Learn About Eligibility Criteria For Buying Family Health Insurance Plans In India
Published On Sep 01, 2022 11:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
Numerous lifestyle disorders, including high blood pressure and diabetes, have been brought on by our hectic lives in combination with pollution, bad eating, sleeping, and exercise habits. As a result, having protective health insurance coverage has become essential. With health insurance, you won't have to worry about using your savings and income to cover unforeseen medical expenses. Receiving proper health insurance will significantly lower your medical costs. To know more about family health insurance plans in India, read on.
What Is A Family Health Insurance Plan?
A family health insurance plan is a type of health insurance that offers coverage for every member of your family under a single health insurance policy. With the understanding that not everyone may get ill at the same time, this plan divides a certain amount of insurance among all family members. Most family health insurance plans provide cashless hospitalisation options, maternity benefits, and pre- and post-hospitalization coverage as well.
What Are The Benefits Of Buying Health Insurance Plans For A Family?
Following are the benefits of buying health insurance plans for a family -
- Cashless Treatment - At the event of hospitalisation, the covered family member may get cashless care in one of the insurer's network hospitals, exactly like with individual health insurance. By doing this, you may ensure that everyone in your family is eligible for medical care without sacrificing the quality of care they get.
- Umbrella Coverage - For no additional cost, many health insurance providers let consumers join their parents-in-law and their own parents to a family health plan. One plan can cover both your parents' health and the parents of your spouse.
- Effective Premium - Family health insurance plans allow you to cover your spouse, kid, and parents under one plan at a low cost because you do not have to pay separate rates for each member of your family. However, given their age-related health risks, it is advised that you purchase individual health insurance for your parents.
- Ease of Insuring New Members - You may easily include a new family member in family health insurance plans by paying an additional price. Contrary to an individual insurance, you do not need to purchase a new one each time a family member is added. Make careful to raise your sum covered if you include your parents in a family health insurance plan that already exists.
- COVID Health Insurance - You may protect yourself and your family financially against COVID-19 by purchasing health insurance for the coronavirus. Although standard health insurance policies from all insurance companies provide coverage for coronavirus treatment, a coronavirus-specific plan called ‘Corona Kavach Policy’ has also been introduced that offers floater coverage for inpatient expenditures associated with coronavirus treatment.
- Tax Benefits - Health insurance premiums are free from taxes under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act. You qualify for tax advantages if you are the one who foots the bill for your family's and your parents' health insurance premiums.
In India, there are several kinds of health insurance plans that are available for individuals. One may scan through senior health insurance, critical illness insurance, individual health insurance, family floater insurance, comprehensive health insurance, and more. Browse the health insurance programme that their insurance provider has to offer. For all-round coverage, it is preferable to get a comprehensive health insurance plan with a critical illness rider benefit. Depending on the family's needs, an individual may select between an individual plan and a family-floater plan.
You must safeguard your family with an appropriate health insurance plan to lessen the financial load of your medical expenses. Although we understand the value of maintaining a healthy lifestyle, unexpected medical expenses cannot always be avoided.
Also read: Can I Buy A Health Insurance Plan For Diabetes? Why Is It Important?
Health Insurance With Maternity Coverage: An Important Tool To Enjoy Motherhood