Practises Which Keep You Healthy in Winters
Published On Nov 06, 2020 5:30 AM By Sakshi Aggarwal
The chilled weather of winter has a significant impact on our health. The decrease in temperature puts the body at a higher risk of contracting a lot of diseases. People have an affinity to this weather because of snow, comfortable travelling conditions, and having family nights. But to sustain in this chilly environment, we all need to take proper care of ourselves. It is easy to contract various viral infections in this season.
Also read here: Importance of Health Insurance Cover During COVID-19
Things You Should Do in the Winter Season to Stay Healthy
People have a considerable risk of heart attacks and strokes in this cold weather. These ailments compromise our immune system to a greater extent, so here are some of the important things that we should do in the winter season.
1. Maintain a Good Diet: Food is an integral part while maintaining health. It is substantial to maintain a proper diet which would boost our immunity to fight against various viruses. You can eat citrus fruits to strengthen your immune system. You can also take foods which would help in the excellent functioning of the heart.
2. Practice Self-Care: In winter, we need to take our proper care regarding our skin, hair, and body. You can apply moisturizer as the chilly weather dries out the moisture from our skin. Drink warm water, soup, or milk to provide warmth to your body.
3. Get Proper Sleep Cycle: Due to long nights, it is easy to get derail from standard sleep patterns. It is important to get enough sleep and go for a walk under a mild Sun.
Also read here: Must Know Health Precautions For Winters
4. Obtain/ Synthesize Vitamin D: The warm sunshine on winter days is soothing and is enriched in Vitamin D. So go for a walk or sit under the sun. We often feel congestion due to chilly weather. Sitting under the sun would prevent flu-like ailments and regulate our mood. The heat from the sun rays is also beneficial for our bodies.
5. Indoor Planting: Though it is challenging to be outside in such cold weather, we prefer staying inside. To improve the quality of the indoor air, you can plant some indoor plants. It would keep the air clean and fresh.
6. Increase Physical Activities: We all become lethargic in winter and avoid doing physical activities. Doing physical activities would improve our blood circulation, boost immunity, and maintains our physical as well as mental health. You can start with light exercises like brisk walking or cycling. But remember to do these activities in a warmer place.
7. Stay Hydrated: Water has the majority portion of our body. It is essential to drink a sufficient amount of water and stay hydrated. It helps in removing toxins, transport nutrients in our body, and also balances our body fluids.
8. Maintain Proper Hygiene: Winter shelters a considerable range of viruses and bacteria, we need to maintain proper hygiene and keep ourselves safe from these deadly diseases causing microbes. Wash hands regularly to stop the spread of the germs.
These are some of the common and easy practices that can be done by anyone. We can practice these to maintain our health in this cold weather as it is better to take precautions and prevent ailments from suffering.
You may also like to read: 11 Easy Ways to Keep Your Family Healthy and Fit in Winter
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.