Importance of Cancer Insurance
Updated On Mar 14, 2023
Table of Contents
Deemed as one of the fatal diseases, cancer affects people from all age groups. The number of cancer cases in India is only increasing with each passing year. It is in fact predicted that by 2025, cancer cases will increase by 12.5%. This figure indicates how important it is to get protection against cancer and adopt measures for its prevention. From lifestyle changes and unhealthy eating habits to tobacco consumption, there are different factors that are the leading cause behind the chances of cancer. Moreover, the cancer treatment cost is so high that it makes sense to purchase and invest in health insurance plans that provide specific coverage for cancer treatment. In today’s blog, let us understand the importance of cancer insurance.
What is a Cancer Insurance Plan?
A cancer insurance plan is a type of health insurance plan that is designed for the treatment of cancer. The cancer insurance plan pays for the treatment cost of cancer, thus letting you get quality treatment without worrying about hefty medical expenses. A number of health insurance companies now offer cancer insurance plans, moreover, health insurance plans with critical illness coverage also provide coverage for cancer.
Benefits of Buying Cancer Insurance Plan
There are several benefits of buying a cancer insurance plan such as the following:
- It is a stated fact that if there is a history of cancer cases in your family, then there is a high chance of you being diagnosed with cancer. So, it is better to stay prepared against such a situation and buy the best cancer health insurance plan for your and your loved ones.
- With the constant rise in medical expenses, the treatment cost of cancer has also increased. The high treatment cost of cancer often makes it difficult for individuals to get the right and immediate treatment. This is exactly where the role of a cancer insurance plan becomes extremely important as it reduces the financial burden and provides coverage for the treatment of cancer. From hospital room expenses to chemotherapy costs, a cancer insurance plan provides coverage for all. You can also avail premium waiver benefits, provided cancer is diagnosed at an early stage and you inform your health insurance company.
- There are different types of cancer that affect people from all age groups such as breast cancer, lung cancer, mouth cancer, and more. And with cancer insurance plans, you can get coverage against all types of cancer.
- A lump sum payment is also provided along with cancer insurance plans depending on the severity of the cancer - minor or major.
- Income benefit is also provided if the breadwinner of the family is diagnosed with cancer. This means that to compensate for the loss of income, a specific sum is provided if you have a cancer insurance plan. The nominee of the cancer insurance plan receives the benefit of payment.
Tips to Reduce the Risk of Cancer
There are certain lifestyle changes that you must adopt in order to reduce the risk of cancer. Listed below are the tips for the same:
- You need to eat a healthy diet that will provide you with all the essential nutrients. You should stay away from eating junk food and high-calorie foods as the same will result in increased body weight.
- You should say no to the consumption of alcohol and tobacco. In fact, the consumption of tobacco is the primary reason behind mouth cancer.
- You should take steps to reduce environmental pollution in order to reduce the harmful effects of air pollutants.
- You must also go for regular health check-ups as the same will help in early diagnosis of cancer and thus start its treatment at the right time.
Thus, to reduce the financial burden if diagnosed with cancer, it is a wise decision to purchase cancer insurance plans in advance. Doing so will help in safeguarding the financial needs of you and your family and also focus on getting quality treatment for cancer. You can also explore cancer insurance plans on InsuranceDekho.