Roadside Assistance Add-on in Two-wheeler Insurance – 24×7 RSA Benefits
Published On Feb 26, 2021 11:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
The roadside assistance add-on can be bought with a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plan as well as with a standalone own-damage plan to increase the benefit of an insurance plan by many folds. Under this, emergency assistance is provided by the insurer to the two-wheeler riders, who have faced a breakdown on the road.
A number of insurance providers offer roadside assistance add-on with their insurance policies against an extra premium. This rider is available with both comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plans as well as standalone own-damage plans. This add-on helps you to reduce the inconvenience caused on the road due to any reason such as vehicle breakdown, fuel shortage, tyre puncture, etc.
Benefits of the 24x7 Roadside Assistance (RSA) Add-on
Following are the key benefits offered by the roadside assistance add-on which make it one of the most opted for bike insurance add-ons:
1. Instant Help
With this add-on added to the Bike insurance policy, one can inform the insurer about the location where the vehicle breakdown occurred and immediate help with being arranged. The mechanic will arrive at the breakdown location at the earliest and initiate repairs. If required, the vehicle can be towed to the nearby garage. The responsibility vests in the insurer to manage the situation.
2. Excellent Value for Money
Adding this rider to the insurance policy is not costly and will add only a slight increase in the premium. But by paying this small price it is possible to gain access to important and valuable services at the time of need.
3. Diverse Inclusions:
A lot of vehicle issues are covered under the RSA add-on, rendering absolute peace of mind for the policyholder. The vehicle problems that are covered under this rider are,
- Battery problems,
- Tyre issues
- Lost/stolen key
- Towing assistance,
- Fuel shortage
- Taxi benefit and accommodation benefit
- Pickup and drop facilities
Special Conditions to Avail the Benefits of the Add-On:
Though the policyholder has bought this add-on with the insurance policy, there are still some special conditions that are associated with the RSA cover for two-wheelers.
- The policyholders can avail of the services and the benefits that are mentioned in the terms and conditions of the Add-on
- The insurance company will offer the services as per local rules only.
- If the services cannot be provided under special circumstances, the insurer might arrange for the reimbursement of the repair cost, as per the limit of the sum insured.
- The RSA claims made by the insured will not affect the No claim bonus
- The cover is applicable only for mainland roads.
- The repair work should be undertaken only after the insurer consents, else the claim will be rejected.
Two Wheeler Insurance Comparison - Importance, Steps and More
IRDAI Guidelines For Bike Insurance Policies In India
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.