Health Security for Family? Mediclaim Policy is the Answer
Published On Oct 22, 2019 5:30 AM By Yamini Sharma
Everyone loves their family members and wants them to be safe for life. However, there are a few situations that arise out of nowhere and leave a person helpless. If you have ever been in a situation of medical emergency where you thought you are emotionally and financially disturbed, it’s time you opt for health insurance and prevent yourself the stress once again.
Family Mediclaim Policy - The Need
Also referred to as family health insurance, family mediclaim policy is one of the best and most popular ways that people prefer to safeguard the health of their family members. Of massive importance in today’s day and age, health insurance for family is a reliable way to ensure that you and your dear ones get the desired medical support, without any restriction because of money.
Sky-rocketing medical costs have urged people to choose the best health insurance for family so that when the need arises, they don’t have to spend their hard-earned savings. So, if one day, unexpectedly, one of your family members is required to get hospitalised or undergo some medical treatment for a particular reason, you won’t have to lose your savings or compromise on treatment quality, if you possess a mediclaim policy for family.
Mediclaim Policy for Family - The Benefits
- Intact peace of mind
- Reduced financial burden
- Elimination of out-of-pocket expenses
- Coverage for hospitalisation and other expenses
- Availability of cashless services
- Tax benefits on premium paid every year
Why Buy Family Floater Mediclaim Policy and Not Individual Mediclaim Policy?
When it comes to buying the best health insurance for family, most people choose family floater mediclaim policy over individual mediclaim policy. The reason is because a family floater policy covers an entire family under a single policy. What’s best is that opting for a family floater policy prevents you from paying premiums for each family member. You won’t even have to keep a check on multiple insurance policies for each member if you select family floater policy. One of the major benefits is that your family members will get access to a large shared sum insured pool. Also, the premiums for family floater policy will cost you a lot less than in the case of individual mediclaim policy. Lastly, at the time of an emergency, you won’t have to worry about your family member(s) being ill or dealing with the high medical cost. Your sole concern would be choosing the best possible hospital.
Coverage under Family Mediclaim Policy
While the cover for mediclaim policy may vary from plan to plan, here are a few prime elements covered under family floater mediclaim policy:
- Hospitalisation Expenses - Includes OT charges, blood, oxygen, medicines, diagnostic procedure, x-ray, etc.
- Pre & Post Hospitalisation - The period of days covered before and after hospitalisation depends on the policy chosen.
- Day-care Charges - Expenses incurred on particular technically-advanced treatment like cataract surgery and others that do not need hospitalisation for a period of not more than 24 hours.
- Hospital Room Charges - Expenses of ICU or regular wards are completely recompensed, or handled with cashless hospitalisation.
- Fees Charges by Medical Professionals - Compensation for fees charges by surgeon, doctor, nurse, anesthetist, etc., is provided cover for.
How to Choose a Family Mediclaim Policy?
While selecting the perfect family mediclaim policy may come across as tough in the beginning, considering a few prime elements can ease your burden.
To buy the best health insurance for family members, make it a point to emphasise features like:
- Choice between individual mediclaim policy and family floater health
- Sum insured or the coverage amount
- Co-payment clause
- Exclusions under the plan
- List of network hospitals for cashless treatment
- Renewability age
- Coverage for pre-existing diseases and waiting period (if available)
How Individual Health Insurance Plans Are Better Than Family Floater Plans?
Now Cover Entire Family Under Critical Illness Plan by IFFCO Tokio General Insurance
Investing in a mediclaim plan for the benefit of your family will definitely be the right decision to make. Now that you are aware of the need, major features, multiple benefits and other information regarding the significance of family mediclaim policy, go ahead and make the ideal choice for the betterment of self and your loved ones.
If interested in learning more about the importance of health insurance or family floater mediclaim policies, explore the website.
Those willing to talk to our experts, feel free to initiate contact at 18001205698.