Important Motorcycle Safety Tips For Pillion Riders
Published On Jan 05, 2021 6:00 PM By InsuranceDekho
5 Important Motorcycle Safety Tips For Pillion Riders
Riding a two-wheeler is not an easy task indeed. You must be thoroughly aware of the safety tips, especially when traveling with a pillion rider. In fact, not only the bike riders but the pillion riders also have some role to play when it comes to having a safe ride. They are required to play the role of a supportive mate in order to make the ride smooth and safe as much as possible.
But, how can you be a good pillion rider?
Here are some suggestions that will help you play the role with utmost perfection:
- Avoid Your Unnecessary Body Movement: One of the most important things required to ride a two-wheeler safely is perfect balancing. As the name suggests, a two-wheeler runs on two wheels and requires thoughtful balance distribution. You, as a pillion rider, are an important part of road safety protocol and hence should always avoid any unnecessary movement that may distract the rider. It is always better to communicate with the rider in case you want to make any major movement as arbitrary movement is a big NO.
- Concentrate on the Road: Just like a co-pilot in an air cock-pit is equally responsible for a safe flight, you as a pillion rider are equally responsible for the safe ride on the road. Hence, you must keep vigilant eyes on the road, and the rider can keep his eyes open on the front. You should always help the rider in enhancing safety by being his/her second eye. But remember not to pull the attention of the rider towards every other thing that you see.
- Don’t Distract the Rider: Try not to distract the rider by drawing his/her attention towards every other beautiful thing that is passing by. All you can do is let the rider ride with his best concentration on the road.
- Do Not Doze Off: Do not sleep when you are riding. There is little job to do for you as a pillion rider but that does not mean that you can stay unconscious as it will definitely hamper the balance of the vehicle.
- Avoid Leaning on or Putting Weight on the Rider: It is not at all wise to lean on to the shoulders of the rider no matter how much you need to whisper in his/her ear. This is because it may hamper the body's motion and may disbalance the vehicle. In case you feel a sudden jerk, then you can hold the rail to get support. This will save you both from any accident.
These were some basic motorcycle safety tips that you must follow as a pillion rider. You must be already aware of some but may not always follow them. These safety tips are vital by following which you can really be an ideal pillion rider, which is the most wanted company for any two-wheeler rider.
You May Also Like to Read:
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.