Air Ambulance Benefits in Aditya Birla Activ Assure Diamond Plan
Published On Mar 23, 2020, Updated On Feb 12, 2021
A medical emergency can strike, irrespective of time and place. Therefore, it’s always good to be ready with a health insurance that covers you for all mental, physical and financial concerns at a time like such.
While going through a piece of news, whether of India or any other country, you may have come across the term ‘airlift’. The reason I am mentioning this term in this article because it (the article) is dedicated to air ambulance cover in Aditya Birla’s Activ Assure – Diamond Plan.
Airlift means air ambulance service i.e. a type of service in which a plane or helicopter that is used to transfer sick or injured people to a hospital, in case of an emergency. Note that the air ambulance is fully equipped with all the medical equipment required for the patient.
Moreover, it is staffed by experts from the medical field. It is extremely helpful in flying sick or injured people to a medical facility that is quite far from their reach.
Air Ambulance in Aditya Birla’s Activ Assure – Diamond Plan.
The Aditya Birla’s Activ Assure – Diamond Plan comes with the International/Domestic Emergency Assistance Service. This feature provides the facility for the air ambulance. It helps transfer sick or injured people to a hospital, in case of both, domestic as well as international emergency.
• In case of Domestic emergency:
Medical assistance, inclusive of air ambulance cover (Emergency Medical Evacuation and Medical Repatriation (transport)) is provided when the insured is travelling within India for 150 km or more away from their residential address as mentioned in the policy schedule.
• In case of International emergency:
Medical assistance, inclusive of air ambulance cover (Emergency Medical Evacuation and Medical Repatriation (transport)) is provided out of India when the insured is travelling 150 km or more away from their residential address as mentioned in the policy schedule for a period of 90 days.
Reimbursement claims for expenses incurred for services arranged by the insured individual are not allowed unless agreed upon by Aditya Birla or their authorized representative.
In order to avail the benefit, a call to Aditya Birla call centre should be made with details on the name of the insured person and/or policyholder along with policy number, on the toll-free number specified in the policy schedule.
Air ambulance – When is it required?
Of extreme help in times of medical emergencies, air ambulance saves many lives in scenarios such as :
- If you get injured during a trip to a remote area and want transportation to a medical facility.
- If you need to be taken to the hospital, but it is not possible to take you by road.
- If it is important to transport you to the hospital in a swift manner.
- If you need specialized medical treatment during the transport.
- If you are taken to a medical facility or rehabilitation center for specialized treatment.
Patients with traumatic injuries, pregnancy complications, stroke, heart attack, respiratory issues and others generally require using an air ambulance facility.
Air ambulance – How much does it cost?
In general, the cost of an air ambulance in India starts from Rs. 1.6 Lakh and can go up to Rs. 2 Lakh.
However, the Aditya Birla’s Activ Assure – Diamond Plan provides coverage for air ambulance and can help in reducing the cost and offer support in arranging the transportation.
Why should you buy Activ Assure – Diamond Plan?
You can require air ambulance insurance according to your situation during a medical emergency.
It is important to understand that when it comes to an unfortunate medical emergency situation, no compromises can be made on time. You are generally not in a condition to refuse transport or negotiate the prices. At a time like such, you cannot deny availing any kind of transport service, especially when a trained medical staff has established the need for it.
Having air ambulance facility in Aditya Birla’s Activ Assure Diamond Plan by their side, you can prevent yourself from the inconvenience of any kind.
So, make sure you invest in health insurance Plan with air ambulance coverage so that even when you are at an inaccessible location, you can be taken care of.
By choosing the Aditya Birla’s Activ Assure – Diamond Plan with air ambulance cover, you will not only be able to save yourself from delay in transport due to road congestion and traffic but also avail the best medical care while being flown from your location to the hospital.
Exclusions under the Aditya Birla’s Activ Assure – Diamond Plan
Services are denied in case of:
- Travel is undertaken specifically for securing medical treatment.
- Suicide attempt.
- Commission of an unlawful act(s).
- Injuries due to acts of war or insurrection.
- Incidents involving drug usage unless prescribed.
- Transfer of the insured from one medical facility to another medical facility of similar capabilities, providing a similar level of care.
- Trips that exceed 90 days from a residential address without advanced notification to the insurer. (International)
Evacuation or repatriation of an insured person in case of:
- Lack of medical authorization.
- Patients with mental or nervous disorders unless hospitalized.
- Pregnancy beyond the end of the 28th week. Moreover, a child born while the insured individual was travelling beyond the 28th week.
- Simple injuries like sprains, mild lesions, simple fractures, or mild sickness that do not prevent insured from continuing their trip or return to home and treatable by a local medical practitioner.
Now that you are aware of the air ambulance facility in Aditya Birla’s Activ Assure- Diamond Plan.
To find out its policy term, the sum insured range, eligibility criteria, basic coverage and more, visit Activ Assure – Diamond.
For other plans by the insurer, don’t forget to check Aditya Birla Health Insurance.
In case of any confusion, you can get in touch with InsuranceDekho experts at 1800-1205-698.
Will health insurance policy cover medical expenses related to coronavirus (COVID-19)? Click to find the answer.