Best Dental Insurance Plans You can Buy Online in India
Raghav was suffering from toothache so he rushed to the nearest dental clinic. It was then he realised that his tooth had become dugout and he might need surgery. He looked at his health insurance plan and realised that his insurance policy does not cover dental treatment.
This happened because Raghav (at the time of buying his policy) was unaware of the fact that not all health insurance plans offer coverage for dental expenses. And he missed checking this feature while purchasing one. As a result, he had to pay the hospital bill from his saving. Sadly, the surgery was so expensive that it dug a deep hole in his pocket.
Precisely speaking, not all, but a few health insurance plans offer coverage for oral health or dental care. To avoid getting caught in a similar situation like Raghav’s, you must take up health insurance plans that cover dental expenses as well. Some insurers who have structured their health insurance plans to cover oral care include Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance, Apollo Munich Health Insurance, and Bharti AXA.
You can go for the following policies to enjoy dental treatment coverage benefits:
- Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Policy
- Bharti AXA Smart Health plan
- ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance (iHealth Value)
- Manipal Cigna Pro-Health Protect Plus
- Star Comprehensive
- Tata AIG Medicare Premier
Benefits of Dental Insurance Plans in India
Dental insurance plans take care of your oral health. These plans bring along many benefits. Some of them are listed below-
They cover all oral treatments, including critical illness or surgery
Many of them cover primitive care like medical check-ups (name of the plans)
- Some plans also offer a free consultation to the patient
There are many general insurance plans that come with dental treatment coverage feature in India.
1. Individual health insurance plans-
Individual health insurance plans cover dental insurance in additional benefits. Some may even include it in basic coverage features.
2. Critical illness plans-
Critical illness plans cover some specified critical illnesses. But many of these plans offer coverage for dental procedures as well.
3. Family floater health insurance plans-
Not many, but a few family floater health insurance plans offer coverage for dental procedures for the insured family members.
4. Preventive healthcare plans-
Sometimes health insurance plans that cover preventive healthcare plans like consultation cost or regular health check-ups also offer cover for dental procedures.
5. Personal accident cover-
Sometimes a personal accident insurance policy also covers dental expenses on the treatment required due to accident.
Over to You!
A better way out is to get dental cover benefits, either by choosing a plan that has it as a permanent inclusion or as an add-on benefit instead where you can pay a little extra premium and enjoy the dental cover.
Get in touch with InsuranceDekho for the best health insurance plans online or customise your health insurance plan to add dental care benefits.
Latest Health Insurance News
- Religare Enterprises to Rename the Insurance Subsi...
Religare Enterprises has reamed its health insurance arm as ...27 August 2020
- HDFC Ergo General Insurance Introduces Home Care B...
HDFC Ergo General Insurance has introduced “Home Care Expens...13 July 2020
- Health Insurance Companies Cannot Reject Claims Af...
As per the fresh set of guidelines issued by IRDAI, health i...16 June 2020
- Insurance Companies To Offer COVID-19 Specific Ins...
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India ...06 June 2020
- Unlock 1 Plan Begins: Things You Should Know
Unlock 1 guidelines. In unlock 1 states set to open, with ca...01 June 2020
People Also Read
- Best Dental Insurance Plans You can Buy Online in ...
Purchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. R...29 January 2020
- Best Cashless Health Insurance Policies in India
Buying cashless health insurance policy is the need of the h...12 April 2019
- Pre-Existing Disease Cover from Day One by Popular...
Health insurance companies with pre-existing disease cover f...18 September 2019
- 3 Easy Ways to Pay Premiums of United India Insura...
United India Insurance Company: Find 3 different modes of pa...03 October 2019
- Arogya Sanjeevani Policy of SBI General Insurance ...
Arogya Sanjeevani Policy of SBI is a comprehensive health in...24 April 2020
- Top 10 Health Insurance Plans in India
Find top ten health insurance plans in India. This includes ...20 March 2019
- Here's Presenting a List of All Health Insurance C...
If you have been looking for one of the best health insuran...15 April 2019
- Top Health Insurance Companies in India and Their ...
Wondering which are the best Health Insurance Companies in I...17 March 2019
- Top 5 Health Insurance Plans Available At Low Prem...
While looking for health insurance plans, we all search for ...12 April 2019
- Health Insurance for People Aged Above 70 Years? Y...
Health insurance for senior citizens aged above 70 years is ...30 January 2020