List of Top Bike Brands in India
Updated On Oct 13, 2023
Top 10 Bike Companies In India
In a nation where two-wheelers serve as a predominant means of transportation for many, India is home to several top bike brands, each offering a blend of style, efficiency, and power. From daily commuting to thrilling bike trips across the country, these bike brands in India provide options for every rider's need.
Table of Contents
Top 10 bike brands in India
Here’s a comprehensive list of all bike companies that you should check out!
1. Hero MotoCorp
As one of the largest two-wheeler manufacturers in the world, Hero MotoCorp has established itself as a household name in India. Its journey began with a joint venture with Honda, but it has since carved its own path after the partnership ended in 2010. Hero MotoCorp is celebrated for producing bikes that are both fuel-efficient and affordable, making mobility accessible to a vast segment of the population.
Hero offers a diverse range of two-wheelers, from the iconic Hero Splendor, renowned for its incredible mileage, to the Hero Xtreme, a favourite among younger riders seeking a bit of adventure. The brand consistently focuses on incorporating advanced technology and features that cater to the modern-day rider while ensuring that the price point remains competitive. Hero’s extensive network of dealerships and service centres across the country further enhances its popularity among consumers, providing ease of access and dependable after-sales service.
2. Bajaj Auto
Bajaj Auto is another iconic bike brand, with a rich history and strong presence in the Indian market. Known for crafting bikes that boast powerful performance and impressive fuel efficiency, Bajaj has a bike model for every type of rider.
The brand's Pulsar series has been a game-changer in the Indian biking landscape, attracting enthusiasts who crave speed and style. With their robust engines and sporty designs, Pulsar bikes continue to enjoy immense popularity among the youth. Bajaj's Discover and Platina series, on the other hand, cater to commuters looking for reliable, everyday bikes that offer great mileage. The company is also progressively venturing into the electric vehicle segment, heralding a new era of eco-friendly mobility solutions.
3. TVS Motor Company
TVS Motor Company, part of the larger TVS Group, has been a significant player in the Indian two-wheeler market since its inception. With a commitment to quality and innovation, TVS has introduced various popular bike models over the years.
TVS's Apache series is one of the best-selling sports bike ranges in the country, admired for its sleek design and powerful performance. For those seeking efficiency for daily commuting, the TVS Star City and Radeon are excellent choices, providing an optimal mix of comfort, durability, and fuel efficiency. TVS also engages in continuous research and development to introduce bikes with cutting-edge technology and features, like the TVS iQube Electric – their foray into the electric vehicle segment. With a broad network of dealers and service centres, TVS ensures that its customers receive prompt and efficient after-sales service, making it a trusted name in countless Indian households.
4. Royal Enfield
Royal Enfield is synonymous with classic, vintage-style motorcycles that exude an unmatched aura of elegance and timelessness. With a heritage that dates back to the early 1900s, Royal Enfield bikes are celebrated for their rugged simplicity and smooth riding experience.
The brand's signature offering, the Royal Enfield Bullet, has been a favourite amongst bike enthusiasts for decades, capturing hearts with its distinctive thumping sound and imposing presence. The Classic and Thunderbird series also draws a significant fan following, offering variations that suit different tastes and preferences. Royal Enfield motorcycles are ideal for long rides and adventure touring, providing a comfortable and exhilarating journey through various terrains. If you're someone who appreciates legacy and enjoys a leisurely ride through the city or countryside, Royal Enfield is the brand to consider.
5. KTM India
KTM India has swiftly climbed the popularity charts since its entry into the Indian market, particularly among young and passionate riders. Known for their bright orange frames and aggressive styling, KTM bikes are hard to miss on the road.
KTM's Duke and RC series are celebrated for their high-performance engines, advanced technology, and sharp handling, providing an adrenaline-pumping riding experience. The bikes are designed with a sporty aesthetic, making them a hit among individuals who seek thrill and excitement in their rides. KTM India also offers adventure motorcycles, designed for riders who love to explore off-beat paths and undertake long-distance travel. With a strong focus on delivering top-notch performance and creating a unique brand identity, KTM has carved a niche for itself among the youth in India.
6. Yamaha Motors
Yamaha Motors is a brand that embodies speed, style, and innovation. With a solid reputation worldwide, Yamaha has offered some iconic bikes to the Indian market, becoming a symbol of advanced technology and superior performance. Bikes like the Yamaha R15, MT-15, and the FZ series have received accolades for their sleek design, dynamic performance, and fantastic riding comfort.
Yamaha's portfolio is quite diverse, ranging from sporty, high-performance bikes to commuter motorcycles that are ideal for daily use. Each Yamaha bike is crafted meticulously with a focus on delivering a unique and exhilarating riding experience to the users. For riders looking for a blend of performance and style, Yamaha Motors stands out as an excellent choice.
7. Suzuki Motorcycle India Private Limited
Suzuki is a name synonymous with reliability and efficiency in the automotive industry. Suzuki Motorcycle India Private Limited (SMIPL) is committed to providing high-quality two-wheelers that cater to various needs and preferences of Indian consumers. The brand has made substantial strides with models like the Suzuki Gixxer, Intruder, and Access 125 scooter, all celebrated for their seamless performance and stylish appearance.
The Gixxer series, in particular, has won the hearts of young bike enthusiasts for its sporty looks and agile handling. Suzuki's two-wheelers are designed with precision, offering a balanced mix of power, efficiency, and comfort to the riders. Whether you're a daily commuter or a motorcycle aficionado, Suzuki offers a range of options that promise a satisfying and enjoyable ride.
8. Piaggio India
Piaggio, an Italian company with a significant global presence, has secured its spot in the Indian two-wheeler market with brands like Vespa and Aprilia. Vespa, known for its timeless design and classic appeal, offers premium scooters that exude elegance and style. These scooters have carved a niche for themselves, attracting a clientele that appreciates a blend of retro design with modern functionality.
Aprilia, on the other hand, caters to the sportier segment of the market with models like the SR series. These bikes are designed for enthusiasts who crave speed and performance, offering a thrilling riding experience without compromising on comfort. Piaggio’s vehicles are not only aesthetically pleasing but also equipped with advanced technology, making them a standout choice for riders in India.
9. Honda Motorcycle
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) is a leading player in the Indian two-wheeler industry, known for delivering products with cutting-edge technology and reliable performance. With an extensive lineup ranging from popular commuter bikes like Honda Shine and Unicorn to the adventurous CBR series, Honda covers every segment in the market.
Honda’s Activa, a gearless scooter, has been a game-changer in the industry, enjoying unparalleled popularity among riders of all ages due to its ease of use, durability, and fuel efficiency. The brand continues to innovate, introducing new models that cater to different riding preferences and needs, thereby maintaining a loyal customer base that values quality and performance.
10. Mahindra Two Wheelers Ltd.
Mahindra Two Wheelers Ltd. is a subsidiary of the larger Mahindra Group, well-known for its robust and reliable vehicles in India. Although relatively new to the two-wheeler segment, Mahindra has made a significant impact with a range of scooters and motorcycles that cater to different segments of the market. Their two-wheelers are celebrated for their sturdy build, innovative design, and efficient performance, making them a favoured choice for many riders across the country. Mahindra’s Gusto and Centuro models have garnered particular attention for their unique features and value-for-money proposition, further consolidating the brand's position in the market.
Now that you’ve gone through this all bike companies name list, let’s understand how to choose the right brand.
How to Choose the Right Bike Brand?
Selecting the appropriate bike brand is crucial as it determines the quality, performance, and longevity of your vehicle. Below are some considerations to help you make an informed decision:
- Brand Reputation: Opt for brands that have established a good reputation in the market for producing reliable and durable bikes.
- After-Sales Service: Consider the availability and quality of after-sales services offered by the brand. Efficient service support and accessible service centres are crucial for maintaining your bike in the long run.
- Spare Parts: Ensure that the spare parts of the chosen brand are readily available and reasonably priced.
- Resale Value: Some brands have a higher resale value than others. If you plan to upgrade or change your bike in the future, select a brand that offers a good return on investment.
- User Reviews: Pay attention to the feedback and reviews from existing users. They provide valuable insights into the real-world performance and issues of the bikes.
- Budget: Last but not least, your budget plays an essential role. Different brands offer various models across different price ranges. Choose a brand that offers the best value for money within your budget.
When selecting a bike brand, it is also advisable to take a test ride of the shortlisted models to get a feel of their performance, handling, and comfort. This hands-on experience will assist you in making a decision that aligns with your riding style and requirements.
Choosing a bike is an exciting endeavour but requires careful consideration of various factors including the brand, after-sales service, availability of spare parts, resale value, user reviews, and, most importantly, your budget. In India, there’s a plethora of esteemed bike brands offering a wide range of models to cater to different needs and preferences of riders. From the timeless reliability of Hero MotoCorp and the dynamic performance of Bajaj Auto, to the premium allure of Royal Enfield and the innovative designs of Mahindra, there’s something for every type of rider in the vibrant Indian two-wheeler market. When selecting a bike brand, ensure to align your choice with your riding requirements, aesthetic preferences, and financial plan to enjoy a satisfying and rewarding riding experience for years to come. Happy riding!
- Which bike brand is most popular in India?
- Hero MotoCorp is the most popular bike brand in India, known for its durable and fuel-efficient bikes.
- Which brand offers the best after-sales service?
- Most top brands like Hero, Honda, and Yamaha offer excellent after-sales services, with extensive service networks across the country.
- Does Royal Enfield manufacture bikes other than cruisers?
- Royal Enfield primarily manufactures cruiser bikes, known for their signature thumping sound and classic styling.
- Are KTM bikes suitable for daily commuting?
- While KTM bikes are known for performance and are ideal for enthusiasts, some models can be used for daily commuting as well.
- What kind of bikes does TVS Motor Company manufacture?
- TVS produces a wide range of two-wheelers, including scooters, commuter bikes, and sports bikes.
- Which brand offers the best resale value?
- Brands like Hero, Honda, and Royal Enfield generally offer better resale values due to their widespread popularity and reliability.
- Are there electric bikes available from these top brands?
- Some top brands have ventured into or are planning to enter the electric two-wheeler segment as the market evolves.
- Which brand should I choose for performance biking?
- For performance biking, brands like KTM, Yamaha, and Suzuki offer a range of sports bikes and performance-oriented models.
- How do I choose between Honda and Hero bikes?
- Both brands are reliable. Your choice should depend on specific models, your budget, and the type of bike you are looking for (commuter, sports, or scooter).
- Are there any upcoming bike brands in India to look out for?
- Several new and international bike brands are eyeing the Indian market, so it's advisable to stay tuned for upcoming launches and brand entries in the near future.