NOC for Bike: No Objection Certificate for Two-Wheeler Online
Updated On Oct 18, 2023
How To Get NOC for Bike Online?
Navigating the bureaucracy of vehicle documentation can often feel like an uphill ride on rough terrain, especially when it involves obtaining necessary clearances like the No Objection Certificate (NOC) for your bike. The digital era, however, has eased this journey significantly, making it smoother and more manageable. This guide aims to shed light on the intricacies of acquiring a NOC for your bike, focusing on leveraging online platforms to simplify the process and save valuable time.
Table of Contents
- What is an NOC for Bike?
- Why is NOC Important?
- How to Apply for NOC Online?
- How to Get the NOC for Bike from Your Bank?
- How to get the bike NOC from RTO?
- Is NOC Mandatory for Two Wheeler?
- Bike NOC Download Steps
- Do You Need the NOC for Bike Loan?
- What is the validity of noc for two wheeler and Cost for NOC?
- Documents Needed to Get an NOC for Bike
- How to Cancel the NOC?
- Things to Keep in Mind Before Getting Your NOC
What is an NOC for Bike?
An NOC, or No Objection Certificate (which is the bike noc full form), is a legal document issued by the Regional Transport Office (RTO). It is a crucial certificate, signifying that the authorities have no objections against the transfer of your bike from one state to another or within different jurisdictions of the same state. Essentially, the bike NOC paper plays a pivotal role when you are:
- Selling Your Bike: If your buyer resides in a different state or a separate RTO jurisdiction within the same state, a noc certificate for bike becomes necessary.
- Relocating: When you’re moving to a new state or a different RTO jurisdiction due to personal or professional reasons, acquiring an NOC for your bike is mandatory to re-register it in the new location.
The NOC stands as a testament that there are no pending dues, challans, or legal issues tied to the vehicle. It ensures a seamless transition process, clarifying that the bike is free from any legal discrepancies or financial liabilities in the previous jurisdiction.
Getting this certificate might seem daunting, but the advancement of technology and digitisation of RTO services have made it possible to obtain an NOC for your bike online, reducing the procedural complexities and hassle. So, let's gear up and navigate the road to obtaining an NOC for your bike online!
Why is NOC Important?
Obtaining an NOC is not just another bureaucratic hoop to jump through; it holds significant legal value and relevance in the domain of vehicle management and transfers. Let’s explore why an NOC for vehicle is indispensable:
- Legal Clearance: A vehicle NOC paper acts as a comprehensive clearance certificate, verifying that there are no outstanding legal issues, pending fines, or dues associated with the bike. It certifies that the vehicle is not stolen and is free from any undisclosed liabilities.
- State-to-State Transfer: When transferring your bike to a different state, an NOC is mandatory. It facilitates the re-registration process in the new state, ensuring a smooth transition and legal continuity in terms of vehicle documentation.
- Change of Ownership: During the sale of a bike to a person residing in a different RTO jurisdiction, the NOC for two wheeler serves to validate the transaction, confirming the vehicle's legitimacy and the absence of legal complications.
- Re-registration: The two wheeler NOC certificate for bike is a precursor to the re-registration process in a different state or RTO jurisdiction. It's a requisite for obtaining local registration marks and ensuring compliance with the new state’s motor vehicle rules.
How to Apply for NOC Online?
Wondering how to apply for NOC for two wheeler online? Getting an NOC is no longer an ordeal involving endless queues and cumbersome paperwork at the RTO. Here’s a streamlined process to apply for your bike’s NOC online:
- Visit the Parivahan Portal: Head over to the official Parivahan Sewa website. Navigate through ‘Online Services’ and choose ‘Vehicle Related Services’.
- Enter Vehicle Details: You’ll be required to enter details such as the bike's registration number and other pertinent information. Follow the prompts and ensure accuracy in providing the necessary details.
- Choose NOC: From the available options, select ‘Apply for No Objection Certificate’ and proceed to fill in the requisite details.
- Submit Application: Complete the application form by filling in the required fields. Ensure all information is accurate to avoid future complications.
- Upload Documents: Attach the necessary documents such as proof of identity, address, and other relevant vehicle documents. Ensure that the documents are legible and correctly uploaded.
- Payment: After successfully submitting the documents and application form, you will be redirected to a payment gateway. Complete the transaction as per the specified fees.
- Confirmation: Post-payment, a confirmation will be generated. Save this for future references, as it will be necessary during the follow-up process.
- Tracking: You can track the status of your NOC application online through the application number or the vehicle's registration number.
Remember, the digitised process is not just convenient but also expedites the NOC acquisition, facilitating a smoother, more efficient way to manage your bike’s legal documentation. So, ride the digital wave and manoeuvre the NOC process with ease and confidence!
How to Get the NOC for Bike from Your Bank?
If you've purchased your bike on loan from a bank, getting an NOC (No Objection Certificate) is a crucial step in confirming that you’ve paid off your loan and there are no outstanding dues. Here's a guide on how to secure your NOC from the bank:
- Final Loan EMI: Ensure that you’ve paid all your loan EMIs. Double-check with the bank to confirm that there are no pending dues or outstanding amounts.
- Request for NOC: Contact your bank through a visit, call, or email, expressing your intent to receive the NOC. Some banks offer online services where you can request the NOC via their portal.
- Submission of Documents: The bank may require you to submit certain documents or fill in a form as part of the process. Ensure that all information provided is accurate and up-to-date.
- Verification by the Bank: The bank will verify all your documents and payment records. It will ensure that there are no outstanding payments before issuing the NOC.
- Issuance of NOC: Upon successful verification, the bank will issue an NOC, stating that there are no outstanding dues and that the bank has no objection to the transfer or termination of the loan agreement.
- Collection or Delivery: Depending on the bank’s procedure, you might have to collect the NOC in person or it could be sent to your registered address. Some banks also offer an e-NOC, which will be sent to your registered email.
How to get the bike NOC from RTO?
An NOC from the Regional Transport Office (RTO) is essential in various scenarios, such as when you are relocating to a different state with your bike, selling your bike to someone residing in a different state, or re-registering your vehicle in another state.
Here’s how you can obtain an NOC from the RTO:
1. Application Submission:
- Submit an application in Form 28 (No Objection Certificate), along with the necessary documents such as Registration Certificate (RC), bike insurance, emission test certificate, etc., to the RTO where your bike is registered.
2. Police Verification:
- The RTO may require a police verification to ensure there are no legal issues or criminal activities associated with the vehicle.
3. Payment of Fees:
- Pay the required fees for the NOC as stipulated by the RTO. This fee might vary based on the state and the specific RTO’s guidelines.
4. NOC Issuance:
- After processing your application and verifying the details, the RTO will issue an NOC. This process may take a few days, and the NOC can be collected in person or received via post.
Having an NOC from the RTO ensures that your bike is legally free from any regional transport obligations in the state where it was initially registered, allowing you to proceed with re-registration or transfer processes in another state.
Is NOC Mandatory for Two Wheeler?
Yes, obtaining a No Objection Certificate (NOC) is mandatory when you are relocating your two-wheeler from one state to another or selling it to a person residing in a different state. An NOC is a legal document that certifies there are no pending dues or legal liabilities against the vehicle. It is issued by the Regional Transport Office (RTO) and ensures a smooth transition process while changing the vehicle’s registration from one state to another or transferring ownership.
Having an NOC ensures that the process of selling or relocating the vehicle complies with legal requirements, preventing future disputes or legal complications. If you are moving temporarily, consult the local RTO to understand if an NOC is necessary based on the duration and nature of your stay.
Bike NOC Download Steps
Getting an NOC for your bike has become more straightforward, thanks to digitalisation. Below are the general steps to download the NOC:
- Visit the Official RTO Website or Portal:
- Start by visiting the official website of the RTO where your vehicle is registered.
- Navigate to the NOC Section:
- Look for the option that allows you to apply for an NOC. This might be under services such as "Vehicle Services", "Online Services", or something similar.
- Fill Out the Application Form:
- You will typically have to fill out the application form, known as Form 28. Ensure that all the details entered are accurate.
- Upload Necessary Documents:
- Upload scanned copies of required documents such as Registration Certificate (RC), insurance policy, Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate, etc.
- If there is a fee applicable for the NOC, you will be directed to a payment gateway. Make the payment as per the instructions.
- Confirmation and Download:
- After successful submission and payment, you will receive a confirmation. You can download the NOC after it has been processed and issued by the RTO.
- Print the NOC:
- Print the downloaded NOC for your records and for further processes related to re-registration or transfer of the vehicle.
Remember that the exact steps might vary slightly based on the specific RTO’s portal and processes. Always refer to the instructions provided on the official website to ensure accuracy and compliance with the latest guidelines.
Do You Need the NOC for Bike Loan?
An NOC (No Objection Certificate) is a crucial document if you have purchased a bike on loan. After you have completed all loan repayments, it is essential to obtain an NOC from your lender (bank or financial institution). The NOC is a legal testimony stating that you have cleared all dues and there are no outstanding payments left against your bike loan. It signifies the closure of the loan process.
Having an NOC from your lender ensures that the bike is now legally and entirely owned by you, without any pending financial liabilities. It helps in avoiding legal troubles and complications when you decide to sell or transfer the ownership of your bike in the future.
What is the validity of noc for two wheeler and Cost for NOC?
- Validity: The validity of an NOC varies based on the local RTO regulations and the purpose of the NOC. For vehicle re-registration, it generally remains valid for a period of six months. It’s imperative to initiate the required processes within this validity period to avoid complications.
- Cost: The charges for issuing a NOC can vary based on the bank's policies and the regional RTO’s guidelines. Generally, the fees can range anywhere from nominal to moderate. Additionally, there might be some miscellaneous expenses such as postage charges or online transaction fees.
In some cases, if the NOC is specifically for the termination of the loan agreement and there are no pending dues, the bank might issue the NOC without any additional charges. It’s advisable to confirm the exact fees and charges with your respective bank.
Ensuring that you receive the NOC from your bank post-loan settlement is imperative, as it is a legal certification verifying your complete ownership of the bike and the conclusion of all financial obligations towards the bank. Keep it safe and readily available for any future legal or transactional requirements.
Documents Needed to Get an NOC for Bike
Securing an NOC (No Objection Certificate) for your bike involves submitting a few essential documents to validate your application. The process ensures that all legal and procedural aspects are covered. Here’s a list of documents generally required:
- Application for NOC (Form 28): A duly filled application form is the cornerstone of your NOC application. It is available at the RTO or can be downloaded online.
- Registration Certificate (RC): Your bike’s RC acts as the primary identification document. It validates the details of your vehicle and ownership.
- Insurance Document: A copy of your bike’s insurance policy is required to prove that your vehicle is insured and that the policy is valid.
- Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate: An updated PUC certificate is needed to confirm that your bike meets the necessary emission standards.
- Driving License: A copy of your driving license to verify your identity and driving eligibility.
- Address Proof: Documents such as Aadhar card, passport, or utility bills that act as proof of your current address.
- Bike’s Invoice: Some RTOs might require a copy of your bike’s purchase invoice for added verification.
How to Cancel the NOC?
Cancelling an NOC involves its own set of procedures, and it might be necessary if there’s a change in plans or errors in the document. Here are the steps to cancel an NOC:
- Visit the RTO: Start by visiting the RTO that issued the NOC. Carry the original NOC along with all relevant documents.
- Submission of Documents: You might be required to submit copies of the NOC, RC, and other relevant documents. Ensure you have all necessary documents to avoid any delays.
- Letter of Request: Write a formal request letter addressing the RTO, explaining the reasons for the cancellation of the NOC. Be concise and clear in your explanation.
- Verification Process: The RTO will initiate a verification process, checking the validity of your documents and the reasons cited for cancellation.
- Cancellation Approval: Post verification, if all criteria are met, the RTO will approve the cancellation of the NOC.
- Revised Documents: After cancellation, you might receive revised documents, or endorsements might be made to existing documents to indicate the cancellation of the NOC.
Remember to keep all your documents organised and ensure that the information provided is accurate to facilitate a smooth cancellation process. It’s always advisable to seek clarification from the RTO officials to comply with specific regional regulations and guidelines.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Getting Your NOC
Obtaining an NOC (No Objection Certificate) for your bike is a significant step, and there are several key considerations that you should bear in mind before initiating the process:
- Verification of Documents: Ensure that all the documents you are submitting, such as the Registration Certificate (RC), insurance documents, and Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate, are accurate and up to date.
- Regional RTO Guidelines: Different Regional Transport Offices (RTOs) might have varying procedures and requirements. It's essential to familiarise yourself with the specific guidelines of the RTO relevant to your application.
- Outstanding Dues: Ensure there are no outstanding dues or legal issues associated with your bike. Resolve any pending matters to avoid complications during the NOC process.
- Address and Details: Double-check the personal details, such as your address and contact information, ensuring they are accurate and updated in the RTO records.
- Bank NOC: If your bike was bought on a loan, ensure that you have an NOC from the bank or financial institution, indicating that all dues have been cleared.
An NOC is a crucial document that plays a vital role in various legal and procedural aspects related to your bike, particularly when relocating or selling your vehicle. It acts as a formal certification negating any legal objections over the vehicle's relocation or ownership transfer.
Understanding the NOC's importance, the application process, and necessary considerations are fundamental. Equipping yourself with the correct knowledge ensures that you navigate the process smoothly, making it as efficient and hassle-free as possible. Remember always to keep your documents organised, stay updated on regional guidelines, and ensure your vehicle-related dues and formalities are up to date to secure your NOC without any difficulties.
- What is the primary purpose of an NOC for a bike?
- An NOC (No Objection Certificate) is essential when you're relocating to a different state or selling your bike to someone from another state. It signifies that there are no legal objections or pending dues related to the vehicle.
- Can I apply for an NOC online?
- Yes, you can apply for an NOC online through the official website of the Regional Transport Office (RTO) or other authorised platforms. You’ll need to fill out forms and upload necessary documents.
- What documents are required for obtaining an NOC for a bike?
- Essential documents include the vehicle's Registration Certificate (RC), insurance papers, Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate, and proof of all taxes paid.
- Do I need an NOC from my bank or lender?
- Yes, if your bike was purchased with a loan, you would need an NOC from the lender, confirming that all dues are cleared and there are no outstanding loans against the vehicle.
- How long is the NOC valid for?
- An NOC is generally valid for six months. If you don’t re-register the vehicle within this period, you might have to apply for an NOC again.
- How much does it cost to get an NOC for a bike?
- The cost of obtaining an NOC can vary based on the RTO and state regulations. It's advisable to check with the local RTO for the most accurate and current fees.
- Can I cancel my NOC if I decide not to relocate or sell my bike?
- Yes, you can cancel the NOC by applying to the RTO where the NOC was issued, and you might have to submit additional documents and fees for the cancellation.
- What happens if I don’t apply for an NOC when relocating to a different state?
- Not applying for an NOC and failing to re-register your vehicle in the new state may lead to legal complications, penalties, and your vehicle could be impounded.
- What should I do if my NOC expires?
- If your NOC expires, you should contact the issuing RTO promptly to understand the necessary procedures and guidelines for reapplying or renewing the NOC.
- Can I travel across states with my bike without an NOC?
- Temporary travel might not require an NOC, but for long-term relocation, an NOC and re-registration of the vehicle in the new state are mandatory to avoid legal complications.