How To Check Car Insurance Details With Your Registration Number?
Published On Jan 12, 2022 11:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Learn how you can your car insurance details with your registration number.
Table of Contents
According to the Indian Motor Tariff, everyone who drives a car on the road is required to have insurance coverage. The third-party vehicle insurance coverage is the one that is required to be carried. It is the most basic insurance coverage that compensates a third party for injuries, property damage, and even death caused by an accident with your vehicle. However, a comprehensive auto insurance plan is usually suggested because it is meant to cover damages caused by a third party as well as your own vehicle.
How to Check Car Insurance Details With Registration Number?
The registration number of your vehicle is always connected with a car insurance policy when it is written. As a result, several websites allow you to verify the specifics of your auto insurance plan by just entering your registration number. You may obtain information about your automobile insurance coverage in the following ways:
- Visit the website of the RTO where your car is registered and enter your vehicle's registration number in the appropriate field before clicking "continue" to view the policy information.
- To find out more about your auto insurance plan, go to the State Transportation Department's website and input the registration number of your vehicle.
- To get the full details of your insurance plan, go to the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways' website and enter your vehicle's registration number.
- Enter the registration number of your automobile on the Insurance Information Bureau's website, which is formed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI), to verify the specifics of your car insurance plan.
Check Car Insurance Policy Details Via VAHAN
An automobile insurance policy's data may also be found at the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. To acquire auto insurance policy details, all you have to do is input your vehicle registration number. To get the insurance data for a car through the VAHAN portal, follow the procedures below:
- Go to VAHAN e-services' official website and click on the "Know Your Vehicle Details" link.
- To log in or establish an account, enter your mobile phone number.
- Enter the verification code after filling in the data such as the car's registration number.
Ways to Find Car Insurance Details by Registration Number
If you've forgotten your car insurance policy number or misplaced your policy paperwork, you may quickly locate vehicle insurance information by entering your registration number. Your auto insurance policy is tied to your vehicle registration number, so you may use it to verify insurance data. Here are a few methods for locating vehicle insurance information by registration number:
Use the techniques below to locate a car insurance policy number online using the vehicle's registration number:
- Visit the IIB's official website.
- You'll be led to the 'Accident Vehicle Information Retrieval System' if you click on 'V-Seva' under 'Quick Links.'
- Fill in the car owner's name and address.
- Enter the vehicle's registration number.
- Fill in the automobile owner's phone number and registered email address.
- Include the accident's location and date (if needed)
- Press the 'Submit' button.
- You will be able to get all of your vehicle's details.
Car insurance is required to keep vehicles financially secure and in compliance with the law. As a result, it's critical to renew your auto insurance coverage on time. If you don't have policy information but want to know when your policy will expire, you may use your car registration number to find out.
Do read - 10 Tips To Avail Lower Car Insurance Premium
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.