Is LIC Health Insurance Good?
Updated On Jul 29, 2022
Table of Contents
Health insurance plans offer policyholders coverage against expenses that they might have to incur as a result of a planned or unplanned hospitalisation. In addition, health insurance policies provide a range of other benefits, such as a cover against pre- and post-hospitalisation expenses, ambulances charges, a no-claim bonus, etc. The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), a company which primarily provides life insurance solutions to Indian citizens, also offers customers a selection of health insurance plans.
Benefits of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) Health Insurance Plans
- Choice of Health Insurance Plans: LIC offers customers a general health insurance plan that provides financial protection in case of a surgery, hospitalisation, or medical treatment, and a cancer cover, which provides financial protection to the policyholder in case he/she is diagnosed with any stage of cancer.
- No Claim Benefit: If the policyholder does not make any claim during the policy year, the insurer will pay a no-claim benefit to the policyholder.
- Flexible Premium Payment options: The insurer also offers flexible premium payment options to their policyholders. Thus, one can pay their premiums on an annual or bi-annual basis, as per their convenience.
- Option to purchase Riders: Along with the purchase of the base policy, you can also purchase riders such as the LIC New Term Assurance Rider and the LIC Accident Benefit Rider to enhance the coverage of your policy.
- Tax Rebate: All premiums that you pay towards your policy are eligible for tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
List of Health Insurance Plans provided by Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)
1.LIC’s Jeevan Arogya Plan
The Jeevan Arogya Plan from LIC is a non-linked, non-participating, health insurance plan which provides policyholders a health cover against specific health risks and medical emergencies. Policy buyers can insurer themselves, their spouse, children, parents and parents-in-law, under this policy. The plan provides a wide range of benefits to policyholders including an annually increasing health cover, payment of a lump sum benefit, flexible premium payment options, and varying benefit limits to choose from.
2.LIC’s Cancer Cover
The Cancer Cover from LIC is a non-participating, non-linked, health insurance plan that provides policyholders financial protection in case they happen to get diagnosed with Early/Major Stage Cancer, any time during the policy tenure. This particular plan can be purchased through online and offline channels.
Rising healthcare costs are a concern for all, especially in the event of an emergency hospitalisation. One way to safeguard yourself from such unplanned expenses is to purchase a comprehensive health insurance policy that will keep your out-of-pocket expenses to a minimum. In addition, health insurance plans also help you save on tax deductions, as the premiums you pay towards your policy are eligible for tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
With regards to the insurer, LIC is one of the most preferred insurance firms in the country. The company, which was nationalised in the year 1956, has branches across the country. In order to cater to the demands of their ever-growing consumer base, the insurer also has a plethora of customer care channels, making it easy for customers to reach them.
Also read: How to claim Royal Sundaram health insurance