Why Should I Buy A Super Top-Up Health Insurance Policy?
Updated On Aug 11, 2021
Table of Contents
A health insurance cover is essential to provide financial aid at the time of a medical emergency. It brings peace and a sense of relief to the individuals. But, sometimes the coverage of the health insurance policy is not enough to meet the requirements of the individuals and the sum assured might lack in looking after the medical dues. Treatment of critical diseases and maternity expenses are some of the treatments which are very expensive due to the rise in inflation in the health sector. To help the customers overcome the costs of such expenses, the health insurance providers have rolled out optional health insurance covers like riders, add-on covers, top-up covers, and super top-up covers.
Super top-up covers add extra value to the existing health insurance policy with its comprehensive features and benefits. The policyholders can choose a super top-up cover depending on their requirements and pay extra premium for the same which is lesser when compared to the standard health insurance policy. A super top-up cover provides expenses for multiple illnesses and offers cashless claims to the policyholders.
About Super Top-Up Health Insurance Cover
A super top-up health insurance cover can be bought over the existing health insurance cover to enhance the coverage of the base health insurance plan at an affordable price. It looks after the medical expenses for multiple illnesses in a policy year after the sum assured of the base health insurance plan gets exhausted. You can buy a super top-up cover to add value to your base plan from any insurance provider of your choice.
Why Buy A Super Top-Up Health Insurance Cover?
Let us look at some of the benefits of having a super top-up health insurance cover:
- It provides an additional cover to your standard health insurance cover. It adds extra value to it with the comprehensive coverage of unique features and benefits.
- Super top-up plans are cheaper than the base health insurance plan and the premium depends on the deductibles.
- Claims are valid only when made after the threshold limit of the base health insurance plan. You can also make a cashless claim at one of the network hospitals of the insurance provider.
- Under this cover you must pay the deductibles once and then you can make multiple claims over a policy year.
- Based on your plan and sum assured, you can customize your policy cover and choose the limit of the deductibles.
- You are eligible for tax deduction benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act on your premium payments of the super top-up health insurance cover.
- The policy can be purchased, renewed, and compared online without much effort thus making the whole process convenient, smooth, and hassle-free.
Coverage of A Super Top-Up Health Insurance Plan
A super top-up health insurance cover looks after the medical expenses like doctors fees, diagnostic tests, surgery costs, pre and post hospitalization, day care procedures, ICU charges, room rents, ambulance charges, and complementary healthcare checkups. It provides a lot more benefits depending on your requirements and the type of plan chosen. You can avail these benefits and get compensation for the medical expenses only after the deductible limit of the base health insurance. There are several other inclusions and exclusions in a super top-up cover which can differ from one insurer to the other, therefore you must make sure that your requirements are met under the purchased cover.
Who Should Invest In A Super Top-Up Health Insurance Cover?
Super top-up cover can be bought by anyone who wants to add extra value to their existing health insurance plan at an affordable price. However, it will be beneficial for the senior citizens to get a super top-up plan as it will reduce the premium to a certain extent. You will have to pay for the deductibles on your base plan but it will be beneficial in times of an emergency. Also, employees insured under group health insurance covers can get a super top-up plan to suffice their existing plan in case it is not sufficient. Therefore, any individual for whom their existing health insurance cover is not sufficient can buy a super top-up plan to get extra benefits.
You can get a super top-up health insurance cover and enhance the value of your existing health insurance plan at an affordable price. You must carefully read the fine print of the policy related documents to make sure that your requirements have been met by the insurance provider.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.