Health InsuranceHealth insurance help lower your risk of being burdened by expenses for preventive care or medical bills as a result of an illness or accident. You should consider adequate medical insurance coverage for your current Health needs.offered by insurers
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
How To Buy Health Insurance ?
- Fill Your Details
Enter your Name and Mobile Number. Tell us when you plan to buy a health insurance policy and click on ‘View Instant Quotes’ to proceed.
- Compare Health Insurance Quotes
Quotes customized as per your details will appear on your screen. Choose a health insurance plan which best suits your requirements.
- Make Payment Online
Choose the tenure of the selected health insurance plan, enter the required details & proceed with the payment. And you’re done!.
Benefits of Health Insurance
What is Health Insurance?
Health insurance is an agreement under which an insurance company promises to reimburse the medical expenses incurred by the policyholder. The insurance coverage generally includes costs incurred for hospitalisation, medicines, specialist/doctor/surgeon as well as cost incurred during pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation. There are various types of health insurance policies that can be purchased by individuals and families. These include individual health insurance policies, family floater plans, senior citizen health plans, women specific health insurance policies, disease specific plans, etc. A policyholder can extend the coverage of a plan with the help of health insurance add-ons like hospital daily cash cover, maternity cover, room rent waiver, etc. by paying an additional premium amount. There are various benefits of having a health insurance plan. Besides providing you with the insurance coverage for medical expenses, a health insurance plan provides peace of mind by providing financial stability in times of emergencies. It ensures that you get timely and required medical treatment. It also helps you avail tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961. To ensure hassle-free services and smooth claim settlement facilities, insurance companies have tie-ups with many hospitals. These hospitals are known as network hospitals. In the absence of any tie-up, i.e. if the treatment is availed at a non-network hospital, then the insurer reimburses the medical expenses to the policyholder.
A health insurance plan provides you with financial stability during medical emergencies which may involve huge healthcare costs. A health insurance plan offers coverage for expenses incurred during in-patient hospitalization along with that incurred pre & post-hospitalization up to the promised sum insured.
Peace of Mind
A health insurance plan helps you maintain peace of mind by taking care of all financial needs related to the medication.
Timely and Good Quality Medical Treatment
A health insurance plan helps you in getting timely and good quality medical treatment. Insurance companies have tie-ups with hospitals where you can get medical treatment in a cashless manner without any paperwork or any other hassle.
The premium paid for a health insurance plan qualifies for a tax deduction of up to Rs. 25,000 and Rs. 50,000 for individuals below 60 years of age and individuals above 60 years respectively under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Popular Health Insurance Companies
Frequently asked questions (FAQ’s)
What is Health Insurance?
Health Insurance is a type of insurance plan wherein an insurance company promised to compensate the policyholder(s) for the expenses incurred on medical treatment subject to the sum insured mentioned in the policy.
How to get health insurance from InsuranceDekho.com?
InsuranceDekho.com is an online platform that lets you compare health insurance quotes of top-rated insurance companies on the basis of requirements and helps you choose the best health insurance policy for you.
What is a family floater health insurance plan?
A family floater plan is a type of health insurance plan under which the insurance coverage is available to the entire family rather than just one individual against the payment of a single premium. Generally, a family plan consists of 5 members of the family - self, spouse and up to 4 children. However, this can vary from insurance company to insurance company.
What is arogya sanjeevani health insurance policy?
Arogya Sanjeevani Policy is a Standard Health Insurance Product (SHIP) which is offered by all health insurance companies with exactly the same benefits. For this plan, no medical check-ups are required for people who are not older than 45 years and have no medical history.
What is health insurance claim settlement ratio?
A claim settlement ratio refers to the percentage of claims settled by a health insurance company out of the total claims received by it during a financial year. The higher the claim settlement ratio, the better it is.
What is co-payment in health insurance?
Co-payment refers to the share of claim amount borne by the policyholder/insured at the time of claim settlement. However, a co-payment does not reduce the sum insured.
What tax benefits are available with health insurance plans?
Individuals below 60 years of age can claim a tax deduction of up to Rs. 25,000 and individuals above 60 years can claim a tax deduction of up to Rs. 50,000 under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act on their health insurance premium.
What are daycare treatments?
A daycare treatment refers to medical treatment, and/or surgical procedure undertaken under general or local anaesthesia in a hospital/daycare centre in less than 24 hours because of technological advancement.
What is a free-look period?
A free-look period is the time period during which a health policyholder can review the terms and conditions of their health insurance policy, and return the same if not acceptable.
What is a waiting period in health insurance?
A waiting period refers to the time span after the purchase of the policy during which a policyholder cannot claim any benefit from the insurance company. All health insurance benefits can be claimed only after the expiry of the waiting period of the health insurance plan.
Health Insurance Articles
- Latest Articles
- Popular Articles
- Top Up health Insurance and Mediclaim Policy Cover
To know about the Mediclaim policy cover and top up insuranc...06 May 2021
- Star Health Insurance For Diabetes
The Star Diabetes Safe health insurance programme is tailore...06 May 2021
- Things to Know About Life After Recovering From CO...
COVID recovery takes about 2 weeks for mild cases and about ...06 May 2021
- Ways To Save Tax With Health Insurance
Investing in health insurance will help you save money on ta...03 May 2021
- Top Activities To Indulge Yourself In During COVID...
Amid the coronavirus pandemic, the planet is practising sel...03 May 2021
- Simple Ways To Spend Your Free Time During Corona...
Want to know how to spend time at home during coronavirus lo...26 March 2020
- How to Check Star Health Insurance Policy Status a...
Do you want to check Star Health Insurance policy status onl...21 September 2020
- Best Health Insurance Companies In 2021 Based On C...
The claim settlement ratio is an important aspect of any ins...31 March 2021
- How Medical Bills Can Help Senior Citizens in Savi...
Deductions on tax can be claimed if the medical expenses are...25 December 2020
- Deadliest Diseases in India
India is challenged by some deadliest diseases. Explore a l...27 April 2020
Choose a Health Insurance Plan For
Why choose InsuranceDekho ?
- Instant policy issuance
- Dedicated support team
- Quotes from multiple insurers
Happy Customers6195 Reviews
- Got to know about renewal benefitsSince I did not use my health plan even once last year, I was reluctant to renew my plan. I came across InsuranceDekho a...Bajaj AllianzBy Vansh MittalOn:11th May, 2021
- Rapid quotesGenerating multiple quotes was a rapid affair on InsuranceDekho. All it required was some basic information like the gen...NationalBy Sujata ShikdarOn:11th May, 2021
- Locating partner hospitals was feasibleLocating nearby hospitals that are partnered with HDFC ERGO General Insurance company was a cakewalk on InsuranceDekho. ...HDFC ERGOBy Tara ShettyOn:11th May, 2021
- Policy within budgetI was looking for a health insurance policy to cover my whole family with a standard health insurance plan within a tigh...Aditya BirlaBy Pradip KunduOn:11th May, 2021
- Accurate comparisonComparing insurance companies based on their claim settlement ratios, insured sum amount and number of network hospitals...ManipalCignaBy Sayani RouthOn:11th May, 2021
How to buy health insurance?
Eligibility Criteria to Buy Health Insurance
Buying a health insurance policy is essential because medical care, especially in the private sector is expensive and can burn a hole in your pocket. To avoid a tough situation during medical emergency or illness, paying a small annual premium can certainly help to lessen your stress.
You can easily purchase a good insurance plan online that usually covers expenses incurred towards doctor consultation fees, ambulance services, hospitalization to a certain extent. Here are the eligibility criteria-
- Entry age for adults- 18-65 years (exclusive plans are provided for people above 70 years of age.)
- Entry age for children-90 days-18 years.
Buying a health insurance policy during early age can be cost-effective as one might not necessarily have to undergo medical tests conducted by the insurers.
Documents Required to Buy Health Insurance Online
There are a few documents that you must be able to show to buy a health insurance policy online. These are-
- Age proof: Either of the following-Birth Certificate, 10th or 12th mark sheet, Driving License, Passport, Voter’s ID, etc.
- Identity proof: Either of-Passport, Driving License, Voter ID, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, which proves one’s citizenship.
- Address proof: Either of-Electricity bill, Ration Card, Telephone Bill, Passport, Driving License with your permanent address clearly mentioned on it.
- Medical check-up: Some plans require health check-up to ensure that the individual is not suffering from any chronic illness.
The Process to Buy Health Insurance Online
You can buy a health insurance policy online in a few easy steps-
- Fill in the details of your basic requirements to get the best results of health insurance plans matching your needs.
- Compare health insurance plans and decide wisely on which insurer to invest in.
- Opt for a plan that matches your requirements and be insured within a few minutes.
- Fill in the online proposal form with your necessary details for further reference.
- Upload your documents.
- Make payment for the chosen plan.
- The health insurance plan has now got you covered.
Health Insurance News
- Latest News
- Popular News
- Going for Vaccination? What to Do Before and After...
This article contains information about what to do before an...15 May 2021
- What are the side effects of the Covid vaccine? Ho...
Have you taken the vaccine and experiencing mild side effect...15 May 2021
- How To Download COVID Vaccination Certificate Onli...
The COVID Vaccine Certificate is issued to every individual ...15 May 2021
- India To Have These 8 COVID-19 Vaccines By the End...
India will have 8 COVID-19 vaccines by the end of 2021 as p...14 May 2021
- Is It Possible To Get COVID-19 After Getting Fully...
Wondering if people can get COVID-19 after getting fully vac...14 May 2021
- Nasal Covaxin Human Trials Begin in Nagpur
As per latest reports, the human trials of nasal Covaxin, Bh...08 March 2021
- Registration for Universal Health Insurance Covera...
The registration for Universal Health Insurance Coverage Sch...31 March 2021
- Precautions To Take After Covid-19 Vaccination
After getting vaccinated for Covid-19, there are certain pre...04 May 2021
- More Children & Youngsters Getting Affected from C...
According to AIIMS Chief, children and youngsters are gettin...01 April 2021
- Shelf Life of Covid-19 Vaccine Covishield Extended...
According to latest reports, Indian drug regulator has allow...31 March 2021
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers, which are subject to modification .For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Tax benefits are subject to changes in applicable tax laws. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, (CIN: U66010RJ2016PTC054811, Regd .Off: Girnar 21, Govind Marg, Moti Doongari Road, Dharam Singh Circle, Jaipur, Rajasthan- 302004; Corp. Off: 11th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (Life & General) valid till 19th March 2023. Email - email@example.com ; Helpline number: 7551196989.
You authorise Girnar Insurance Brokers Pvt Ltd (insurancedekho) to contact you through call, SMS, email, WhatsApp or any other mode in future. You hereby override your NDNC registration.