Niva Bupa Reassure Policy: Everything You Need to Know
Updated On Oct 06, 2023
Table of Contents
Niva Bupa ReAssure Family Floater is a comprehensive policy under Niva Bupa Health Insurance that delivers extensive medical coverage to the entire family in a single policy. The policy provides a host of benefits with a large sum insured range of up to Rs 1 crore with reassurance at every step. Thus, the insured is assured of a seamless claim settlement with unlimited reinstatement of the sum insured and booster benefits that double it in two claim-free years.
Features & Benefits of the Niva Bupa ReAssure Plan
Some of the significant benefits of the Niva Bupa health insurance as a Family Floater policy are:
- Sum Insured: The sum insured under this policy ranges from Rs 3 Lakh to Rs 1 Crore.
- Purchase Options: The policy can be procured in several ways, including online
- Flexible Policy Term: One can choose a policy term of 1, 2, or 3 years depending on the individual preference.
- In-built Benefits: The initial waiting period has been reduced to 15 days for all COVID-19-related hospitalizations.
- Tax Benefit: The premium paid for the Niva Bupa ReAssure Family Floater Insurance Policy is tax-exempt under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961, subject to applicable limits.
Niva Bupa ReAssure Plan Eligibility Criteria
The minimum eligibility conditions to buy the Niva Bupa (Formerly known as Max Bupa) ReAssure Family Floater plan are:
- Minimum Entry Age: 18 years
- Maximum Entry Age (Adult): 65 years Lifelong Renewal
- Number of people covered: Max 6 members in various family combinations; Son and daughter are not eligible for the family floater policy.
Inclusions of Niva Bupa ReAssure Plan
The coverage has been thoughtfully designed to keep the insured secure and comfortable during hospitalization. Anyone looking to buy the Niva Bupa (Formerly known as Max Bupa) ReAssure Family Floater plan can look through the following coverage:
- In-patient Treatment
- Pre and Post-Hospitalization Expenses for 60 and 180 days respectively
- Day Care Treatment
- Living Donor Organ Transplant
- Alternative Treatments
- Modern Treatments
- Domiciliary Hospitalization
- HomeCare Treatment
- Emergency Ambulance
- Air Ambulance
- Second Medical Opinion
- Annual Health Check-up from day one
- Shared Accommodation Cash Benefit
- Personal Accident Cover
- Hospital Cash
Exclusions of Niva Bupa ReAssure Plan
It is essential to know about the exclusions when deciding to buy Niva Bupa (Formerly known as Max Bupa) ReAssure Family Floater Health Insurance to raise flawless claims:
- Initial Waiting Period: No claim for illness other than accidental injury is accepted during the first 30 days.
- Specific Diseases Waiting Period: The cover is not available for specifically listed diseases and treatments during the first 24 months.
- Pre-existing Medical Conditions: Indemnity for pre-existing conditions is available after continuous coverage of 36 months.
These are wide-ranging situations and medical conditions for which no coverage is available in the plan. For example, intentional self-injury, OPD treatment, maternity expenses, etc. The insured must consult the policy document to know about them in detail.
Under IRDAI provisions, every insurer is mandated to provide a free look period. The Niva Bupa (Formerly known as Max Bupa) ReAssure Family Floater Insurance Policy offers 15 days to review and cancel the plan if the terms are not acceptable. The period is extended to 30 days if a 3-year plan has been purchased through distance marketing.