Health InsuranceHealth insurance help lower your risk of being burdened by expenses for preventive care or medical bills as a result of an illness or accident. You should consider adequate medical insurance coverage for your current Health needs.offered by insurers
How To Buy Health Insurance ?
- Fill Your Details
Enter your Name and Mobile Number. Tell us when you plan to buy a health insurance policy and click on ‘View Instant Quotes’ to proceed.
- Compare Health Insurance Quotes
Quotes customized as per your details will appear on your screen. Choose a health insurance plan which best suits your requirements.
- Make Payment Online
Choose the tenure of the selected health insurance plan, enter the required details & proceed with the payment. And you’re done!.
Benefits of Health Insurance
What is Health Insurance?
Health insurance is an agreement under which an insurance company promises to reimburse the medical expenses incurred by the policyholder. The insurance coverage generally includes costs incurred for hospitalisation, medicines, specialist/doctor/surgeon as well as cost incurred during pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation. There are various types of health insurance policies that can be purchased by individuals and families. These include individual health insurance policies, family floater plans, senior citizen health plans, women specific health insurance policies, disease specific plans, etc. A policyholder can extend the coverage of a plan with the help of health insurance add-ons like hospital daily cash cover, maternity cover, room rent waiver, etc. by paying an additional premium amount. There are various benefits of having a health insurance plan. Besides providing you with the insurance coverage for medical expenses, a health insurance plan provides peace of mind by providing financial stability in times of emergencies. It ensures that you get timely and required medical treatment. It also helps you avail tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961. To ensure hassle-free services and smooth claim settlement facilities, insurance companies have tie-ups with many hospitals. These hospitals are known as network hospitals. In the absence of any tie-up, i.e. if the treatment is availed at a non-network hospital, then the insurer reimburses the medical expenses to the policyholder.
A health insurance plan provides you with financial stability during medical emergencies which may involve huge healthcare costs. A health insurance plan offers coverage for expenses incurred during in-patient hospitalization along with that incurred pre & post-hospitalization up to the promised sum insured.
Peace of Mind
A health insurance plan helps you maintain peace of mind by taking care of all financial needs related to the medication.
Timely and Good Quality Medical Treatment
A health insurance plan helps you in getting timely and good quality medical treatment. Insurance companies have tie-ups with hospitals where you can get medical treatment in a cashless manner without any paperwork or any other hassle.
The premium paid for a health insurance plan qualifies for a tax deduction of up to Rs. 25,000 and Rs. 50,000 for individuals below 60 years of age and individuals above 60 years respectively under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Popular Health Insurance Companies
Frequently asked questions (FAQ’s)
What is Health Insurance?
Health Insurance is a type of insurance plan wherein an insurance company promised to compensate the policyholder(s) for the expenses incurred on medical treatment subject to the sum insured mentioned in the policy.
How to get health insurance from InsuranceDekho.com?
InsuranceDekho.com is an online platform that lets you compare health insurance quotes of top-rated insurance companies on the basis of requirements and helps you choose the best health insurance policy for you.
What is a family floater health insurance plan?
A family floater plan is a type of health insurance plan under which the insurance coverage is available to the entire family rather than just one individual against the payment of a single premium. Generally, a family plan consists of 5 members of the family - self, spouse and up to 4 children. However, this can vary from insurance company to insurance company.
What is arogya sanjeevani health insurance policy?
Arogya Sanjeevani Policy is a Standard Health Insurance Product (SHIP) which is offered by all health insurance companies with exactly the same benefits. For this plan, no medical check-ups are required for people who are not older than 45 years and have no medical history.
What is health insurance claim settlement ratio?
A claim settlement ratio refers to the percentage of claims settled by a health insurance company out of the total claims received by it during a financial year. The higher the claim settlement ratio, the better it is.
What is co-payment in health insurance?
Co-payment refers to the share of claim amount borne by the policyholder/insured at the time of claim settlement. However, a co-payment does not reduce the sum insured.
What tax benefits are available with health insurance plans?
Individuals below 60 years of age can claim a tax deduction of up to Rs. 25,000 and individuals above 60 years can claim a tax deduction of up to Rs. 50,000 under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act on their health insurance premium.
What are daycare treatments?
A daycare treatment refers to medical treatment, and/or surgical procedure undertaken under general or local anaesthesia in a hospital/daycare centre in less than 24 hours because of technological advancement.
What is a free-look period?
A free-look period is the time period during which a health policyholder can review the terms and conditions of their health insurance policy, and return the same if not acceptable.
What is a waiting period in health insurance?
A waiting period refers to the time span after the purchase of the policy during which a policyholder cannot claim any benefit from the insurance company. All health insurance benefits can be claimed only after the expiry of the waiting period of the health insurance plan.
Health Insurance Articles
- Latest Articles
- Popular Articles
- Health Insurance to Tackle Lifestyle Diseases in I...
If you are young and have still not contacted any life-thre...14 April 2021
- Best National Health Insurance Plans to Buy in 202...
There are various kinds of health insurance plans offered by...14 April 2021
- Top SBI Health Insurance Plans to Buy in 2021
There are various types of health insurance plans provided b...14 April 2021
- Seasonal diseases in India
During the seasonal changes, the human body is more vulnerab...13 April 2021
- Benefits of Long Term Health Insurance
In today's time, buying a health insurance plan is considere...13 April 2021
- Simple Ways To Spend Your Free Time During Corona...
Want to know how to spend time at home during coronavirus lo...26 March 2020
- How to Check Star Health Insurance Policy Status a...
Do you want to check Star Health Insurance policy status onl...21 September 2020
- Government Schemes for the Benefit of Senior Citiz...
The government has many schemes to aid the senior citizens o...09 November 2020
- Best Dental Insurance Plans You can Buy Online in ...
Purchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. R...29 January 2020
- Deadliest Diseases in India
India is challenged by some deadliest diseases. Explore a l...27 April 2020
Choose a Health Insurance Plan For
Why choose InsuranceDekho ?
- Instant policy issuance
- Dedicated support team
- Quotes from multiple insurers
Happy Customers6093 Reviews
- Hassle-free digital policyInsuranceDekho offers hassle-free digital health insurance policy issuance for its customers. The issuance is free from ...ICICI LombardBy Sahana DuttaOn:14th April, 2021
- Easy to purchase health top-upsMy existing health policy from Max Bupa was getting exhausted, so I was looking for solutions. I came to InsuranceDekho ...Max BupaBy Parimal GuhaOn:14th April, 2021
- Policy for seniorsWhile looking for a health insurance plan for my grandparents, I came across InsuranceDekho. Within a few seconds of lan...NationalBy Vimal PandeyOn:14th April, 2021
- Claim settlement was simpleOn InsuranceDekho, I made a cashless claim under United India’s Family Medicare Policy after having a minor surger...United IndiaBy Tuhin DasOn:14th April, 2021
- Renewal instructions were easy to followI renewed Bajaj Allianz’s Women Specific Critical Illness Insurance in a jiffy by just following the easy-to-follo...Bajaj AllianzBy Sunny BahlOn:14th April, 2021
How to buy health insurance?
Eligibility Criteria to Buy Health Insurance
Buying a health insurance policy is essential because medical care, especially in the private sector is expensive and can burn a hole in your pocket. To avoid a tough situation during medical emergency or illness, paying a small annual premium can certainly help to lessen your stress.
You can easily purchase a good insurance plan online that usually covers expenses incurred towards doctor consultation fees, ambulance services, hospitalization to a certain extent. Here are the eligibility criteria-
- Entry age for adults- 18-65 years (exclusive plans are provided for people above 70 years of age.)
- Entry age for children-90 days-18 years.
Buying a health insurance policy during early age can be cost-effective as one might not necessarily have to undergo medical tests conducted by the insurers.
Documents Required to Buy Health Insurance Online
There are a few documents that you must be able to show to buy a health insurance policy online. These are-
- Age proof: Either of the following-Birth Certificate, 10th or 12th mark sheet, Driving License, Passport, Voter’s ID, etc.
- Identity proof: Either of-Passport, Driving License, Voter ID, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, which proves one’s citizenship.
- Address proof: Either of-Electricity bill, Ration Card, Telephone Bill, Passport, Driving License with your permanent address clearly mentioned on it.
- Medical check-up: Some plans require health check-up to ensure that the individual is not suffering from any chronic illness.
The Process to Buy Health Insurance Online
You can buy a health insurance policy online in a few easy steps-
- Fill in the details of your basic requirements to get the best results of health insurance plans matching your needs.
- Compare health insurance plans and decide wisely on which insurer to invest in.
- Opt for a plan that matches your requirements and be insured within a few minutes.
- Fill in the online proposal form with your necessary details for further reference.
- Upload your documents.
- Make payment for the chosen plan.
- The health insurance plan has now got you covered.
Health Insurance News
- New COVID-19 Restrictions for 15 Days in Maharasht...
Maharashtra has announced a set of new Covid-19 restrictions...14 April 2021
- Diarrhoea, Body Ache Reported As New Common Covid-...
Latest reports suggest that the government hospitals in Delh...14 April 2021
- Sputnik V Covid-19 Vaccine Recommended For Emergen...
Russia’s Sputnik V has gained emergency use approval from th...13 April 2021
- UK Covid-19 Variant Doesn’t Increase Severity of I...
A recent study has found that the UK Covid-19 variant is not...13 April 2021
- Decision on Maharashtra Covid-19 Lockdown To Come ...
As per Maharashtra Health Minister, the state government wil...12 April 2021
- Health Insurance Companies Cannot Reject Claims Af...
As per the fresh set of guidelines issued by IRDAI, health i...16 June 2020
- Care Health Insurance Announces Launch of Care Shi...
Care Health Insurance has added Care Shield, another afforda...03 December 2020
- Insurers Look to Cover In-Vitro Fertilisation (IVF...
IVF and infertility related expenses are often not covered u...06 September 2019
- India-Made Covishied Vaccine Reaches South Africa
According to reports South Africa has received its first bat...02 February 2021
- Health Insurance To Be Mandatory for Employees Pos...
Post lockdown, employers must mandatorily provide medical in...24 April 2020
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers, which are subject to modification .For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Tax benefits are subject to changes in applicable tax laws. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, (CIN: U66010RJ2016PTC054811, Regd .Off: Girnar 21, Govind Marg, Moti Doongari Road, Dharam Singh Circle, Jaipur, Rajasthan- 302004; Corp. Off: 11th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (Life & General) valid till 19th March 2023. Email - firstname.lastname@example.org ; Helpline number: 7551196989.
You authorise Girnar Insurance Brokers Pvt Ltd (insurancedekho) to contact you through call, SMS, email, WhatsApp or any other mode in future. You hereby override your NDNC registration.