Compare & Buy Car, Bike and Health Insurance Online - InsuranceDekho
Claim, renew, manage & moreLogin
  Hurry Up!
Save tax in 80D by purchasing a Health Insurance Today. View Plan

How To Check SBI Health Insurance Policy Status

Updated On Nov 21, 2023

SBI General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between the State Bank of India and the Insurance Australia Group (IAG). SBI owns 74% of the total capital and IAG the remaining 26%. SBI General in association with State Bank of India covered over 1.5 Crore Saving Bank Account holders of SBI with a Personal Accident Insurance cover. SBI General has also established its presence in nearly 14,000 Branches of State Bank of India.

The insurer provides its customer with easy digital services that help them track their health insurance claim status online through their website. In addition to this, you can perform a range of activities including Claim estimation, Claim settlement, and Claim form download. Alternatively, you can visit the Insurer’s branch office if you want to know the status of your health insurance claims.

How To Check SBI Health Insurance Policy Status

Steps to Check SBI Health Insurance Claim Status Online

To check your SBI Health Insurance Claim Status you can follow the below-mentioned steps on the Insurer’s website:

Step 1: Visit the official website of SBI General Insurance Company

Step 2: SBI General Insurance Company’s homepage will open, where you can see separate sections for different insurance policies. On this page, there is a ‘Quick Assist’ option. Click this. 

Step 3: Clicking the 'Quick Assist' option redirects to a different page where one can see various options. Click 'Claim Status'.

Step 4: You will be then redirected to the 'Track claim status' page. Select insurance products from the 'Select Product' drop-down menu.

Step 5: The ‘Track Claim’ status option elaborates upon selecting a product from this option. In this section, one has to provide his/her:

  • Policy Number or
  • Claim Number

And then he/she has to enter the given ‘Captcha’ code

Step 6: Click the 'Next' button to check the claim status online.

How To Check SBI Insurance Policy Status Offline?

For any policy-related queries, contact SBIG’s toll-free number 1800 22 1111 or 1800 102 1111. You can also locate the nearest branch office through the company website and request a callback. You can live chat with an agent for guidance and information on health insurance plans offered by SBIG. You can write in your queries to the insurer through the company website, just fill out the online query form and submit it. For SBI Health Insurance, SMS HEALTH to 561612 and to register a claim, SMS CLAIM to 561612


In FY 2016-17, SBI General Insurance Company Limited (SBIG) had a gross written premium of Rs.2.604.5 crore leading to a growth of 28%. As of 2017, the insurer's presence extends to 110 cities pan India with more than 2600 employees. SBIG offers health insurance plans for all segments of customers from individuals and families to senior citizens. The plans cover hospitalisation, critical illness, daily cash benefits, personal accident insurance, and top-up plans.

Also read: How To Check Universal Sompo Health Insurance Policy Status

How to Claim United India Health Insurance


This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.

Health Insurance Coverage Calculator

Who do you want to insured ?

  • Individual
  • Couple
  • Family
  • Parents

Age of eldest insured member ?

Where do you live ?

Disclaimer : Actual Coverage might vary basis your location, age and number of members
Must BuyMust Buy

Why to Buy Health Insurance Policy Online from InsuranceDekho

  • Tax benefit upto 75,000*
  • Claim support everyday 10AM-7PM
  • 50 Lacs+ happy customers