All You Need to Know About STAR Health Insurance Family Health Optima Plan
Updated On Dec 04, 2020
STAR Health Insurance offers a wide range of health insurance products at affordable prices to make health insurance every individual’s right. Single-handedly devoted to health insurance, STAR commenced its operation in 2006 to deliver the best to its customers.
Why Choose STAR?
One of the major benefits of buying STAR Health Insurance is that it involves no third party administrator. Instead, there is a direct in-house claim settlement. The claim settlement is faster and hassle-free. A wide network of more than 8,800+ hospitals across India and facility for maintaining personal health records in electronic format are other reasons why you should go for STAR Health insurance.
Brief About STAR Health Insurance Family Health Optima Plan
Talking about STAR Health Family Health Optima Insurance in this article, it gives protection to an individual family member for a single premium under a single sum insured that covers all the family members.
Benefits of Family Health Optima Plan
- Room, boarding and nursing expenses all inclusive as per the limits.
- Surgeon, Anaesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialist Fees, Oxygen, Operation Theatre, Diagnostics, imaging modalities, and Medicines and Drugs, Oxygen, Blood, Operation theatre, Diagnostic and Cost of the pacemaker.
- Ambulance charges for emergency transportation to the hospital as per specified limits.
- Air Ambulance charges up to 10% of the Basic Sum Insured during the entire policy period.
- Pre-Hospitalisation expenses up to 60 days prior to admission in the hospital.
- Post-hospitalisation expenses incurred up to 90 days after discharge from the hospital.
- Cover for medical treatment for a period exceeding three days in domiciliary hospitalisation.
- As far as organ donor expenses are concerned, cover up to 10% of the Sum Insured or Rs. 1,00,000, whichever is less.
- Expenses incurred towards the cost of health check-up up to the limits
- New Born Baby cover: Cover starts from 16th day after birth and subject to a limit of 10% of the Sum Insured or Rupees Fifty Thousand, whichever is less.
- In Emergency Domestic Medical Evacuation, the company reimburses the expenses incurred towards transportation of the insured person from the treating hospital to another one up to the limits.
- Compassionate Travel: The Company will reimburse the transportation expenses by air incurred up to Rs. 5,000/- for one immediate family member (other than the travel companion) for travel towards the place where the hospital is located.
- Repatriation of Mortal Remains: STAR reimburses up to Rs. 5,000/- towards the cost of repatriation of mortal remains of the insured person to the residence of the insured.
- Lump-sum for Treatment in Preferred Network Hospital: In the event of a medical contingency requiring hospitalisation, if the insured seeks advice from the Company, the Company may suggest an appropriate hospital from the network for treatment up to 1% of Basic Sum Insured subject to a maximum of Rs. 5,000/- per policy is payable as lump sum.
- Shared Accommodation is provided up to the limits.
- AYUSH treatment is provided up to the limits.
- Second Medical Opinion: The Insured Person can obtain a Medical Second Opinion from a Doctor in the Company’s network of Medical Practitioners
- Assisted Reproductive Treatment: The Company will reimburse medical expenses incurred on Assisted Reproduction Treatment, where indicated, for sub-fertility
- Waiting period of 36 months from the date of the first inception of this policy.
- Maximum liability of the Company for such treatment shall be limited to Rs.1 Lakh for sum insured of Rs. 5 Lakh and Rs. 2 Lakh for sum insured of Rs. 10 Lakh and above for every block of 36 months.
- Additional Sum Insured for RTA (Road Traffic Accident): If the insured person meets with a Road Traffic Accident resulting in in-patient hospitalisation, then the Basic sum insured shall be increased by 25% subject to a maximum of Rs. 5,00,000/-. This benefit is payable if the insured person was wearing a helmet and traveling in a two-wheeler either as a rider or as a pillion rider.
Automatic Restoration of Sum Insured is available 3 times at 100% every time during the policy period. Each restoration is operational once the earlier one is exhausted.
Recharge Benefit: Available up to the limits.
Bonus: Following a claim free year, a bonus of 25% of the expiring basic sum insured in the second year and an additional 10% for subsequent years (max. 100%) is allowed. In the event of a claim, the bonus is reversed in the same order in which it was given.
Family Health Optima Plan Eligibility
- Any person aged between 18 years and 65 years, residing in India, can take this insurance.
- Beyond 65 years only renewals
- Child from the 16th day of age can be covered as part of the family.
STAR Health Claim Service offers a hassle-free and customer-friendly process that ensures that all the settlements are just and are made timely. Customer feedback at STAR is valued as they work hard to meet and exceed their expectations.
So, this was the Super Saver Plan by STAR that covers the entire family under a single sum insured and loaded with extra benefits. For details about premium and other benefits, visit the official website of STAR Health or connect with India’s leading health insurance broker, Insurancedekho.com.
You can reach out to us email@example.com and our experts will get back to you to suggest the best health insurance plan for you and your family according to your requirements. Stay healthy, stay insured!