Why should I buy Government-aided Health Insurance Plans?
Published On Apr 13, 2023 10:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
With changing lifestyles and hectic work life, the health risks have increased by manifolds. At present, there are different types of health problems that are affecting different age groups. So, in order to stay protected against the risks of health problems, it is best to buy health insurance plans and ensure complete protection.
Owing to the dire need for health insurance, the government of India has also launched a number of health insurance plans. So, listed below are some of the compelling reasons why you should buy government-aided health insurance plans.
About Government-aided Health Insurance Plans
As the name suggests, government-aided health insurance plans are those that are backed by the Indian government. Being backed by the government of India, these health insurance plans are highly reliable. Some of the government-aided health insurance plans include Ayushman Bharat Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, Central Government Health Scheme, and more.
Now, wondering why should you buy government-aided health insurance plans. Here are some reasons for the same:
- The government-aided health insurance plans comparatively have a lower premium. This is because these plans are government-aided and are aimed at making health insurance accessible to all sections of society.
- There are a number of government-aided health insurance plans available which makes it easier for policyholders to buy a desired plan.
- There are lesser risks involved when buying government-aided health insurance plans.
Furthermore, here are some of the government-aided health insurance plans that you can consider buying:
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana: The Ayushman Bharat Yojana is a popular health insurance plan offered by the government of India that offers health insurance coverage of Rs. 5 lakhs. With the Ayushman Bharat Yojana, policyholders can get coverage for pre and post-hospitalisation expenses, diagnostic expenses, and more.
- Central Government Health Scheme: The Central Government Health Scheme or CGHS is specially designed for the employees of the central government. It was launched in the year 1954 and is extremely popular amongst government pensioners. With this scheme, eligible individuals can enjoy greater health coverage.
- Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana: The Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana scheme or PMJAY was launched in the year 2018. This scheme is specially designed for individuals with low income. With the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, individuals can get coverage for up to Rs. 5 lakhs and moreover, the scheme also provides coverage for pre-existing health conditions.
Thus, a government-aided health insurance plan is highly recommended for those who wish to secure their health. You can also explore a number of health insurance plans on the InsuranceDekho website and buy the best-suited health insurance plan for yourself and your family.