Is Kotak Health Insurance Good?
Published On Jul 30, 2022
Table of Contents
There are many health insurance companies in India, but choosing a good insurance provider is important. When you have a trustworthy health insurance provider, not only do you have excellent cover, but you also get the best service, which is an essential requirement. The Kotak Health Insurance Company is a leading health insurer in India, offering some very good and well-defined medical insurance covers. Read on to know why you should consider the health plans from Kotak Mahindra and what benefits you can get once you do so.
Features Of The Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance Plans
- There are over 4000 network hospitals associated with Kotak health insurance. As a result, you find a hospital in practically every corner of the country.
- The company has an incurred claim ratio of 49.22%.% (FY20-21).
- You enjoy lifelong renewability with the Kotak Health insurance plans.
- For most pre-existing diseases, there is a waiting period of 4 years under the Kotak health plans.
- Many options to choose from including family floater plans, individual health plans, critical illness plans, etc.
- 24/7 assistance from an excellent customer support team.
Covers Included In The Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance Plans
- Comprehensive health covers are available.
- You can make claims on a cashless, as well as, a reimbursement basis.
- You get various covers such as OPD covers, in-patient care, ICU covers, ambulance covers, domiciliary care, pre and post-hospital care, etc
- Covers available for all the members of a family
- Critical illness covers available.
- You get the option to add various riders to your policy.
- Organ donation cover.
- Hospital cash cover.
Exclusions of the Kotak Health Insurance Plans
- You cannot make a claim on the health insurance Kotak Mahindra bank plans if the injury happens due to war or any war-like situation.
- You cannot make a claim before the waiting period is exhausted.
- You cannot make a claim if you are hospitalized due to an accident caused by drunk driving.
- You cannot make a claim if you get hurt in an act of terrorism.
- You cannot make a claim if you need hospitalisation due to attempted suicide.
The renewal should always be done before the existing plan expires. It is a good idea to revisit your health requirements when you renew the cover. See if the health needs of the family have changed. If yes, then adjust the sum insured and get a proper and sufficient coverage amount. Evaluate your existing add-on covers. Remove or add the riders, depending on your current health insurance needs.
Also read: How To Claim Royal Sundaram Health Insurance