Online and Offline Process to Get Duplicate Car RC Copy
Published On Mar 01, 2021 11:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
A certificate of registration bears the same importance as that of a driving license. A certificate of registration shows that you have registered with the RTO for your car. You can get a duplicate RC easily if an RC (registration certificate) is misplaced.
A copy of the Registration Certificate (RC) is a paper showing the car is registered with the authority of the Regional Transport Office (RTO). However, if you lose your original RC book, what should you do? It is not hard to get a duplicate RC issued if you know the procedure well. Before you apply for the duplicate RC, you should also have all the appropriate documents in order.
Getting Duplicate Car Registration Certificate (RC) Offline
The following are the steps to be followed to get a duplicate RC.
- File an FIR with the nearest police station. Once you have lost your RC book, this must be the first step. Submit a local police report. Mention all about the car: the make and model, descriptions of the driver, number of the chassis, number of the engine, and registration number. Take 5 or 6 copies of the FIR and take it to the nearest office of RTO with you.
- Visit and get an RC extract from a nearby RTO centre. A resident may collect data from the vehicle owner (RC-Extract) about licensed transport vehicles and driving licenses from each of the state-wide RTO centres.
- File submission for a duplicate RC by submitting Form 26.
- To certify that you bought the car on a lease, you need to get your vehicle financer.
- Choose the option for 4-wheeler as the type of your vehicle.
- Request for insurance if you do not have one. Your order for a duplicate RC will be largely dependent on the insurance you possess. Therefore, just make sure it doesn't expire or has elapsed.
Supporting Documents Required
- Initial RC book in case of damage (damage comprise being torn, burnt, mutilated in any form, etc).
- Tax token and details of the last 4 quarters of tax payment
- Certificate of Insurance
- “No certificate of objection” (NOC) from the financial officer
- Valid emissions under a certificate of control
Getting Duplicate Registration Copy Online
The following are the steps to get duplicate car RC online -
- On the "Parivahan Sewa website", fill out the application form online. It would request details on "police verification" and insurance on the car. Please fill out the information and click on the send button.
- Send the service fee demanded online using the application form. Depending on if it is a 2-wheeler, 4-wheeler, LCV, HCV, etc, the fee differs.
- On successful payment, a receipt is generated, which must be submitted together with other documents at the office of the governing transport authority.
Supporting Documents Required
- Application Form 26
- Initial FIR/Police certificate copy
- Attested copy of the certificate of "Pollution under control" (PUC)
- Certified Copy of Valid Certificate of Insurance
- Certified copy of Address Proof
- Challan clearance in the case of motor vehicles from the traffic police & Enforcement Wing Transport Department*
- Tax clearance for motor vehicles from the Accounts Department
- Certified copy of a PAN Card/Form 60 and Form 61 (as applicable)
- Pencil Print of Chassis & Engine
- Signature Owner Identification
- Affidavit that RC is missing and not impounded
A Nigam Parshad/MLA/Public Notary/Gazetted Officer must validate the above copies. Once all the documents have been successfully obtained and checked, a duplicate RC will be given by the registration authority.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.