Health Insurance For Vector Borne Diseases
Updated On Nov 04, 2020
Buying health insurance in India is something people are still skeptical about. What most do not realize is that health insurance is nothing less than a boon and their betterment only. And why not? After all, health insurance saves one from financial & mental stress during an unexpected medical emergency.
When it comes to buying health insurance for vector-borne diseases, often people think there is no need for it at all. The most common perception that people have is that their health insurance will cover all expenses related to vector-borne diseases. However, this is not the case. Health insurance for vector-borne diseases is specifically designed as it has importance of its own. Let’s find out more.
Health Insurance For Vector-Borne Disease - Why Is It Necessary?
Vector-borne diseases such as chikungunya, dengue, filariasis, kala azar, Japanese encephalitis, and zika virus, are spread to human beings through the bites of infected mosquitoes. Needless to say, hundreds and thousands of children, adults and elderly people are affected by vector-borne diseases every year. As a matter of fact, many die as well.
When you buy health insurance for vector-borne diseases, such as dengue and malaria, you save yourself from encountering the lack of proper treatment. Ignoring the seriousness of vector-borne diseases in India is very common. People often do not pay attention to the diseases and either delay the treatment or avoid it. When the health declines they are left with no option, but to rush for quick treatment. In such an emergency situation, people don’t know where to go and where to arrange money from.
If you too, live in an area with a large population of mosquitoes, it is advisable to choose health insurance for vector-borne diseases so that you do not find yourself struggling neither for money nor proper treatment.
Health Insurance Plans For Vector-Borne Diseases
Following is the lost of health insurance plans for vector-borne diseases that you can choose from:
Health Insurance Company
Future Vector Care Plan
M-Care Health Insurance Policy
Mosquito Disease Protection Policy
1. Future Vector Care Plan
Prime features of this Future Generali policy include:
- Lump sum payment of 100% is made in case of diagnosis and hospitalization due to Malaria, Dengue, Zika Virus, Lymphatic Filariasis, Kala-azar, Japanese Encephalitis, or Chikungunya.
- The range of sum insured starts from Rs. 10,000 and goes up to Rs. 75,000.
- While the minimum policy tenure is 1 year, the maximum policy tenure is 3 years.
- While the minimum entry age is 1 day, the maximum entry age is 65 years.
- The plan does not require any pre-insurance medical examination test, irrespective of the sum insured and age of the insured.
To gain detailed knowledge about the plan, click here.
2. M-Care Health Insurance Policy
Key features of this Bajaj Allianz policy include:
- Lump sum payment of 100% is made in case of diagnosis and hospitalization due to any of the 7 vector-borne diseases including Malaria, Dengue, Zika Virus, Lymphatic Filariasis, Chikungunya, Kala-azar, or Japanese Encephalitis.
- The sum insured ranges between Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 75,000.
- The policy can be availed on annual basis.
- The minimum entry age is 0 days. The maximum entry age is 65 years.
- The plan does not require any pre-insurance medical examination test up to 55 years of age.
To check more about the policy, click here.
3. Mosquito Disease Protection Policy
Significant features of this HDFC Ergo policy include:
- The policy is a group health insurance cover.
- It includes medical expenses for inpatient hospitalisation, pre & post hospitalisation cover, reinstatement of sum insured, and accidental death due to vector-borne diseases.
- The vector-borne diseases under the cover include Malaria, Dengue Fever, Chikungunya, Japanese Encephalitis, Zika Virus, Lymphatic Filariasis, and Kala-Azar.
- The plan comes with optional cover including outpatient treatment expenses, co-payment, recovery benefit, and waiting period options.
- Policy premium can be paid in installments. The options are Half Yearly, Quarterly, and Monthly.
More about the policy can be uncovered here.
Now that you have options available for health insurance for vector-borne diseases, make sure you purchase the one that suits your needs the most.
Buying health insurance for vector-borne diseases will definitely come across as a sigh of relief, in case you find yourself struggling with dengue, malaria, or any other disease due to mosquito bite.
Remember, this uncommon purchase is definitely worth your money.
You May Also Like To Read: Everything About Pre-Existing Diseases in Health Insurance Plan
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.