What Is Manipal Cigna Health Insurance?
Published On Jul 31, 2022 12:00 PM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
Manipal Cigna is a standalone health insurance provider in India which is formed as a joint venture between the Manipal Group and Cigna Corporation. The company offers a range of health insurance solutions for both its retail and corporate clients. With a presence across 769 cities in India, it is easy to reach the company for buying the policy or for any assistance that you need.
Features of Manipal Cigna health insurance plans
Manipal Cigna offers different types of health plans and each policy has a comprehensive scope of coverage. Some of the common coverage benefits that you can find include the following –
- Inpatient treatments: Under this, treatments taken on an inpatient basis, i.e. when you are hospitalised for 24 hours or more, are covered. The coverage is allowed for room rent, doctor’s fee, nurse’s fee, etc.
- Pre hospitalisation: Expenses incurred prior to hospitalisation are called pre-hospitalisation expenses. Such expenses are covered up to a specified number of days
- Post hospitalisation: Expenses incurred even after the discharge from the hospital are covered under this head. The expenses are covered up to a specified number of days
- Ambulance charge: The cost of an ambulance used in transportation to the hospital is covered under Manipal Cigna health insurance plans
- Domiciliary treatments: Treatments taken at home are called domiciliary treatments. Such treatments are covered under the policy if no hospital beds are available or if you are in no condition to be moved to the hospital
- Organ donor treatments: The cost of organ harvesting, as well as the cost of hospitalisation of an organ donor, are covered under this head if you are undergoing an organ transplant surgery
- Daycare procedures : Medical treatments wherein a hospital stay of 24 hours is not needed are called daycare procedures. Such procedures are covered under the policy
- AYUSH treatments: Non-allopathic treatments are called AYUSH treatments or alternative treatments. Such treatments are also covered under the plan
- Free health check-ups: You can avail of free health check-ups at specified intervals if you renew the policy non-stop. Such health check-ups are called preventive health check-ups and they are covered under the policy
- No claim bonus: This bonus is allowed if no claim is made in a policy year. Under many Manipal Cigna health plans, the sum insured is increased on a cumulative bonus if you don’t make claims in successive policy years
Exclusions Under Manipal Cigna health Insurance Plans
Manipal Cigna health insurance plans have specific exclusions wherein the claim is not paid. The exact list of exclusions depends on the policy that you choose and can be checked in the policy wordings. However, some of the most common instances that are not covered include the following –
- Pre-existing illnesses are not covered in the first few years of the policy. This period is called the waiting period
- Specific medical conditions are not covered in the first 2 years of the policy. This period is called the specific waiting period
- Illnesses within the first 30 days of the policy are not covered
- Cosmetic treatments and medical unnecessary treatments are excluded
- War, nuclear perils, mutiny, civil commotion, etc. are excluded
- Illegal acts, adventure activities, self-inflicted injuries, alcohol or drug addiction would not be covered
- Pregnancy and maternity-related treatments are excluded unless they are covered under the policy
- OPD expenses are not covered unless otherwise stated
- The cost of vitamins and supplements are excluded
- The costs associated with unscientific or unproven treatments are not covered
More than 21,000 agents are tied-up with the company making it easier for you to buy the available plans. The company promotes healthy living and so it has made more than 93,000 customers happy with its attractive rewards programs. With digitized services, Manipal Cigna has eased up the buying, renewing and claiming process for its health insurance policies. The company has a dedicated customer care department which helps you with your problems round the clock.
Also read: Is Bharti AXA health Insurance good?