How To Check Star Health Insurance Policy Status?
Published On Jul 22, 2022 11:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
- How to Check Star Health Insurance Policy Status Online
- How to Check Star Health Insurance Policy Status Offline
- How to Check Star Health Insurance Claim Status
- Details Required In Star Health Claim Notification Form
- Star Health Insurance Claim Intimation
- How to Download Star Health Insurance Policy Online?
Star Health & Allied Insurance Co., Ltd. is one of the most popular health insurance companies in India. The company was established in the year 2006 and has a presence in more than 550 locations in the country where it offers insurance solutions to its customers. The company offers various health insurance plans for different sections of society. These health insurance policies have all the amenities, starting from medical opinion to covering hospitalization expenses.. Moreover, these insurance plans offer extensive coverage to fulfil the healthcare needs of our family, parents, and parents-in-law at an affordable premium.
The organization was honored at the 2019 Dun & Bradstreet BFSI Summit & Awards as India's top insurance firm. The company has a website and an application called "Star Power" that was created to help customers understand their health insurance policies and pay the premiums easily online.
Every year, many health insurance policy buyers choose InsuranceDekho to buy reliable health insurance plans offered by Star Health & Allied Insurance. However, sometimes people complain that they weren't able to check their Star Health Insurance Policy and claim status online. So, we have curated this article that explains the online and offline processes related to the Star Health Insurance Policy.
Let us now discuss how you can check your Star health insurance policy and claim status online.
How to Check Star Health Insurance Policy Status Online
Star health insurance policy status can be checked online in two ways-by using the customer portal or by checking via online ticket.
When Using the Customer Portal:
To use the customer portal to check the health insurance policy status, you are required to follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of Star Health Insurance. Click on ‘Login’ at the top right to log in to the customer portal. Select ‘Retail Customer’ from the drop-down menu.
- In case you are a new customer, then you are required to register yourself by clicking on ‘Register now’. Enter your personal information after which you will be able to generate an OTP (One Time Password), using which you can access the portal using your email and password. You will get access to a dashboard where you can find all the personal details and Star health insurance policies that you have purchased.
- Click on the policy number. You will see all the details including policy status, enrolment date, and policy period.
Check Via Online Ticket
The second way to check your Star Health Insurance policy is by using the dedicated ticket platform. The feature lets you raise any query without discussing your problem in detail with a customer service representative. Select the issue you are facing and submit it. If you have purchased the policy but it has not been generated, then you can visit https://www.starhealth.in/claims and follow these steps:
- Enter your name in the ‘Contact Name’ field in the Ticket Information field. The name should match the name you entered at the time of policy purchase.
- Select ‘Policy not generated’ on the subcategory from the drop-down list. In the next field, select the mode in which you purchased the policy. Next, enter if it is a renewal or a new policy.
- Select if you received the policy in hard copy or soft copy format.
- In the CPU field, enter the area where you live. This will make it easy to access your query. Enter all the personal details as asked. Then click ‘Submit’.
How to Check Star Health Insurance Policy Status Offline
Star health insurance policy status can be checked offline in two ways-via phone call or by visiting the nearest branch.
Check Via Phone Call:
If you are unable to access Start Health Insurance policies online, then you can opt for offline mode as well. You can call the insurer on the toll-free customer care numbers 18004252255 or 18001024477 at anytime in order to get your queries solved. The customer care executives will ask for your policy number and will help with the solution to your problem quickly.
Visit the Nearest Branch:
You can also visit the nearest branch office of Star Health Insurance to know the status of your health insurance policy. You will be required to have your policy document ready. All you need to do is share your policy number with the concerned authority and he/she will provide you the status within the stipulated time.
How to Check Star Health Insurance Claim Status
Checking Star Health Insurance claim status is no rocket science. In case you have submitted a claim recently under your health insurance policy, then you can check the claim status via portal login on https://www.starhealth.in/claims. Enter your intimation number and ID card number on the web page. Click on ‘Get Claim Status’.
In case you are unable to check your claim status online, then you may connect with the claims helpdesk via call. Click on ‘Claims Helpdesk’ on the link and you will get a list of phone numbers of all zonal as well as corporate offices. This will help you reach the helpdesk on the basis of your place of residence.
Similar to the process of checking the policy status, you can also check your health insurance claim status by visiting the nearest branch and sharing requirements with the concerned authority. All you need to do is share the intimation number and the ID card number and you will get to know the status within a few minutes.
If you have any further questions or concerns about how to check Star health insurance policy and claim status online or offline, contact InsuranceDekho's customer service representatives, who will solve your queries quickly.
Details Required In Star Health Claim Notification Form
Following are the documents that you may require at the time of claim notification:
- Hospital name
- Star Health Policy number
- Name of the policy or claimant
- Contact details or email ID, phone number address or landmark, etc.
- Nature of illness for health claims
- Date, time, location and nature of accident (in case of an accident)
- Starting date of symptom
Generally, Star Health & Allied Insurance settles claims within 2 hours, but to gain further knowledge on the process, you can check the claim helpdesk, claim intimation, claim settlement process, and claim status online.
Star Health Insurance Claim Intimation
InsuranceDekho works towards making the health insurance claim settlement process easier for you. To understand the claim process in detail, you can connect to the customer care executives on the toll-free number 7551196989. The executives will do their best to help you understand the process.
How to Download Star Health Insurance Policy Online?
To check your Star Health Insurance Policy status online, you can visit the insurer’s website. To do the same, you will be required to follow the simple steps given below:
- Enter the name of your Star Health Insurance Policy
- Enter the registered mobile number
- Enter the One Time Policy or OTP
- You will get the soft copy of your Star Health Insurance Policy online
- You can tailor your Star Health Insurance Policy to meet your specific needs. It provides an easy and smooth digital claim settlement process, making it quick for you. If you are still confused about the claim settlement process, you can seek help from the executives at InsuranceDekho.
Health Insurance Plans For Women