How To Claim Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Policy
Updated On Jul 19, 2022
Table of Contents
Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company Limited is the first private sector general insurance company in India to be licensed since 2001 Royal Sundaram general insurance offers Motor, Health, Personal Accident and other products to individual customers. Royal Sundaram also offers specially designed products to the Small and Medium enterprises and Rural customers.
From basic individual health insurance cover to specialist , Royal Sundaram Health Insurance offers a wide array of health insurance plans which also includes maternity benefits and the option to auto-recharge sum insured every policy year even if a claim has been made.
Why Royal Sundaram Health Insurance?
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance is one of the top health insurance providers in India. The company offers quality health insurance plans at affordable prices. Here are some reason why customers prefer Royal Sundaram Health Insurance:
- The insurers offers a wide range of health insurance plans with lifetime renewability and a wide sum insured range.
- The insurance company has a high Claim Settlement Ratio which is an indicator of its capability to settle a high number of claim in any given financial year.
- Excellent customer service which includes online premium calculator, 24/7 helpline number, network hospital locator, hassle-free claim process, call back option, a dedicated grievance redressal cell, and online renewal.
- To enhance your health cover, you can choose to add-on covers such as cash benefits, personal accident cover, and critical illness cover.
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Policies Offer
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance offers health insurance policies with a wide range of sum insured options to suit the varying needs of its customers. The health insurance policies offered by Royal Sundaram Health Insurance offers the following insurance coverage:
- Cashless hospitalisation at more than 3,000 network hospitals.
- Pre and post-hospitalisation expenses.
- 147 day-care procedures.
- Lifetime renewability option.
- Tax benefits on health insurance premiums under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Increased cover of up to additional 50% sum insured for hospitalisation as a result of an accident.
- Maternity expenses.
- Pre-existing disease cover with a 3-year waiting period.
- Get a cumulative bonus of 5-50% for every claim-free year.
- Get daily cash benefit to cover non-medical expenses during the period of hospitalisation.
- The insurer offers double cash benefit in the case of hospitalisation due to an accident and triple cash benefit in the case of admission to Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
How to File a Health Insurance Claim with Royal Sundaram?
In the case of a planned hospitalisation, the insured member has to intimate Royal Sundaram 48 hours prior to admission or within 24 hours in the case of an emergency hospitalisation. 2 types of claims can be filed with Royal Sundaram:
- Cashless claim: Visit a network hospital the insurer and display your health card at the helpdesk. The hospital will verify your identity details and submit a pre-authorisation request to the TPA or insurer. Upon approval, the hospital will provide cashless treatment to the insured member and the insurer will settle the bill directly with the hospital. Upon rejection, the insured member can seek treatment and pay for the medical expenses out of his or her pocket, then make a reimbursement claim after discharge.
- Reimbursement claim: Submit a duly-filled reimbursement claim form along with the original medical documents to the insurer or TPA within 30 days of your discharge from the hospital. The insurer will approve or deny the claim as per the policy terms and conditions.
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Ltd. became the first private sector general insurance company in India to be licensed in October 2000 by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India. The company's accident and health claims process was awarded ISO 9001-2008 certification for effective customer service delivery. It also won the "Celent Model Insurer Asia Award" for 2013 and 2014 for creating an intelligent claims management system that helps develop staff productivity and increases customer satisfaction.