Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plans from Tata AIG
Published On Apr 22, 2022 10:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
Packed with several benefits and a pocket-friendly price, Tata AIG's Health Insurance for Senior Citizens encompasses covers for a wide range of health-related challenges, including those associated with age.
TATA AIG's Health Insurance Plans for Senior Citizens offer you all the benefits of a Tata AIG health insurance plan. Here are the key highlights of the Tata AIG Health Insurance Plans for Senior Citizens.
- Excellent health insurance coverage, starting at ₹15 per day*
- Access to Cashless Insurance at 7,200+ Network Hospitals
- 94.43 per cent Health Insurance Claim Settlement Ratio for FY 2020-2021
- 4.5/5 Customer Ratings
- Coverage for Pre-hospitalisation, Hospitalisation, and Post-Hospitalisation Expenses
- Coverage for Preventive Health Check-ups
- Coverage for Covid-19
- Tax* Benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961
- Swift and hassle-free policy purchase and renewal process
Why Do You Need Health Insurance Plans For Senior Citizens?
Health is wealth and something that must not be taken lightly or compromised with. The question 'why do senior citizens need specific health insurance plans?' has many answers, ranging from the simple to the complex. First and foremost, there can be no doubt about the fact that age is directly proportional to the occurrence of various diseases and inversely proportional to the immunity of one's body.
The aforementioned universal facts should suffice to prompt senior citizens to purchase an optimal health insurance policy for themselves or their family members to make this decision. Here are some reasons why health insurance for senior citizens is an absolute must-have:
1. Increased risk of various diseases and infections: It is no secret that with the passage of age, the human body becomes more vulnerable to several diseases, ranging from the common cold and joint pain to critical illnesses such as cancer, cardiovascular ailments, and cancer. Therefore, it is important to buy medical insurance for senior citizens and have some level of financial protection against any adverse health-related events.
2. Rapidly rising medical inflation: Medical inflation across the globe has been rising on average, and India is no exception to this disturbing trend. Whether it is a doctor's consultation or the cost of hospitalisation, any kind of medical treatment can have a substantial impact on your finances. With the assistance of a senior citizen mediclaim policy, though, a majority of medical expenses can be covered.
3. The necessity for periodical health check-ups: Even if old age treats you well and you do not need constant medical attention, it is still advisable to undergo periodical health check-ups to ensure that all your organs are in working order and that there is no cause for concern. A regular health check-up can be expensive, which is another reason for you to choose a mediclaim policy for senior citizens.
4. A shield for your savings: Imagine having your meticulously accumulated retirement fund be diluted by the expenses for the treatment of a critical illness or a medical condition that requires constant attention and care, for instance, diabetes and arthritis. It's not a scenario anyone should be faced with. You can easily protect the savings meant for your post-retirement years by purchasing a suitable senior citizen health insurance policy.
Features Of Tata AIG's Health Insurance Plans For Senior Citizens
The Tata AIG Health Insurance For Senior Citizens Plan has several features that make it one of the best health insurance plans for senior citizens. Here are the main features of our medical insurance for senior citizens.
1. Cashless Insurance: By selecting the Tata AIG senior citizen mediclaim policy, you can get access to cashless insurance at more than 7,200 hospitals across the country. With their widespread network of partner hospitals, you can get the required medical treatment and file an online health insurance claim to pass the worry of the payment of your hospitalisation bills to them.
2. Cover for Hospitalisation: The Tata AIG Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plan comprises a cover for hospitalisation, thereby enabling you to get the necessary medical care without having to worry about the expenses of hospital beds, Intensive Care Units, medicines, etc.
3. Extensive Coverage: In addition to a cover for hospitalisation expenses, their senior citizen health insurance plan also has several other important covers, including an ambulance cover, cover for pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, cover for daycare procedures, AYUSH cover, and a cover for pre-existing diseases.
4. Covid-19 Cover: Keeping in mind the threat of the ongoing global pandemic, they have included a cover for Covid-19 in our health insurance for senior citizens.
5. Convenient Policy Purchase Process: At Tata AIG, they aim to make your health insurance experience as hassle-free as possible. This is why they have a swift policy purchase and renewal process as well as a customer-friendly claims process.
6. Paperless Policies: They only have one planet to call home, and the planet's health is as important as our own. Therefore, our policies are paperless and delivered to you in a digital format. This is one of the ways they can reduce their carbon footprint.
Benefits Of Buying Tata AIG's Health Insurance Plans For Senior Citizens
If you opt for Tata AIG's Health Insurance for Senior Citizens Plan, you will get several health insurance benefits. Some of the benefits of their senior citizen insurance plan are as follows:
1. Substantial Health Insurance Coverage: With the Tata AIG senior citizen mediclaim policy, you get substantial health insurance coverage, including covers for pre-existing diseases, hospitalisation expenses, pre and post-hospitalisation expenses, health check-ups, ambulance expenses, and Covid-19. Their health policy for senior citizens has been designed with meticulous care and consideration for the unique health insurance requirements of the elderly, thereby making it an excellent selection.
2. Wide Network of Partner Hospitals: One of the most useful benefits of selecting a Tata AIG Health Insurance For Senior Citizens Plan is that you get access to more than 7,200+ network hospitals across India where you can avail of cashless insurance. This means that you do not need to pay your daycare or hospitalisation bills. All you have to do is file a health insurance claim, and they will settle the bills for you.
3. Cumulative Bonus: For every policy year during which you do not file a health insurance claim on your senior citizen mediclaim policy, they shall increase the sum insured in the policy by 10 to 100 percent. You do not have to pay any additional premium for this enhancement of the sum insured under our Cumulative Bonus benefit.
4. 24*7 Support: At Tata AIG, we are committed to providing you with the necessary support throughout your association with them. You can reach out to their support team via phone (1800-266-7780), WhatsApp (+91-9136160375), or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. High Claim Settlement Ratio: their health insurance claim settlement ratio of 94.21 per cent for the financial year 2020-2021 is a testament to our commitment to customer satisfaction and ensuring a seamless claims process.
The extent of the coverage of any health insurance policy is determined by its inclusions as well as exclusions. It is, thus, advisable to check both of these components in the policy wordings before selecting a health insurance policy for senior citizens.
Also Read: Is COVID-19 Version Omicron More Dangerous Than COVID-19 Delta?