Is HDFC Ergo Bike insurance Good?
Updated On Sep 03, 2022
Is HDFC Ergo Bike insurance Good?
Table of Contents
In the bike insurance industry, HDFC ERGO is a well-known name. It has worked hard for many years to give its clients the greatest insurance support attainable. Its claim settlement ratio for FY 2019–20, which is 91.23%, demonstrates that the company has many happy customers.
Features Of Two-Wheeler Insurance Policies From HDFC Ergo Bike Insurance
The two-wheeler insurance policies offered by HDFC Ergo feature the following advantages:
- HDFC Ergo offers a variety of two-wheeler insurance products. These regulations are appropriate for each bike owner.
- Depending on your needs for coverage, you can get two-wheeler policies that are either annual or long-term.
- On your two-wheeler insurance coverage, HDFC Ergo provides you with a premium discount of up to 70%.
- The company's two-wheeler insurance plans are among the best thanks to several accolades and favourable ICRA ratings.
- The bike insurance plans from HDFC Ergo allow for limitless claims.
- The HDFC Ergo two-wheeler insurance coverage they offer can be purchased online with little paper required.
Types Of Bike Insurance Plan Offered By HDFC Ergo General Insurance
The following three types of bike insurance plans are offered by HDFC Ergo General Insurance -
- Comprehensive Insurance For One Year:
The following are covered under the Comprehensive Insurance for One Year Plan
- Accidents-related harm done to the bike
- Bike damage brought caused by a fire, lightning strike, explosion, or self-ignition
- Bicycle theft or robbery
- Disasters caused by human action, such as riots, malevolent behaviour, terrorist operations, etc. that cause damage to the bike.
- Natural disaster-related damage to the bike, including earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, landslides, etc.
- The bike has caused property damage to third parties.
- Any person other than the bike owner who suffers a fatality or serious physical harm
Comprehensive Long-Term Insurance
The following are covered under the Comprehensive Long Term Insurance
- Damage brought on by calamities caused by nature, such as floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc.
- Damage brought on by man-made disasters, such as terrorism, rioting, etc.
- Accidents-related losses in damages
- Bicycle loss or theft
- Fire, explosion, or implosion-related damages
- Third party responsibility for property damage or bodily harm to anyone
- Mandatory personal accident insurance with a 15 lakh rupee accidental death and disability coverage.
Third Party Liability Only Insurance
The damage to the bike itself is not covered by these policies. Coverage is only allowed in the following circumstances:
- Death of any person in a bike-related accident. In this instance, the coverage is unrestricted.
- Any person who sustains physical harm in an accident involving the bike
- Any individual's property may be harmed as a result of the bike.
- Additionally, a 15 lakh rupee personal accident insurance policy is required. This offers protection against accidental death and disablement and pays a lump sum if the bike's owner or driver experiences one of these calamities.
Bike Insurance Add-ons Offered By HDFC Ergo Two-Wheeler Insurance:
Add-ons are optional extra coverage benefits that can be selected by paying a higher premium. The range of coverage under the bike insurance policy is widened by add-ons. Whether the policy is an annual or long-term one, only comprehensive bike insurance packages offer add-ons.
- Zero Depreciation Cover
If you file a claim under your two-wheeler insurance coverage, any damaged bike parts may be replaced or fixed. The insurance company would subtract depreciation due to usage when determining the claim payable for the replacement or repairs of the parts.
The insurance company would subtract depreciation due to usage when determining the claim payable for the replacement or repairs of the parts.
- Coverage For Emergency Services
If your bike breaks down in the middle of the road, this add-on guarantees you 24 hour assistance from the insurance company.
Some of the top bike insurance plans available are provided by HDFC Ergo. As a result, you can select the best policy according to your coverage requirements and benefit from thorough protection and simple claim processing.
Also read: Advantages Of Reliance Bike Insurance