Does your Health Insurance Plan cover Paralysis?
Updated On May 13, 2021
Table of Contents
Paralysis is a health condition wherein an individual has to bear the loss of muscle function, which either can be temporary, partial or permanent loss. Generally, paralysis happens because of damage to an individual’s nervous system. An individual who gets paralysis faces a sensory loss in the affected area. Paralysis is a part of critical ailment, henceforth, the general health insurance policy does not offer coverage for the same. The policy buyer is required to opt for a specific plan that offers coverage for healthcare related expenses for issues concerning paralysis.
Paralysis Treatment Cost in India
An individual suffering from paralysis should seek medical help as soon as possible and take proper diagnosis and treatment for the same. While talking about taking treatment for paralysis, it is dependent upon the seriousness of the disease and the part of the body that got affected due to paralysis attack. Generally, the cost of treatment for paralysis lies anywhere between the range of Rs. 7000 and Rs. 1 Lakh. It is definitely not an easy road to deal with paralysis, wherein the patient not only faces a mental trauma but also financial stress due to treatment cost. Therefore, in order to be well prepared in advance to deal with the illness, it is important to insure oneself under a good critical illness health insurance plan.
Best Critical Illness Health Insurance Plans Covering Expenses for Paralysis Treatment
Highlighted below are the best critical illness health insurance plans covering paralysis:
|S.NO||Health Insurance Plan||Entry Age|
|1.||Bajaj Allianz Critical Illness Plan||
Minimum Age: 6 years
Maximum Age: 65 years
|2.||Aditya Birla Activ Secure Critical Illness Plan||
Minimum Age(Plan 1 &2) : 5 years
Minimum Age (Plan 3): 18 years
|3.||Universal Sompo Critical Illness Plan||
Minimum Age: 18 years
Maximum Age: 65 years
1. Bajaj Allianz Critical Illness Plan
Critical illness plan by Bajaj Allianz is a health insurance plan offering coverage to the policyholder against various critical illnesses such as paralysis, kidney failure, organ transplant, stroke, multiple sclerosis etc. The plan offers various benefits including pre-hospitalisation expenses, post-hospitalisation expenses, and other health associated expenses.
Key Features of the Plan
- Under this plan, the policyholder gets coverage for 10 Critical illnesses including paralysis.
- The whole family can get coverage under the single plan. Moreover, there is a lifetime renewability option under the plan.
- The sum insured that can be availed under this plan ranges between Rs. 1 Lakh to Rs. 50 Lakh.
- Under this plan, the policyholder can enjoy tax benefits under section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
2. Aditya Birla Activ Secure Critical Illness Plan
Activ Secure Critical Illness Plan by Aditya Birla assists the policyholder financially in dealing with the finances incurred due to treatment expenses upon diagnosis of any specified critical illness. Under this plan the policyholder gets financial protection against 64 critical illnesses.
Key Features of the Plan
- The plan can be availed by the policyholder in 3 distinct options namely Plan 1 – which offers coverage for 20 critical illnesses, Plan 2 – which offers coverage for 50 critical illnesses and Plan 3- which offers coverage for 64 critical illnesses.
- The maximum sum insured offered under this plan is 1 crore.
- The plan offers coverage for extensive features of insurance like recuperation, medical treatment, hospitalisation, day-to-day needs, etc.
- The waiting period under this plan is between 90 days and 180 days.
3. Universal Sompo Critical Illness Plan
Critical Illness Plan by Universal Sompo is a health insurance plan with fixed benefits offering coverage for various critical illnesses. The insurance company pays the sum insured in lump sum for the treatment in case the insured individual is diagnosed with any of the listed critical illnesses during the plan duration.
Features of the Plan
- Under this plan, the policyholder can avail coverage for 11 critical illness and surgical procedures.
- The plan offers various sum insured options ranging between Rs. 2.5 Lakh to Rs. 20 Lakh.
- The policy tenure for this plan is for 1 year, 2 years or 3 years.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.