How To Apply For Two Wheeler Insurance In India: Online And Offline Process
Updated On Mar 25, 2021
Have you ever wondered about the processes of applying for two wheeler insurance in India, be it online or offline? Read on to find out about these two processes, alongside the various benefits that each provide.
Buying two-wheeler insurance for your bike is compulsory by law, and also the smart and responsible choice as it will give you financial cover from any unforeseen circumstances, accidents, or other mishaps that may befall you and cause damage to your two-wheeler. It is important to be aware of the process of buying two wheeler insurance before you initiate it.
When buying a two-wheeler, you must factor in the cost of buying insurance also. Insurance can be purchased offline, and also online, with the advent of digitisation. The two processes have their own benefits which you should be acquainted with.
How To Buy Two-Wheeler Insurance Offline?
The offline method is extremely common when it comes to buying two wheeler insurance. Take the following steps to buy two wheeler insurance offline.
Steps to Follow
- STEP 1: Visit the office of the insurance company.
- STEP 2: Interact with the insurance company’s representative and get in-depth details about the insurance policy that is available to you.
- STEP 3: Ask any questions that you may have and get answers on the spot.
- STEP 4: Provide all required documents and make the payment.
How To Buy Two-Wheeler Insurance Online?
With the world being increasingly digitised, the two wheeler insurance space is no different, and allows you to purchase two wheeler insurance online without having to visit any in person branch of the insurance company. The following steps would be involved in the process of buying two wheeler insurance online.
Steps to Follow
- STEP 1: Visit the website of any insurance company, or ideally a third party website that provides details of different insurance companies.
- STEP 2: Enter the details of your vehicle that are asked.
- STEP 3: View the different premium options suggested to you, compare the coverages as well as the different insurance companies, and decide which option is best for you. You will also be able to add a good mix of add-on covers to help you decide how much coverage you need, and how much is appropriate for your budget.
- STEP 4: Upload the required documents.
- STEP 5: Make the premium payment using any online payment method.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.