Does Your Policy Entitle You to Free Health Checkups?
Published On Dec 25, 2020 5:30 AM By Gunjan Anand
Well, most may not be aware that certain health insurance plans have the built-in free health checkup option. One of the major features of such policies is this. Regular health checkups are still recommended since it tends to detect illnesses early. A free medical checkup with insurance plans helps a lot, particularly in a country where individuals don't go on their own for regular checkups.
Experts recommend that it is advisable to undergo a wellness check-up at least once a year, with the increasing healthcare expenses and the increased incidence of lifestyle-based illnesses. The health criteria of a body often change because of the increasing age. These regular checkups help in a better understanding of your health status and encourage you to make the required changes to your new health insurance policy at the right moment, such as an improvement in the age-assured sum.
How to Avail Free Medical Check-Up Under Health Insurance?
1. A lot of people refrain from availing of the benefits as they find the process tedious. However, the process to avail of free medical check-ups is quite simple.
2. A person must first contact the insurance provider by phone, email, or by visiting the insurance firm's office to make use of the free health check-up facilities available under the policy.
3. To register for the free medical check-up benefit, many insurance companies have an online form that has to be filled out by the insured person.
4. Typically, the centers where clients can get a free medical check-up done would be specified by an insurance agent. However, if a person wants to go for a check-up at a laboratory of their choice that is not part of the network of the insurance policy, then he/she must ask the insurance company to arrange for a check-up and subsequently claim the reimbursement from the insurance company.
5. The policyholder will get an authorization letter after the appointment is fixed, which has to be presented at the diagnostic center along with the health card.
List of Medical Tests Available Under Health Check-up
- There are a series of medical tests that you can take and the list is normally listed in the description of the policy. The expenses incurred on regular checks such as lipid profile, fasting blood sugar, chest X-ray, full blood count (CBC), among others, will typically be covered by any of the best health insurance policies. The tests covered can, however, differ from one health insurance company to another.
- Another relevant factor to remember is the coverage cap for free-medical check-ups would depend on the policy sum insured. The higher the assured health insurance policy sum, the higher the cap for a free medical check-up.
Therefore, now that you are aware of how to take advantage of the free health check-up facilities and know the procedures, you can conveniently book one now. Not only does the insurance provider cover the treatment bills, but it also allows you to keep your health up to date. Also, your medical check-ups have no bearing on your health insurance premium. Early diagnosis means early cure. It allows you the opportunity to take quick remedial steps before it gets out of your side.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.