s a look at some significant advantages:
- Hassle-Free Renewal: Since the policy is valid for three years, it frees you from the annual renewal hassle, ensuring your bike is covered for a longer period without interruptions.
- Premium Rate Lock: The premium is locked for three years, protecting you from yearly third-party premium hikes, and helping in substantial savings.
- NCB Benefits: No Claim Bonus (NCB) benefits are relatively better in long-term policies. Even if you make a claim during the policy period, the NCB does not drop to zero; instead, it gets reduced, ensuring you still benefit.
- Lesser Risk of Policy Lapse: There's a lesser risk of policy lapse, ensuring continuous protection, and maintaining the benefits such as NCB.
- Convenience: Multi-year policies offer convenience with less paperwork and administration, providing a simplified process for policy management.
How to Buy a Multi-Year Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy Online?
Buying two wheeler insurance for 3 years online is a simplified and efficient process. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you:
- Research: Start with researching different insurance providers, comparing the coverage, benefits, and premium rates of their multi-year policies.
- Visit the Insurance Provider’s Website: Go to the official website of the insurance provider from whom you wish to buy the policy.
- Choose the Policy: Select the type of multi-year insurance policy you want—third-party or comprehensive. Review the details and benefits carefully.
- Customise: If you’re opting for a comprehensive plan, you can customise it by choosing add-ons like zero depreciation, roadside assistance, etc.
- Quote: Enter the necessary details about your two-wheeler and personal information to get a premium quote.
- Payment: If you're satisfied with the coverage and the quote, proceed to make the payment through secure payment options like credit/debit cards or net banking.
- Policy Document: Upon successful payment, the policy document will be sent to your registered email. You should download, print, and keep a copy of the policy for your records.
- Confirmation: You will also receive a confirmation and policy details on your mobile number.
Buying a multi-year two-wheeler insurance policy online is not just convenient but also allows you to explore and compare various options to make an informed choice. Ensure you read the terms and conditions carefully before buying a two wheeler insurance for 3 years.
What is the 3-Year Bike Insurance Price?
The price for a 3-year bike insurance policy varies based on several factors such as the make and model of the bike, its age, engine capacity, location, and the type of coverage chosen (third-party or comprehensive). Additionally, if you opt for any add-ons or extra coverages, those will also impact the final premium. Here’s a quick breakdown of what impacts the two wheeler insurance for 3 year price:
1. Third-Party Premium: Regulatory bodies determine third-party premiums, and they remain fixed irrespective of the insurer. However, they vary based on the bike's engine capacity.
Third Party Car Insurance Rates for Petrol Bikes -
Engine CC of the Bike
Premium (1 year policy)
Premium (3 year policy)
>75cc to <=150cc
>150cc to <=350cc
Third Party Car Insurance Rates for Electric Bikes -
Bike Battery Capacity
Premium (1 year policy)
Premium (3 year policy)
>3 KW to <= 7KW
>7 KW to <= 16 KW
2. Own-Damage Premium: This part is variable and depends on the insurer's assessment of risks associated with insuring your bike.
3. Add-ons: Costs of add-ons are separate and get added to the basic premium.
You can get exact premium quotes by visiting insurance companies’ official websites or using online insurance aggregators to compare various options.
Points to Keep in Mind Before Buying a 3-Year Bike Insurance
Before committing to a 3-year bike insurance policy, consider the following points to make a well-informed decision:
- Coverage: Decide between a third-party or a comprehensive policy. Ensure the policy you choose aligns with your needs and offers adequate coverage.
- Insurer’s Reputation: Check the insurer’s reputation, customer reviews, and claim settlement ratio. It should be reliable and have good customer service.
- Add-ons: Consider which add-ons or additional coverages like zero depreciation, engine protection, or roadside assistance may be beneficial for you.
- NCB Benefits: Look at the No Claim Bonus benefits the insurer is offering. It can help in reducing the premium if no claims are made during the policy period.
- Flexibility: Check if the insurer allows flexibility, like mid-term inclusion of add-ons or other changes.
- Ease of Renewal and Claim Process: The renewal process should be straightforward, and the claim process should be efficient and user-friendly.
- Compare: Compare premiums, coverages, and benefits from different insurers to get the best deal.
A 3-year long-term bike insurance policy undoubtedly brings along several benefits like premium savings, avoiding annual renewal hassles, and continuous protection. However, it's crucial to assess your needs, understand the policy's offerings, and choose an insurance provider that offers a balance of cost-effectiveness and comprehensive protection. Make sure to read the policy document carefully to know what is covered and what is not, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free claim process when needed. With careful planning and consideration, you can make the most out of your long-term bike insurance policy.
- What is a long-term bike insurance policy?
A long-term bike insurance policy allows you to insure your bike for up to three years, ensuring that you are covered against third-party liabilities and own damage costs without the need for annual renewals.
- Is a long-term policy better than an annual one?
It can be, as a long-term policy offers uninterrupted coverage, saves you from the hassle of annual renewals, and often comes at a discounted rate compared to renewing your policy yearly.
- How is the premium calculated for a 3-year bike insurance policy?
The premium is calculated based on factors like the make and model of the bike, its age, engine capacity, location, type of coverage, and any chosen add-ons or extra coverages.
- Can I buy long-term bike insurance online?
Yes, long-term bike insurance can be purchased online directly from the insurer’s website or through insurance aggregators.
- What are the benefits of opting for a long-term bike insurance policy?
Benefits include premium savings, protection against annual premium hikes, no hassle of yearly renewals, and continuous, uninterrupted coverage.
- What is not covered in long-term bike insurance policies?
General exclusions include normal wear and tear, electrical/mechanical breakdown, damage due to driving under the influence of alcohol or without a valid licence, and more.
- What types of coverages are available under long-term bike insurance?
You can choose between third-party coverage and comprehensive coverage, and also opt for add-ons like zero depreciation, engine protection, and roadside assistance.
- Is the No Claim Bonus (NCB) applicable in long-term bike insurance?
Yes, NCB benefits apply. They accumulate every claim-free year, and you can use them for a premium discount during the policy renewal.
- Can I modify or cancel my long-term bike insurance policy before it expires?
Modifications can be made, but they are subject to the insurer’s approval. Cancellations are also allowed, and you may receive a refund based on the insurer's cancellation policy.
- How do I claim insurance in a long-term bike insurance policy?
To file a claim, inform the insurer immediately after the incident, submit the necessary documents, and cooperate during the investigation. Once approved, the insurer will settle the claim as per the policy terms. Be sure to pay your premiums on time to avoid hassles.