Things To Know About Star Health Insurance
Published On Apr 12, 2023 10:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
Star Health Insurance is one of the best insurance companies in India. The company was established in 2006 and is headquartered in Chennai. The company provides many health insurance products to cater to the requirements of individuals. Star Health Insurance has 815 branches across the country and is associated with more than 14,000 network hospitals. Read on to find out details about the types of health plans, the renewal process, the claim process, and more details about Star Health Insurance.
Types of Health Plans Offered By Star Health Insurance
Listed below are the types of health insurance plans provided by Star Health.
- Family Floater Health Plans: A family floater health insurance is a plan that provides coverage for all family members under a single plan.
- Individual Health Plans: Individual health insurance plan is a policy that provides medical coverage to a person based on a personal sum insured. Under this type of plan, the policyholder needs to buy a separate health plan for each family member.
- Senior Citizen Health Plans: Older people are more vulnerable to diseases. Therefore, it is important to buy a senior citizen plan. It is a type of policy that provides extensive coverage for people over 60 years of age.
- Group Health Insurance Plans: It is a type of health plan provided by an employer to its employee. The policyholders of this plan are eligible for the policy benefits only during employment.
Benefits of Star Health Insurance Plans
Here are the benefits of purchasing Star Health Insurance Plans:
- Anytime Support: The company provides 24*7 support for their policyholders. You can call customer service anytime for assistance regarding claims, renewals, and other inquiries.
- 2-Hour Claim Settlement Process: With Star Health Insurance, you get an assurance of 2 hours of claim settlement. The company has an in-house claim settlement team to help you provide a hassle-free claim experience.
- Wide Network Hospitals: Another key feature of purchasing a health insurance policy from Star Health is that it provides a wide network of hospitals. At present, the company is associated with over 14000 network hospitals across the country. The policyholders can visit these network hospital to avail of cashless treatment.
Process To Renew Star Health Insurance Online
Listed below are the steps that you need to follow to renew your Star Health Insurance online.
- Visit the official website of Star Health Insurance.
- On the home page, click on the instant renewal button.
- Fill in your details such as mobile number, email id, and date of birth.
- Click on proceed.
- The premium payment bill with details like gross premium and service tax will be displayed.
- Click on the renewal notice tab. A new window will appear on the screen.
- Read the notice thoroughly and click on the purchase policy.
- Enter your name, phone, email, and password to pay a premium online using net banking, debit card, or credit card.
Process To File a Claim With Star Health Insurance
Star Health Insurance provides the following two ways to file a claim:
- Cashless Claim Settlement Process: An insurance company is associated with some hospitals and clinics to provide cashless treatment facilities to the policyholders. These hospitals are known as network hospitals. The policyholders can visit the network hospital and inform the insurance company about hospitalization. An insurance company will directly pay off the treatment bills and expenses to the hospital.
- Reimbursement Claim Settlement Process: In this type of claim settlement process, the policyholder first pays treatment bills from their pocket and will reimburse later by an insurance company. You can choose any hospital to avail of treatment in the reimbursement claim settlement process.
Also read: Are Congenital Diseases Covered Under Health Insurance?