The Advantages of Using Health Insurance
Published On May 27, 2022 10:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
There are multiple coverages in health insurance starting from Rs. 1 lac. In these modern times, the cost of medical treatments have become far more expensive than a decade ago. In India, a large number of people prefer private healthcare to public healthcare treatments. Thus, a health insurance has become a common necessity because people not only cover themselves but also their families.
There are many people putting their lives and the lives of their families at risk by not opting for adequate health insurance covers. Additionally, opting for a lower plan and finding out a major illness or disease later on such as cancer or dialysis can result in huge financial costs. This is so because once an illness is diagnosed, buying a 1 cr health insurance plan won’t help you.
Why Should You Purchase Health Insurance?
Benefits of having a Health insurance Policy are:
- Cashless Treatment: If you are insured, you can get cashless treatments as your insurance company would work in collaboration with various hospital networks.
- Pre and post hospitalization cost coverage: Insurance policy also covers pre and post hospitalization charges up to the period of 60 days, depending on the insurance plans purchased.
- Transportation Charges: Insurance policy also covers the amount paid to ambulances towards the transportation of insured.
- No Claim Bonus (NCB): This is the bonus element which is paid to the insured if the insured does not file a claim for any treatment in the previous year.
- Medical Checkup: Insurance policy also provide options for health checkups. Free health checkup is also provided by some insurers based on your previous NCBs.
- Room Rent: Insurance policy also covers room expenses depending on the premium being paid by the insured.
- Tax Benefit: Premium paid on Health insurance is tax deductible under section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
There is a deduction under 80D upto 25000 for self, spouse and children. An additional 25000 is available for parents if aged below 60 and if above 60 a deduction of 50,000 is available.
Also read - Top child-protection ideas in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic