Discovering Care Senior Health Insurance
Updated On May 12, 2021
Table of Contents
Care Senior Health insurance plan is one of the most sought after plans offered by Care Health insurance. It is a comprehensive health insurance plan specifically designed in order to meet the medical needs of senior citizens. It offers a variety of benefits to the policyholder and let the aged individuals avail good medical facilities without worrying about the high medical bills.
Affordable coverage is offered by the Care Senior Health insurance plan for several healthcare expenses associated with illness related to age, domiciliary treatment, unconventional therapies, and other day care procedures. Different sum insured options are offered by the plan i.e Rs 3 Lakh, Rs. 5 Lakh, Rs. 7 Lakh and Rs. 10 Lakh. Moreover, this plan can be bought on both individual basis as well as family floater basis.
Key Features of Care Senior Health Insurance Plan
The health insurance plan by Care Health insurance for senior citizens have the following features:
- Individuals who are 61 years or above in age can purchase Care Senior Health Insurance Plan. The duration for which policy can be purchased is 1 year/ 2 years/ 3 years.
- The policy is available with a lifelong renewability option and the different sum insured options available are e Rs 3 Lakh, Rs. 5 Lakh, Rs. 7 Lakh and Rs. 10 Lakh.
- In order to purchase this policy, the insured is not required to undergo any pre-policy healthcare check-up.
- In case because of the claims made, the sum insured gets exhausted, then under this plan the sum insured will get automatically recharged, in order to safeguard the insured person from wiping off their savings at the time of any healthcare emergency.
- Under this plan, there is a 10% increase in the sum insured for each claim-free year, which is also known as No Claim Bonus.
- Coverage for organ donors up to a limit of Rs. 1,000,00 based upon the sum insured.
- Coverage for treatment expenses, which is up to 60 days for pre-hospitalisation and 90 days for post-hospitalisation, depending upon sum insured.
- The policyholder also gets the option for alternative treatment cover in case they feel that they are not deriving any benefits from the normal treatments. The alternative treatments include Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani, etc.
- A policyholder needs to undergo a waiting period of 30 days for any disease except injuries. While for any pre-existing disease, there is a waiting period of 4 years and for any specific illness, it is 2 years.
What is not Covered under Care Senior Health Insurance Plan?
The following are not included under the Care senior health insurance plan:
- Healthcare expenses arising during the first 30 days of plan inception is not covered, except for the ones arising out due to an injury.
- Treatment expenses arising due to any pre-existing illness is excluded from coverage for the starting 4 years.
- Treatment expenses arising because of injury or diseases indirectly or directly associated with mental or psychiatric disorder.
- Coverage for treatment expenses due to intoxicating substances like drug abuse or alcohol intake is not included.
- Treatment expenses arising due to self-inflicted injuries like attempt to suicide, suicide, etc.
- Expenses for tests and treatments associated with in vitro fertilization and infertility.
- Treatment expenses related to maternity or pregnancy complications.
- Treatments expenses due to injuries sustained in war or nuclear war, biological or chemical weapon and radiations of any kind.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.