National Health Insurance National Mediclaim
- 6,000+ Network HospitalsCheck in your City
- 17,25,290 Policies Issued
- 115.55% Incurred Claim Ratio
- Lifelong Renewability
- 78.52% Claim Settlement Ratio
- Dedicated Team for Claim Settlement
About National Health Insurance National Mediclaim
National Mediclaim Policy brought to you by National Insurance Company Ltd. is a comprehensive health insurance policy loaded with unique benefits. It covers hospitalisation expenses on cashless or reimbursement basis arising from the reasonable and necessary treatment of illness/disease or injury contracted or sustained during the policy term. The policy is available for people aged between 18 years to 65 years with sum insured options ranging from Rs. 50,000 and goes up to Rs. 5 Lakh in multiples of Rs. 25,000. And you can also add dependent children between 3 months to 18 years of age if at least one parent is covered under the same policy too.
The policy covers the policyholders from unforeseen health emergencies by providing them various benefits; these include-pre and post hospitalisation expenses for 30 and 60 days respectively. Apart from this, it also covers over 140 daycare procedures or surgeries. The policy does not only provide basic coverage but has something more to offer to the policyholders-Cumulative bonus of 5% in case no claims are reported, family discount, health check-ups and so on thus providing utmost satisfaction.
Key Inclusions and Exclusions of the Plan
- Over 140 daycare procedures covered
- Room, Boarding and Nursing charges covered up to a specified limit
- Fees of Surgeon, Medical Practitioner, Specialist, Consultant subject to a limit
- Ayurvedic and homeopathic treatment covered up to 20% of the sum insured for any one illness
- Expenses on anesthesia, blood, oxygen, surgical appliances, operation theatre charges, etc. covered up to a limit
What's Not Included
- Treatment for HIV, AIDS, STD, etc.
- Hospitalisation primarily for diagnostic purpose is not covered
- Cost of spectacles, dental treatment, contact lenses, hearing aids, etc. are not included
- Some specific diseases/illnesses/treatment are covered after a waiting period of 1-2 years
- Pregnancy and related complications, obesity, cosmetic treatment, genetic disorders, etc. are excluded
Superb plan available at affordable rates
National insurance has always impressed me with its superb plans. This national mediclaim policy is another great plan that has given me good cover fo...Read More
Comprehensive health policy at low premium
I am happy with my cover of national mediclaim policy. It has been the best health insurance for m,e until today. If you also want to invest, expect h...Read More
National Mediclaim has been a big help
I have recently made a claim under this plan. Must say that the process was smooth and i easily got covered for high expenses. I went for a cashless m...Read More
Expert Review for National National Mediclaim
National Mediclaim Policy by National Insurance is among popular health insurance plans. National Insurance Company has designed this policy to provide financial support to the policyholder in case he or she is hospitalized due to an accident, disease or ailment. Available on an individual and a family floater basis, the policy offers benefits of cashless treatment or reimbursement facility across the country. There is cover for 140 daycare procedures, pre and post-hospitlisation expenses, and many other benefits offered under this policy.
National Mediclaim Policy is available for people between the age of 18 and 65 years. However, it also covers financially dependent children (from 3 months to 18 years) provided that at least one parent is covered. The policy also provides coverage to dependent parents. Moreover, the line of treatment covered under the policy include Allopath (up to 100% of the sum insured), Ayurveda and Homeopathy (up to 20% of the sum insured chosen). The sum insured ranges between Rs. 50,000 and Rs. 5 Lakh in multiples of Rs. 25,000.
Apart from providing basic health cover, National Mediclaim policy provides additional benefits such as health incentives like a cumulative bonus of 5% in case no claims are reported, family discounts, health check-ups and so on. The cover is also available for surgical appliances, medicines, drugs, diagnostic tests, pacemaker, artificial limbs, stent and implants, dialysis, chemotherapy, radiotherapy and many others. Here are some more elements you get when choosing this policy:
- Free health checkup once at the end of a block of four continuous claim-free policy period
- Ambulance expenses (per insured person in a policy year) 1% of the sum insured, subject to the maximum of Rs. 2,000
- Expenses incurred for oxygen, blood, OT charges, x-ray, etc.
- Cashless treatment at network hospitals through TPA
- Pre-determined limit cover for specific surgeries or procedures in network hospitals
- 10% discount on premiums if the policy is purchased for the family
- An annual increase in the sum insured by 5% for each claim-free year up to a maximum of 50% of SI opted
- No medical screening required for persons up to 50 years
National Mediclaim Policy by National Insurance gives a comprehensive approach to secure you and your family’s health. It reduces the financial burden during unforeseen health emergencies. No sub limit is applied in case of hospitalisation in a preferred provider network (PPN). Some other benefits under the plan are:
- The policy can be renewed lifelong
- Portability (migration) allowed for similar products
- Free look period to cancel or continue the policy is 15 days
- Third party claim settlement service to settle the claim
- Premium paid for the policy towards self, spouse, dependent children and dependent parents are eligible for tax rebate under Section 80D of Income Tax Act 1961
There are many health insurance policies, but not all of them can be suitable. You can’t compromise with the safety of your and your family's health. The National Mediclaim policy has been designed keeping in mind customers and their needs. It makes sure you get the best possible treatment without spending your hard-earned money. It does not just offer financial support, but also makes sure you and your family remain stress-free in emergencies.
To buy this policy or get more information about it, give a call to InsuranceDekho. InsuranceDekho is committed to helping customers by giving them the opportunity to compare different policies, get free quotes, and choose a policy which is most suited to them.
Claim Process at National Health Insurance
- Network Hospital
- Non-Network Hospital
Claim IntimationEmergency hospitalisation needs intimation within 24 hours and for planned hospitalisation intimate within 72 hours prior to admission.
Claim ProcessingFill in the pre-authorisation form and hand it over to hospital's insurance/TPA desk to initiate claim request.
Claim SettlementOnce your request is approved, claim is settled. If not approved, claim for reimbursement after discharge.
Claim AssistanceFor any assistance call Insurancedekho at 1800-120-5698 or call toll free number of National Health Insurance at 1800-345-0330.
Claim IntimationEmergency hospitalisation needs intimation within 72 hours and for planned hospitalisation intimate within 72 hours prior to admission.
Claim ProcessingSubmit claim form with original documents such as doctor’s reports, hospital bills, diagnostic tests, etc.
Claim SettlementOnce your request for reimbursement of expenses is approved, the claim will be settled.
Claim AssistanceFor any assistance call insurancedekho at 1800-120-5698 or call toll free number of National Health Insurance 1800-345-0330.
National Mediclaim FAQs
What are the sum insured options provided under this policy?
The sum insured options are available from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 5 Lakh in multiples of Rs. 25,000 under this policy.
What is the minimum entry age for this policy?
Anyone who is aged above 18 years can be covered under this policy. Children aged between 3 months to 18 years can also be included if at least one of the parents is covered under the same policy.
What is the maximum entry age for this policy?
The maximum entry age of this policy is 65 years.
Who all can be covered under this policy?
Self, spouse, dependent children and dependent parents can be covered under this policy.
What is the age limit for policy renewal?
This policy can be renewed lifelong.
Do I get any tax benefit on purchase of this policy?
Yes. The premium paid for this policy is exempted from income tax under Section 80D of the lncome Tax Act, 1961.
Is treatment for obesity covered under this policy?
No. This policy does not provide cover for obesity. The policy also excludes coverage for pregnancy and related complications, hormone replacement, cosmetic treatment, or genetic disorders.
What are the additional benefits provided under this policy apart from the basic coverage?
Apart from the basic coverage, this policy provides the following good health incentives-
- Cumulative bonus of 5% of the sum insured for every year a claim is not made and if the policy is renewed without a break
- Expenses of health check-up up to 1% of the average sum insured once for every block of 4 continuous and claim-free years
Does this policy provide cover for daycare procedures?
Yes. This policy provides cover for over 140 daycare procedures to the policyholders.
Is there any waiting period for pre-existing diseases under this policy?
Yes. There is a waiting period of
continuouscoverage for pre-existing diseases under this policy.