Documents Required For Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Process
Updated On Oct 19, 2022
Don’t know how to file for a claim or what documents you require? Read this article to find out.
Table of Contents
With an increase in accidents, the ratio of claims has also increased. A two-wheeler insurance policy is a perfect way to safeguard yourself financially in case of any mishap. In India, there are 25 insurance companies offering motor insurance to help people economically in situations like theft, burglary, accidents, natural calamities, and many others. Nowadays, the claim for your insurance is quickly and easily settled by the insurer. However, if you miss submitting any document that is asked by the company, then it may lead to the rejection of your claim.
Don’t worry! In this post, we’ll provide you with the list of the documents that would be required in the process of a two-wheeler claim settlement. Before that, let’s understand the types of bike insurance claims.
Types of Two-wheeler Insurance Claims
There are two types of claims through which you can make claims for your policy- cashless and reimbursement claim settlement. In case of a cashless claim, you need to take your two-wheeler to the network garage that falls under the network of your insurance company. Thereafter, your insurer will directly settle the repair bills with the garage. However, you can also take your vehicle for repair at the choice of garage. In this case, you’ll be required to pay the repair bills which will then be reimbursed by your insurance company.
Details Required for Filing a Two-Wheeler Insurance Claim
In case you meet with an accident or your two-wheeler has been stolen, firstly you should call your insurance company and file an FIR with the police. Thereafter, collect the below-mentioned documents to make a claim request:
- Policy Number
- Contact Details
- Name of the policyholder
- Summary of the incident
- Loss incurred
- Manufacturing details and model number of your two-wheeler
- Registration number of your two-wheeler
- Time, date, or location of the accident or theft
- In case of an accident, details of the third-party vehicle
- Garage name and contact details in case of reimbursement of claim
- Statement and contact details of the eye-witness
Things To Keep In Mind While Filing A Two-Wheeler Insurance Claim
Listed below are a few tips you should follow to get a successful and hassle-free claim process.
- Avoid indulging in an argument with a third party.
- Evaluate the loss or damage incurred by your two-wheeler to a third party.
- Always file an FIR in both cases- an accident or theft.
- Within a specific time, inform the insurer about the happening to make a quick and hassle-free claim settlement.
- Obey and abide by the two-wheeler insurance policy's terms and conditions.
Whether you own third-party insurance or are covered under a comprehensive motor insurance policy, it is necessary to submit each and every document thoroughly to the insurer. Generally, the steps to file the claim are unique according to the different insurance companies. Therefore, in addition to the above-mentioned documents the bike insurance companies may ask you for any other certificate or report to verify the details of the case.